VN Ren'Py Abandoned Heart Gears [v0.58 Public] [Exalor]

3.50 star(s) 10 Votes

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Need to change the color combination to the choices in the game. The white font with the light grey bar makes reading the choices almost impossible. Until I hover my mouse on them I can't see what they say.
View attachment 789136
Does anyone know what file to edit to change these colors? I tried script.rpa, but it didn't work.

Reactions: exalorll

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Alright I figured out the colors but for the MC's Name I had to use a different file that I always use to remove text boxes. All I could do for MC name was add a white outline. Couldn't find where to change it from black.
add and replace as needed into the "game" folder.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you don't like the white outline for MC name and the "My Thoughts" Open up y_outline.rpy in a text editor like Notepad++ and change the #ffffff on line 103 to whatever you want. Here's a on google that will give you the hex code for whatever color you choose in the interface.

Last edited:

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Walkthrough Mod page link added to OP. Please report any issues on my page.

Last edited:

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
options and screens are the places where you can set. and config.
Just noticed your reply. Strange that I didn't get a notification. Anyhow Thx I'll look into doing it that way for the next update if noone else takes over haha. Although right now, I'm kinda feeling like I wanna keep up with it myself :p

Last edited:

nielsen145

Donor
Oct 29, 2019
well the story is well written, but a tad on the boring side for my taste.
i wish you all the luck with the project

Taureum

Jul 1, 2018
I've seen that red head before... almost as if it ere a dream... or maybe a flashback of some sort. lol. I'll give it a shot for her and the blue haired one.

Also, horologist might be a good word for you to look into, it's the fancy word for clockmaker.
Remembers you probably on "My New Family" to be exact Sandra which has a similar Statur and is a cute Red head.
That or "Lucky Paradox"

exalorll

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2018
Jesus, that motherfucker gets Isekai'd a whole lot!
The overview may be a little overblown. But you are right, being the only "doctor" in town who can treat a specific disease that coincidentally only women have is not the best starting plot, but don't worry, it will probably be more Isekai in the future.

Good luck with your project!
The game looks good. Best of luck with it.
not bad at all ... nice renders ... at least i like them anyways ... story so far reminds me of an old twilight show i watched years and years ago ... can wait to see where you go with this game (y)(y)(y)
Thanks

I've seen that red head before... almost as if it ere a dream... or maybe a flashback of some sort. lol. I'll give it a shot for her and the blue haired one.

Also, horologist might be a good word for you to look into, it's the fancy word for clockmaker.
Girls are rescued from Ecchi sensei but too bad the father had to die again lol
You must be talking about the girl in image 4. I really like the design of the young waifu, especially the hair. Maybe that's why she looked so similar?

As long as it's an actual goddamn rendered penis, and not default HS crotch cylinder.
It is currently the cylinder, but consider the mistake fixed in the next version.

exalorll

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2018
Needs some sort of page where people can support the game.
The person who posted here did it before I add the patreon's link to Itch. If you access the page on Itch now, the link will be there.

Android version?
Soon
Need to change the color combination to the choices in the game. The white font with the light grey bar makes reading the choices almost impossible. Until I hover my mouse on them I can't see what they say.
Thanks for the comment. Consider corrected in the next version.

First time I see a chick with one pupil missing lol, not sure if intentional or bad render but I dig it
Intentional, and thanks.

Seems decent, definitely shows promise with an interesting start but the english either seems way too formal or in some instances is hard to understand due to bad grammar luckily the girls are good so far aside from the possible bad rendering in the car scene.
English is not my country's oficial language. Since I never spoke to anyone in English, my writing really must seem more formal or just bad. This I cannot promise to correct, at least not in a short term. And thanks for playing.

Reactions: Edward8

exalorll

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2018
Cute game, but needs some proof reading. Some parts of game the dialogue wasn't matching with the characters.
i still enjoyed it though, and dev should provide a site so people can support you and such. good luck!
When I finished programming and played the whole game, I also realized that. I managed to fix some cases, but not others, and there are also cases where I did not identify the error due to lack of attention. And thanks for playing.
Does anyone know what file to edit to change these colors? I tried script.rpa, but it didn't work.
gui.rpy
This line to be more specific:
define gui.choice_button_text_idle_color
To correct it, I just changed the color to a darker one.

exalorll

Game Developer
Dec 2, 2018
Decided to make a quick walkthrough mod until someone else decides to. You'll need to start a new game otherwise you'll get errors. You may need to start the game twice to initialize the changes. For now I'll try to keep up with updates until someone else picks it up as I don't know how to get it to work without having to start a new game. I'll also make some grammar corrections, but i didn't bother this time.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I didn't think about doing a walkthrough version, but I will do that from the next version.
And about grammatical corrections, I can only thank you.

well the story is well written, but a tad on the boring side for my taste.
i wish you all the luck with the project
First of all, thanks for playing.
About the story being boring ... Can you explain it better? Say what you found boring and what you think might be different?
I get a little neurotic if you just say the game is boring. The best way for me to improve is the players giving their opinion.

TrialRagnarok

Scrambled Bussy Appreciator
Donor
Jan 22, 2018
The overview may be a little overblown. But you are right, being the only "doctor" in town who can treat a specific disease that coincidentally only women have is not the best starting plot, but don't worry, it will probably be more Isekai in the future.
I wasn't really talking about the plot but about the male 3D model haha I've seen that dude all over the place recently and thought it was funny. Nothing on you or anybody using him as the default male character, I only find it hilarious he's everywhere. In short, he's pretty much the Johnny Sins of Ren'py VNs, that's all haha

3.50 star(s) 10 Votes