Staimh

Dec 12, 2020
Well, I would like to, but... I dunno how.
When in the Reviews tab, I don't see any option to start a review or the like.
Go to the top of this page. On the right hand side is the rating (five stars with some filled in red). Click on that and it opens a box to enter a review.
You actually click on the star (1 to 5) to give your review it's initial rating (if my explanation doesn't make sense it will become clear if you give it a go).
I would suggest always writing your review in another text editor first as I find the space a bit cramped but in this case you've already written yours.
Once written you can go back and edit it at any time.

voerman

Apr 8, 2020
Funny, I came back to the game (as I've said, after a long time), exactly because I saw your signature on another thread (Lilith's Throne maybe?).
(also, if you're referring to my post about Kayden, note I didn't actually said anything positive ;) )
Probably not Lilith's Throne... I think I mostly see that referred to as an alternative in the discussion about Splendit Ostrich's Newlife?
I mostly hang around here and Wands' and Witches with some foreys into other game discussions when the opportunity for a snarky remark arises.

Back on topic, if you hang out in this discussion you will see that people mostly hate Leigh and dislike Kayden. Your view on him is probably the most positive or at the very least least negative thing said about him. At least in the past several months.
I think it is the most positive thing I have read here or on TFGamesite (before my account there got purged for inactivity because it would not let me log in using TOR browser).

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
Can the male protagonist impregnate anyone?
Male protag is misleading. You start off as a guy or girl, but both turn into a female. At one point, you can select to be a female with a dick or be a femboy though, so you'd technically still have a penis again. That would lead to the possibility of impregnating someone, but there's not content for it yet. You can, however, get pregnant if you choose to remain a female. That can occur regardless of if you start off as the m or f character.

Reactions: yumyymm

Hardor

May 29, 2020
Ok, that corrupting your saves or adding a perma-flag was a real low-blow. I would really have wanted to see all the options, does the game always allow guessing right the another tester in the group or was it (Lel) just a lucky guess. After pressing Lel it just returned to me that Lel had called Kay by another name, hinting he wasn't from around or had another real name.

Nobody really really really shouldn't mess with my saves. That is not fun at all.

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Go to the top of this page. On the right hand side is the rating (five stars with some filled in red). Click on that and it opens a box to enter a review.
Aah, there it is.
I recall doing that long ago, but absolutely forgot about it. I was looking straight into the reviews tab.
Many thanks!

... in the discussion about Splendit Ostrich's Newlife?
... Wands' and Witches with some foreys into other game discussions when the opportunity for a snarky remark arises.
Hum, no and no, I don't even know those games. Must have been some snarky remark ocassion lol!

Back on topic, if you hang out in this discussion you will see that people mostly hate Leigh and dislike Kayden. Your view on him is probably the most positive or at the very least least negative thing said about him. At least in the past several months.
I know, I tend to read a couple pages when posting on a thread.
I specifically avoided saying anything "good" because personally I don't dislike him.
Being objective, he's not a bad guy at all, just a control freak (I could go on -with another walltext- considering the general public/players the game attracts -I'm not trying to be offensive-, but that would be too much psychological shit lol).

That being said, most characters are manipulative or try to get "ahold" of Sparkle, some way or another.
Exception might be Wejit, but he could be seen as possesive, and more than once he's referred as "charming fella" (see him in the dungeons, or the ship)

Ok, that corrupting your saves or adding a perma-flag was a real low-blow. I would really have wanted to see all the options, does the game always allow guessing right the another tester in the group or was it (Lel) just a lucky guess. After pressing Lel it just returned to me that Lel had called Kay by another name, hinting he wasn't from around or had another real name.

Nobody really really really shouldn't mess with my saves. That is not fun at all.
That's not a corrupted save or bug.
It's absolutely on purpose, to avoid players savescumming, and pure evil genius.
You need to run a new game (which is why it is implemented).
In any case, you're not missing much if you make a different guess. Something along "nope, sorry" and that's all.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

RhapsodicHotShot

Oct 25, 2019
That's not a corrupted save or bug.
It's absolutely on purpose, to avoid players savescumming, and pure evil genius.
You need to run a new game (which is why it is implemented).
In any case, you're not missing much if you make a different guess. Something along "nope, sorry" and that's all.
I went back and replayed the part after the investigation, where you can get drowned, and I cant find anyone else other than the pizza delivery girl, that could be Lel. Idk why she would be though.

