JaegerMister

Jun 28, 2020
I'm just playing along, doing my thing, and have Weejit and Jane both in the game. That's what is so cool about this game: I can just play it like I want to, and everything comes up Milhouse. I have yet to encounter a game-stopping bug in the game, and yet i am following a path (straight female with no kinks) that seems like it is not at all popular. That is good game design, given that others are so pleased with routes so different than what I am interested in.
I feel ya on this. I can't picture my Sparkle NOT being with Roopah, but at the same time I can also see why people would want to explore the routes for other characters or even all of them through free use. This game is well designed as far as world and character building goes. I adore the fact that there's essentially a little something in here for everyone. Sumbmissive? There's a route for that. Dominant? Well, not as much yet, but I imagine it'll be a choice down the Lel path as the game goes on. Lesbian? Hi Panki, Hi Lel:). Hi one offs with Ooyum and Twig. Straight? Kayden's a prick but if it floats your boat. And there's that one off with Champ... Though those one offs COULD be relationships down the line, if Twig, Ooyum, Champ and the like become more prominent characters. I'm not actually sure if Wejit is a partner choice, but if so? Yeah, the guys loyal to his fucking core so I can see Sparkle potentially rewarding that loyalty with love and loyalty in return. Harmony also has a lot of potential and I'd probably explore her more if Roopah wasn't a thing. Leigh's an asshat. Fuck Leigh. Jane is a whole treasure trove of potential and considering that the IRL ending basically confirms Jane becomes your GF IRL, having her IN MEGAREAL opens up so many possibilities. Though with the revelation of who the other gamer in your party is... well, there's potential for yet another IRL relationship ;)

JaegerMister

Jun 28, 2020
Unrelated question, but how do you set up your signature to have multiple spoiler buttons? Like you click one and that allows you to click another and so on and so forth? I have an interesting idea for a sig but I don't know how to set it up.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Unrelated question, but how do you set up your signature to have multiple spoiler buttons? Like you click one and that allows you to click another and so on and so forth? I have an interesting idea for a sig but I don't know how to set it up.
Code:
[SPOILER="title 1"]"Text or Image goes here"[/SPOILER][SPOILER="title 2"]"Text or Image goes here"[/SPOILER][SPOILER="title 3"]"Text or Image goes here"[/SPOILER]

Reactions: JaegerMister

JaegerMister

Jun 28, 2020
Code:
[SPOILER="title 1"]"Text or Image goes here"[/SPOILER][SPOILER="title 2"]"Text or Image goes here"[/SPOILER][SPOILER="title 3"]"Text or Image goes here"[/SPOILER]
Thankies my dude, so are the spoilers within the spoilers inline spoilers or just normal ones? Also, appreciate the quick response.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Thankies my dude, so are the spoilers within the spoilers inline spoilers or just normal ones? Also, appreciate the quick response.
Inline spoilers just blur the text until you click on it. like so blur
What you see above will nest spoilers like so
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

daviezwei

Oct 21, 2017
Are those in the game already? Also, would there be an option for the dominant Sparkle?
Yes, those are in 0.5 but as more of a tease at the end. They will be the focus of that route in the next update, of course!

As for a dominant Sparkle option... what are you looking for there? I'm happy to consider ideas/suggestions!

JaegerMister

Jun 28, 2020
Inline spoilers just blur the text until you click on it. like so blur
What you see above will nest spoilers like so
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ahh thank you thank you, that works perfectly. Except I'm messing something up, cause it isn't working. And now I finally got it, maybe my signature applies to me too xD

Last edited:

Zaraia

Nov 16, 2017
And I don't think it's too much of a spoiler to say that you don't necessarily have to ditch Wejit in order to get Jane in the game. There's an option later to agree to another (more obscure) deal to get what you want.
Wait wait and that's already in the game?

As for a dominant Sparkle option... what are you looking for there? I'm happy to consider ideas/suggestions!
Well obviously this would just make your job harder as there are already so many paths, but I did try to play the game while taking the most dominant (or rather least submissive) option each time and it just resulted in questlines being cut and Sparkle just being in a somewhat neutral position but still kind of disrespected, still wearing the goblin queen outfit. It would be cool if it was possible for her to kind of turn the tables and eventually take over the group. Of course I can see how that wouldn't be a priority since it's probably not what most players are looking for when playing something called "Healslut", and it definitely wouldn't be my "canon" path either. But it would make the choices and paths feel more significant.

