4.30 star(s) 238 Votes

goodbye890

Nov 26, 2020
Lose the attitude. I was just asking how he came up with the number. Thanks for letting me know. $1500 looks like it's probably a close estimate. I'm sure he'll be buying yachts in no time.

Fortunately there are other things to do and other VNs worth playing and I don't pay Xenorav jack shit. So I aint losing any sleep over the delay.
lol calm thy tits :BootyTime:

goodbye890

Nov 26, 2020
Cash, of course, is critically important. It buys equipment and supplies. It can even hire help, but 1500 a month less Patreon's commissions is not enough for that. One thing money can't do is shorten the amount of time it takes to do things. That isn't rocket science either.
yeah i never said it was nor wasnt, i dont even know why you said everything you just said, i never said anything about anything you just replied to me with, jericho simply asked where the number came from and i helped them, stop trying to do a gatcha dumbass

Last edited:

bigbobby0940

Jul 21, 2020
This is literally the only game I haven' lost hope for.

1. God tier milf (thiccccccc)
2. Great balance of buildup/scenes

All fucked up with yet another abhorrent developer

Valmanway

Oct 17, 2017
Cash, of course, is critically important. It buys equipment and supplies. It can even hire help, but 1500 a month less Patreon's commissions is not enough for that.
You speak like he's developing some sort of new tech that requires expensive resources to keep the project going.
I'm no Ren'Py dev but I don't think you need to spend over 1500 dollars a month to keep development for such game, maybe if you hire too many people to work on it and if you did, why would it take 4 months to write around 1000 lines of code and render ~300 images?
One thing money can't do is shorten the amount of time it takes to do things. That isn't rocket science either.
In this case it technically could, if the team saw it as a motivating factor to keep working and deliver their product.
No hate towards Xenorav but his main issue is the lack of communication. I understand he felt burned out and needed some time off to recover, but would it hurt to be upfront about it instead of going dark for a month, especially when he was already receiving complaints for the time he takes to update the game?
Again, take this as a shitty attempt at constructive criticism.
I wish Xenorav the best and hope he will finish the game, which is one of my favorites.

Reactions: isotope and Mythrs

kadgilek

Aug 25, 2021
the delay is not good for the dev's business , many patrons are ready to quite . i think from now the best solution is to make medium size update each 2 months . for actual update maybe he can upload it RAW with spanish dialogues and test version and after he can realise the full version when he finishs it . XENORAV is TOGASHI of renpy lol

Jun 30, 2017
he extended the update because people complain being blue-balled, and now due to that it take longer to release the update (plus he got sicked) people complaining again

To be fair here, i have experience when it come to dev that milking their patreon, so no, Xenorav do not give the vibe

Reactions: kadgilek

DizzyGame

Jul 7, 2020
He earns more than 1500$ per month from their patrons who pay him to deliver yet you still speak like he releases updates for charity reasons lmao.
Who is forcing those people to pay? Pay for one month when the release gets delivered then unsubscribe and wait for the next release. Instead you all belittle the dev in comments which discourages and demotivates them.

PuroBogotà

Jul 8, 2020
I don't know where Xenorav is holed up but I'm pretty sure Xen doesn't live in America. Each dollar might have less value depending on where you are in the world. For all we know, half of that might go to food expenses. Either way, he's certainly doesn't make enough off this to quit his day job.
If I'm not mistaken Xenorav is spanish. 1500 $ per month seems actually pretty reasonable for Spain. Nothing extraordinary but definitely good enough to quit your day job. (If there are spanish people in the thread feel free to correct me).

Reactions: Ara-sH

zoku

Aug 24, 2017
He earns more than 1500$ per month from their patrons who pay him to deliver yet you still speak like he releases updates for charity reasons lmao.
Yeah but if someone doesn't like his way of work they can simply unsubscribe from donations.
And I'm sure lot who spit hate don't pay a cent.

4.30 star(s) 238 Votes