Another thing I noticed is that the character is tanned but because of the lighting in some pictures she looks like she is much darker.

Blaisdale

Oct 8, 2018
I went back and replayed the part after the investigation, where you can get drowned, and I cant find anyone else other than the pizza delivery girl, that could be Lel. Idk why she would be though.

Another thing I noticed is that the character is tanned but because of the lighting in some pictures she looks like she is much darker.

I might be wrong on this but isnt it stated that beta testers cannot log out?
I possibly may have it mixed up, god knows these things all come across the same.
But I thought it was flat out stated they couldnt leave. Thats why in the other realm she says there is no more pizza.
Or whatever food it was as a hint to the M.C. That they can no longer go back to their life.

That would probably also explain why no one in the group has said lel also vanishes for no reason like you.
May also explain why after that point M.C. hasnt logged out.
More and more keeps going on and yet the M.C. isnt logging out or removing the headset.

The M.C. must be in royal need of a shower and food at this point.
lol

voerman

Apr 8, 2020
That being said, most characters are manipulative or try to get "ahold" of Sparkle, some way or another.
Exception might be Wejit, but he could be seen as possesive, and more than once he's referred as "charming fella" (see him in the dungeons, or the ship)
I think the difference between Kayden and the others is that Kayden is manipulative with everyone. And in an abusive partner kind of way. He tries to break everyone, belittle them, blame them, so they are a broken mess apologising to him.
Everyone else mostly treats Sparkle different degrees of badly, but to a degree you can justiy it with Sparkle being strange, phasing out etc. With Kayden you know that if he didn't find one justification to be an arsehole, he'd find another.

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, spoiler ahead (or at least, what I think it's spoilers, and might be completely wrong):

I think the difference between Kayden and the others is that Kayden is manipulative with everyone. And in an abusive partner kind of way. He tries to break everyone, belittle them, blame them, so they are a broken mess apologising to him.
Everyone else mostly treats Sparkle different degrees of badly, but to a degree you can justiy it with Sparkle being strange, phasing out etc. With Kayden you know that if he didn't find one justification to be an arsehole, he'd find another.
Not really.

Actually, Kay is a control freak, but he isn't outright abusive. He's a manipulative s.o.b, so finds a way to have control with actually very good arguments (which of course, noone with common sense would accept). But in the end, he never forces anything on anyone, he plays by the rules, and mostly is because of the group's "benefit".
the problem is, he does whatever it takes to keep the group togheter, without acknowledging that the group might shouldn't be togheter, or that they might be better separated, and that's his egoistic aspect.
Basically, because like most manipulators, in his core, he wants acceptance and not be alone. This shows up several times, and that's why Dave is SO good at making dialogs and characters.

On the other hand... Panki is ABSOLUTELY detached of you if you're free use. She actually tells you that, you're "just an accesory". Kayden tells you exactly that at the beginning, that everyone wouldn't care about Lel, just like they don't care about you now.
So, in the end, is Kayden doing something good? Not really, but he has a reason to be nasty: indeed, had not be that nasty with Lel, she would be nothing else than an accesory.
Twisted, but he makes it work... and he's not happy about it.

Lel herself is not really caring, she takes control quickly, and pushes you because you're free use.
Roopah is straight abusive, and again, Kayden is the one that tells you about.
Harmony is kinda vague, but she shows some sort of controlling attitudes too (taking advantage of Sparkle's weakened will with the spell).
Leigh is simply an asshole.
Champ and Twig would get your ass (literally) at the slightlest chance without much asking.