On the other hand I can also see the appeal in her being locked into a subservient position just by virtue of her "healslut" role (and perceived ditziness and the fact she disappears every once in a while), and her choices being limited to how far she'll let herself fall. So yeah not sure where I'm going with this.

JaegerMister

Jun 28, 2020
Ok, so I can

I think the only one that Sparkle could have a legitimately dominate path with might be Lel if she remains the groups sole loot whore. Other than that? Nah, Sparkle wants the love my dude.
Jesus, how do I manage to fuck up my own posts like this? The actual fuck? Apparently the same way I can't get my sig to work right lmfao. This is why I stay well away from code or anything beyond basic replies lmfao

yumyymm

Jun 9, 2019
Yes, those are in 0.5 but as more of a tease at the end. They will be the focus of that route in the next update, of course!
Excellent. I have been holding off playing for like 4 months to allow more content to accumulate, but am sorely tempted. Maybe version 0.6...

Esti

Oct 14, 2017
what are you looking for there
Well... Three things, primarily.
1) Gaining respect of the group and other people. As of right now Sparkle is almost always mistreated even by her closest allies. Even when she does a good job! It's like all of them wish to humiliate her just for the hell of it. And making it look as if that's completely normal. It's all right when you are on the free use route or something similar, but gets pretty frustrating when you try to be strong protagonist.
2) Getting faith in youself and your abilities. Pursuing something that Sparkle actually wants for herself, not just to save someone. Standing for herself. Such things. Sparkle has a real potential to be a leader or the grey eminence.
3) Be dominant in bed. Reverse-Roopah, if you will, but less rapey and more understanding and caring. Or even without care))) Make your partners submit to the whims of the Queen Sparkle.

Obviously I wish to see all three but would be thrilled if anything gets implemented.

Thanks for the reply, by the way! It's very cool for you to care about opinions of your players.

JaegerMister

Jun 28, 2020
Well... Three things, primarily.
1) Gaining respect of the group and other people. As of right now Sparkle is almost always mistreated even by her closest allies. Even when she does a good job! It's like all of them wish to humiliate her just for the hell of it. And making it look as if that's completely normal. It's all right when you are on the free use route or something similar, but gets pretty frustrating when you try to be strong protagonist.
2) Getting faith in youself and your abilities. Pursuing something that Sparkle actually wants for herself, not just to save someone. Standing for herself. Such things. Sparkle has a real potential to be a leader or the grey eminence.
3) Be dominant in bed. Reverse-Roopah, if you will, but less rapey and more understanding and caring. Or even without care))) Make your partners submit to the whims of the Queen Sparkle.

Obviously I wish to see all three but would be thrilled if anything gets implemented.

Thanks for the reply, by the way! It's very cool for you to care about opinions of your players.
Roopah is definitely slow burn to open up, but I actually think she's heading to the loving, caring understanding partner I want her to be. She's textbook tsundere, not accepted in the world she lives in due to bigoted bastards and has serious abandonment issues. She's not used to someone genuinely wanting to be with her and that's very evident by the way her scenes play out.

While she comes across as overly pushy and kinda rapey when you first start her path, she opens up a lot as time progresses. Tying you up to hopefully keep you by her side when you're together after giving her your virginity, since you had previously disappeared after the first blowjob and she woke up alone. Admitting to liking your kisses and that you're her first kiss. Telling Kayden to lay the fuck off even after you've broken up for a short time. Slipping up and admitting that she enjoys the relationship during the reconciliation on the boat when you force her to talk about it and get the relationship back on track, apologizing for yelling at you when you ask if she's responsible for the murder. She's trying, but you disappear on her and no one knows where you go or if you're coming back and it scares the hell out of her.

She doesn't want to admit she's falling in love, she doesn't want to get close to anybody because why would she when they'll inevitably just leave her in the end? Nobody has ever really wanted her before, so why the fuck would you? How can she trust that your interest is genuine when every other sexual partner she has ever had she has had to pay for AND they charge her double what they do everyone else simply by virtue of her being an orc? So she's developed this cold, abrasive outer shell that seemingly only cares about herself and her pleasure because fuck it, if no gives a fuck about her then why should she give a fuck about anyone else? But Sparkle, through repeated shows of dedication and loyalty and genuinely wanting her, is starting to melt that glacier that took the place of her heart.

