4.40 star(s) 237 Votes

goodbye890

Nov 26, 2020
Because they need you to suscribe for months and months for every update. Look at the speed of rendering, 50 images in more than 2 weeks... And he started to ban every person who complains
lol thats a stupid retort, dont you think it would just be the smarter thing to finish the update and just hold onto it then release it when they want to rather than purposefully spreading their unnecessary labor over months because in your words "they need you to suscribe for months and months for every update"

Kurogami32

Feb 25, 2022
#Report

• Code ≈ 95%?
  • Renders ≈ 70%?? [400 images] + [20 animations]

lol i dont get why hes still doing the coding, why doesn't he just learn to use gpt to write the code for the game and save weeks
honestly im surprised a lot of game devs on this site haven't considered using ai to code the games for them, not for the art though because i think it would look kinda sloppy and very boring if the ai did the art, mostly because i would guess that the upcoming updates game devs work on you can always see a slight change in their art/renders because they're constantly becoming more experienced , but i see no reason why you shouldn't use it for writing the code, or maybe game devs are just about to start using it in a couple of weeks idk
are u sure u know how renpy works? coding isn't always about writing a code for clicking text, coding also means to input the text, input the pictures, renpy is using python, and python is one of the easiest programming language. u won't need ai to do that. and its useless to use ai for renpy because i know 95% means its a progress that he is adding the dialogue into the game. not adding some combat movement code, vfx code, or anything like that. so u won't need ai. its just adding the dialogue.

Reactions: drawntogetha

Kurogami32

Feb 25, 2022
#Report

• Code ≈ 95%?
  • Renders ≈ 70%?? [400 images] + [20 animations]

lol i dont get why hes still doing the coding, why doesn't he just learn to use gpt to write the code for the game and save weeks
honestly im surprised a lot of game devs on this site haven't considered using ai to code the games for them, not for the art though because i think it would look kinda sloppy and very boring if the ai did the art, mostly because i would guess that the upcoming updates game devs work on you can always see a slight change in their art/renders because they're constantly becoming more experienced , but i see no reason why you shouldn't use it for writing the code, or maybe game devs are just about to start using it in a couple of weeks idk
most of renpy games takes thousands line text for each updates. in the last update it takes 6000 lines of codes, it means u need to add 6000 line of dialogue and u can't do that in chatgpt (for right now), that's why it takes so long to update and writing codes.

ztg1234

May 19, 2018
most of renpy games takes thousands line text for each updates. in the last update it takes 6000 lines of codes, it means u need to add 6000 line of dialogue and u can't do that in chatgpt (for right now), that's why it takes so long to update and writing codes.

what's going on with people replying the same thing in all threads ? :KEK:
they all read the same shit and now think that dev time can be reduced by using AI to code (while the most consuming task is posing and rendering)

goodbye890

Nov 26, 2020
what's going on with people replying the same thing in all threads ? :KEK:
they all read the same shit and now think that dev time can be reduced by using AI to code (while the most consuming task is posing and rendering)
well yeah i get that, thats why i was also referring to game devs in a proverbial sense not just xenorav because of the variation and im not saying that ai would reduce the workload by months but it would definitely help

Reactions: kadgilek

Freesia11

May 1, 2020
The code is by far the easiest part of this game. The game's script looks like this:
12333.png
Most lines are essentially just a couple of words or symbols. It's formatted like "dialogue - add render - dialogue - dialogue - add render - animation - add sound - dialogue - add render" and so on.

It can get more complicated if there are minigames included, but this game has none. It should really only take a few hours at most to write the entire code for one of these updates.

4.40 star(s) 237 Votes