So, what's the difference?
Kayden always gives you options.
He doesn't pushes Sparkle ever, and while he might convince you or not, it's always an option.
Even when you're free use, he's the only one that actually congratulates you, the only one that scolds you but gives you second chances, and several times he gives you the option to quit or change this or that.
And it's the only one showing some kind of remorse if you have some setback of any sort.

Last edited:

RhapsodicHotShot

Oct 25, 2019
Ok, spoiler ahead (or at least, what I think it's spoilers, and might be completely wrong):

Are you for fucking real?!? I always buy pizza, so I hadnt interacted with the two food servers expect from a very early version of the game.

Damn, Davie is a genius. I love this game.

Last edited:

voerman

Apr 8, 2020
Not really.

Actually, Kay is a control freak, but he isn't outright abusive. He's a manipulative s.o.b, so finds a way to have control with actually very good arguments (which of course, noone with common sense would accept). But in the end, he never forces anything on anyone, he plays by the rules, and mostly is because of the group's "benefit".
the problem is, he does whatever it takes to keep the group togheter, without acknowledging that the group might shouldn't be togheter, or that they might be better separated, and that's his egoistic aspect.
Basically, because like most manipulators, in his core, he wants acceptance and not be alone. This shows up several times, and that's why Dave is SO good at making dialogs and characters.
We are arguing from different definitions of an abusive relationship.
That's exactly what makes him the picture book example of an abusive relationship. He makes everyone else believe that they are at fault and they have to surrender control to him.
The control is the abuse.

Whether like Roopah or Panki, a romance path opens up with him that will allow Sparkle to mend him, that remains to be seen.

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Are you for fucking real?!? I always buy pizza, so I hadnt interacted with the two food servers expect from a very early version of the game.

Damn, Davie is a genius. I love this game.
I'm actually very tempted to open the files and take a look at what's hidden there, or use the Unren decompilator, but I love this game precisely because all the optional things, and don't want to spoil anything.

We are arguing from different definitions of an abusive relationship.
That's exactly what makes him the picture book example of an abusive relationship. He makes everyone else believe that they are at fault and they have to surrender control to him.
The control is the abuse.

Whether like Roopah or Panki, a romance path opens up with him that will allow Sparkle to mend him, that remains to be seen.
But Kayden never shames anyone.
Just as when he's nasty with Lel or Sparkle, he also says "thanks" or "well done".
Basically, he never coherces anyone... he convinces, which is much more different.
The usual narcissist will shame you and make you believe you're at fault to get his way. Kayden doesn't does that.
He gives you the options, and "warns" you everytime, and even give you the options to backup if you want.

His main "flaw" is that he wants to keep the party togheter at all costs, and he has decided he's the best option. Not because he's a narcissist, but because he willing to do what others don't. In a sense, it has logic, albeit it look cold and detached (which is not. He needs the party.)

To put an example, he's almost exactly like the sheriff guy of Walking Dead (yeah, I'm terrible with names).
He doesn't cares about the others hate him because his actions, as long the group survives.

Reactions: Dingo139

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Hey you awesome people! Touching base here with a quick question: how far past the boat is the game now?

BeccaBoo

Apr 21, 2018
Healslut 0.5H Release

To prevent a wall-o-text here, a general update about me, progress going forward, and the state of the game will be in a post following this one.

This update finally has Sparkle and crew off the boat and back onto dry land. It's a new world on this side of the sea and it'll be interesting to see how the group handles it! There's only one (brief) erotic encounter in this update but the next release will be pretty much entirely focused on sexytimes!
Healslut 0.5H Changelog:
  • Additional backgrounds added for variety
  • Fixed wardrobe bug not allowing selection of previous outfit for Act 16
  • Can how join Lel in the ship galley for her route (and/or Roar) after the "backup" or milking incidents
  • New outfits for everyone!
  • Get a language lesson from Lel (everybody loves language lessons)
  • Finally get off the damn ship - welcome to Port Town!
  • Meet some constables (and maybe get your face sat on if you have Assured Absolution) and then meet the mayor
  • Decide how to deal with unpaid docking fees
  • The return of... someone! Along with new revelations and mysteries
  • Meet three new weirdos

4.30 star(s) 124 Votes