Reactions: awa2w2

daviezwei

Oct 21, 2017
Another situation I find to be odd is this: I've romanced Roopah, exclusively. I've done nothing sexual with anyone else, period. Yet, during dialogue with Roopah aboard the ship and in the tavern just before the ship, my character asks if Roopah is still mad at her for "fucking around" a day later after turning her down, both for the casual sex/semi-open relationship and for the under the table blowjob. Nothing sexual happened with anybody during the time period between turning her down for any of these events or the next conversation. Is this intentional, and something sexual happens off-screen that the VN doesn't show, is this just an oddly written dialogue string that plays regardless of if you've been faithful or is the game falsely flagging true for an event that hasn't happened and that's why the scenes play out the way they do?
JaegerMister Just popping in to say that I have this fixed for the next version! I goofed on a combination of variables which caused the wrong dialog to be displayed. These conversations are much different for people on that route. Can't believe I didn't notice this previously... I guess I'm getting all glassy-eyed after 500 playthroughs. Thanks for letting me know!

JaegerMister

Jun 28, 2020
JaegerMister Just popping in to say that I have this fixed for the next version! I goofed on a combination of variables which caused the wrong dialog to be displayed. These conversations are much different for people on that route. Can't believe I didn't notice this previously... I guess I'm getting all glassy-eyed after 500 playthroughs. Thanks for letting me know!
No problems. I love this game and I love Roopah, so if I can fix an issue when I see it I'm absolutely happy to help. Hopefully you saw my post about the broken event string with the Mushroom and Troll Semen vial as well. I'll keep playing through to see if I can find more strings like this and report them if I do.

Reactions: awa2w2

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Perhaps part of the reason I'm missing chunks of the story following the aftermath of the investigation is due to blaming Roompah and accepting in her place, aka milkslut. Panki reacts, then there is food, there is a one sentance about all hands on deck, and then it just sorta speeds over to Kayden blaming Roompah's death on Panki.

No battle happens, and in theory nobody is dead. Which means there is nobody to blame.

No amount of backsliding or loading prior seems to change this.

Nope. I'm wrong. Same outcome even if I refuse to investigate. Huh.

Last edited:

JaegerMister

Jun 28, 2020
Perhaps part of the reason I'm missing chunks of the story following the aftermath of the investigation is due to blaming Roompah and accepting in her place, aka milkslut. Panki reacts, then there is food, there is a one sentance about all hands on deck, and then it just sorta speeds over to Kayden blaming Roompah's death on Panki.

No battle happens, and in theory nobody is dead. Which means there is nobody to blame.

It's a known bug and he's working on fixing it, apparently it's caused by blaming Roopah and getting her thrown overboard (you monsters) and then loading a file in which you've done so.

• Haha
Reactions: Back

daviezwei

Oct 21, 2017

Yes, this is a weird thing going on. There are variables that are defaulted to True that are apparently not being considered correctly by the conditional code. I'm working on figuring out what's going on.

Also I saw a post from you earlier outlining what you'd like to see but it appears to be missing now? I intended to make some notes from your reply. If you have it could you send it to me in a message or something? Thanks.

GreenDark

Jul 25, 2018
In regards to Sparkle being mistreated and weak-willed.

It's fine if that's the kind of story the writer wants to tell because having a cumdump of a main character is many people's fetish. But it would be hollow if you have investment in the character. The writer here clearly has talent for character writing and so far has done an amazing job creating opportunities for character development not only for Sparkle but for the whole main cast. With how heavily underappreciated Sparkle is and how she doesn't seem to have any ideas or goals of her own, the obvious expectation would be that her development would involve growing a spine and finding a personal reason for doing what she does. Even if she were to fail at that, working towards those ideas could still make for a well-written story with a tragic conclusion.

Sparkle's arc could also be about friendship. There are a few hints of that possibility in the story already but I feel it's less interesting and so far a lot less important. Outside of the early ending with Jane.

My faith in the plot writing may be shaken (The first scene with Gab and the one with commander dingdong are still by far the two worst scenes in this story) but I trust that the characters will be treated well by Davie Zwei.

4.30 star(s) 124 Votes