4.30 star(s) 254 Votes

zoku

Aug 24, 2017
Person_With_Pencil
Interesting idea! If you do a remake, please make Stephanie LESS whiny and more sweet. Everyone seems to hate her, I think because of the whining. The whole 'forcing herself on the MC' is a bit much. If the character was a bit more playful, it would probably change people's mind about Stephanie.
Also, maybe you can fix the many errors where someone says 'we are brothers' or 'we are sisters', even though the two people in the scene are a boy and a girl.
Finally, Davie in many scenes is referred to as 'the Father Davie', like he is some sort of religious guy. That is also a bit weird.
All the whining he gets from people he throw it back at them with stephanie (in a good way) that's what we call positive thinking. :WeSmart:

I think he should just have given choices with two paths, one of which she's jealous and whines and blackmails, the other where you give her what she wants and she's more nice.

At first he went with the idea of paths, but two paths per character means lot of work then less updates.

I like how things are, not to forget that stephenie is supposed to represent a teenager with all the crappy mindset included.
But people tend to be submissive so they choose kylee over steph.

Oct 2, 2023
All the whining he gets from people he throw it back at them with stephanie (in a good way) that's what we call positive thinking. :WeSmart:

I think he should just have given choices with two paths, one of which she's jealous and whines and blackmails, the other where you give her what she wants and she's more nice.

At first he went with the idea of paths, but two paths per character means lot of work then less updates.

I like how things are, not to forget that stephenie is supposed to represent a teenager with all the crappy mindset included.
But people tend to be submissive so they choose kylee over steph.
I agree that Stephanie would have benefitted from 2 paths for sure, but like you said its a lot of work, its essentially a dialogue route that runs all the way through the game from start to finish.. x2 lol. So what i'm attempting to do is just draw upon what's already there with Stephanie and just enhance it somewhat, there is a lot of interactions in the original version of this game that are just one word responses, or very short, abrupt sentences that completely lack any emotional content.

It's very jarring to any native English speaker who reads it.

I've nearly finished with Chapter 1 dialogue, I'm not sure where to post the script file to get the most eyes on it but... I'll post here letting anybody who cares know its available as soon as I'm done with it.

Reactions: zoku
Oct 2, 2023
Ok! I've finally finished and played through my re-write of Chapter 1, hopefully the rar file is attached to this post for anybody to try if they feel like it! just unpack it to the root directory of the game (Heart Problems ofc) and hey presto!

This re-write essentially just fleshes out the dialogue more, hopefully giving a more entertaining and richer experience to the reader.

I added my own spin on each character "archetype" and tried to make them more enjoyable overall, the events of the game don't deviate very much from the original, but you'll find the dialogue has a lot more bones to it and I think you might find it refreshing if only because of the contrast between the original script.

Let me know what you guys think! Any feedback is much appreciated!

P.S This is just the re-write for Chapter 1, I may work on Chapter 2 if there's any interest to see it developed.
P.P.S You may want to backup your original script.rpy file in the "game" folder in Heart Problems installation directory, just in case!

**UPDATE**: As requested, I have further touched up Chapter 1's dialogue to (hopefully) make it more viable to modify Amelie's relationship to that of Mother / Son (as well as Davie being Dad/Father etc) and it not clashing in any meaningful way.

When I work on future Chapter dialogue rewrites I will continue this trend going forward, to make everybody's favourite "Not Mom".. more easily addressable as.. "Mom".

I realise there may be inconsistencies created by my alterations to Chapter 1 in relation to the later ones, but rest assured! I'm confident I can re-align the following Chapters to make all of it.. make sense? =)

Feel free to check out this Ch1 rewrite here Chapter 1 Re-Write and drop any feedback!

Last edited:

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Update...

Hi guys, I took these four days off, but I'm back to working on the final version of Chapter 8 (fixing errors). I'm also working on some new sounds for the animations. I just bought some really good SFX packs that I think you'll like too.

I want to talk about the length of the next chapter. As a creator, it's not convenient for me to make long chapters that take a lot of time to release so the next chapter will only have about 400 renders at most (less than half of the recent one).
Considering that the previous chapter, excluding the 3 months I was inactive, took me about six months, I believe a chapter with 400 renders shouldn't take me more than three months. But you know, this isn't like baking a cake, and there are no strict rules to follow. It could take me a bit more or a bit less.

Next Monday, I'll already be working on Chapter 9.

That's about it! Thanks for continuing to support me, and I'll be reading your comments in case you have any questions or advice to give.

pedrohefe

Dec 28, 2022
Update...

Hi guys, I took these four days off, but I'm back to working on the final version of Chapter 8 (fixing errors). I'm also working on some new sounds for the animations. I just bought some really good SFX packs that I think you'll like too.

I want to talk about the length of the next chapter. As a creator, it's not convenient for me to make long chapters that take a lot of time to release so the next chapter will only have about 400 renders at most (less than half of the recent one).
Considering that the previous chapter, excluding the 3 months I was inactive, took me about six months, I believe a chapter with 400 renders shouldn't take me more than three months. But you know, this isn't like baking a cake, and there are no strict rules to follow. It could take me a bit more or a bit less.

That's about it! Thanks for continuing to support me, and I'll be reading your comments in case you have any questions or advice to give.
Well, no sex in the next update then I suppose :( but im sure there will be more tasty blowjob scenes

PecintaMILF/NTR27

Oct 3, 2020
Update...

What images that he post?

MrBaitor

Nov 4, 2018
I 've been following this game since it's first release and seeing chapter 8 even if it's the test version makes me wanna say this: AWESOME! just fucking AWSESOME!!! The slow burn, the eroticism, the "walls" that slowly are crumbling, the boundaries that keep changing day by day (event by event) just pure awesomeness...
Well done Mr Xenorav! Outstanding work!

Reactions: pedrohefe and kdy18
4.30 star(s) 254 Votes