jimmych0nga

May 7, 2020
¹how
²none to be found
³where
⁴doesn't exist
¹ Hold windows key, hit R, type eventvwr and hit enter. or use the windows search option. looking for stuff in the Windows Logs> Application section, hit ctrl+f, type heat, start searchin for crash logs. Or generate new ones by crashing the game and refresh the Event Viewer in the action menu. Careful what you post up though, I dunno what personal information might be hidden in there. I don't have any knowledge of what such a log for heat will be like too, can't find mine if it exists.
² Thanks cumatractor.
³ Windows key + R: type regedit and hit enter. location is Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Heat\Heat
rename that folder to make a new config file. (messing with registry can be dangerous tho so be careful, and make a backup if you aren't clear about what to change.)
⁴ Thanks cumatractor.
When you make any changes, power your computer down completely and then back on, might not make a difference but it HAS in my time working with IT :HideThePain:. I'm worrying that this is something like drivers and such, but that's hell and a half to diagnose at times... if all else fails remove the C drive and put in a new one to install a dummy version of windows, so fresh so clean, and see if that fixes it. if it does, may god have mercy on your soul trying to figure out what the issue is with your actual system >:V

Or.. be a patron and get TLCed by Edef and crew :V

turn off the open vr service/oculusvr service or whatever View attachment 2499057
Thanks a bunch, I'll make sure to keep track of that in the future, and I'll see if there's a .bat file floating around that allows you to toggle this from a shortcut :unsure:

Reactions: kronoblast

jimmych0nga

May 7, 2020
I really wish someone could get the dev a stroker toy so they could get integration set for those and not just vibrating toys.
He seems pretty bisexual /gay so expect lots of buttplug integration lel. I mean lovesense is the API they implemented for toys, and TECHNICALLY there's the lovesense max2 you can use, but that's just a vibrator/succ thing you still gotta pump and such. and Im still not sure how much actual control you get over what it does from the game, I dunno HOW the API is implemented unfort. someone should review it with the max2 lel.

catcafe

Jul 7, 2022
looking for stuff in the Windows Logs> Application section, hit ctrl+f, type heat, start searchin for crash logs. Or generate new ones by crashing the game and refresh the Event Viewer in the action menu.
there's a bunch of them and they that all look like this
1679975963289.png

Windows key + R: type regedit and hit enter. location is Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Heat\Heat
rename that folder to make a new config file.
no result

When you make any changes, power your computer down completely and then back on
take a guess

Or.. be a patron and get TLCed by Edef and crew :V
i'd be more than glad to open my (non-existent) wallet and throw money at them to show support, but the whole reason im here is cuz i can't afford it

sharkslut

Oct 13, 2022
The game has a complicated system to authenticate the user.
most important thing is Your "key" its 3 serial numbers:
Motherboard SerialNumber
Bios SerialNumber
OperatingSystem SerialNumber
(Powershell script)
View attachment 2495659
We put these 3 together, generate a sha1 hash. make it 32 characters. Thats your key, or Computer ID
ex:
z73qgzbZWRzA2gZXJb9RnxQ67ZkGDnr6

heres the code the game uses. its the same as the powershell script, just in another
coding language
View attachment 2495651
Only reason I can think of is not working is because the game does not get the same 3 required serial numbers as the powershell script does. thus not making your HWID valid. Maybe its something else. i have no idea.
Just a thought- But might the script not work if I have multiple versions of the game installed? I have an old cracked version of ~4.5 or so, idk the exact version which I kept incase the 4.8.0 version didn't work, so is the script maybe applying the crack to the registry for that version of the game, and not the 4.8.0 one?

jimmych0nga

May 7, 2020
there's a bunch of them and they that all look like this.
¹ Yeah fair enough about the wallet thing haha. One sec while I decipher these runes.. ok. can you look in your security and maintenance dashboard for any potential problems? make the game crash again, then do a windows + R command, this time perfmon /rel (or just do a search in the windows start menu). post it up after making it safe for the internet, or DM it if you're unsure. We're looking for anything that might hint at the actual problem with the program.

² This event viewer log also makes reference to a different logging feature, of which I can make some assumptions on what that actually is, but if it's the windows debug diagnostic tool, it apparently outputs a memory dump, which is gonna be.. hard to make sure there's no doxxable material. Hopefully the reliability monitor in solution 1 will show more.

³ I know how to install a couple of drivers, but the detailed info was cluttering everything up and taking a while to write so if it turns out there's nothing else, I'll explain more, but I dont know if they will even help, so just the basic explanation first. Take careful note of what version of C++ redist is installed, then uninstall DX12 and your C++ redist, turn off and on machine, then reinstall.

And if anyone else is a techie and knows more about the Windows Debug Diagnostic tool and wants to explain what he's looking for, by all means plz chime in lol.

Nov 14, 2021
might the script not work if I have multiple versions of the game installed?
if you pass authentification on say, version 4.8.0 of heat. You will pass authentification on every version before that without any crack needed. (Only once!) The script makes use of this feature to bypass every version. So to answer the question, no it should not matter.

Last edited:

catcafe

Jul 7, 2022

kronoblast

Nov 18, 2017
there's a bunch of them and they that all look like this
View attachment 2500180

no result

take a guess

i'd be more than glad to open my (non-existent) wallet and throw money at them to show support, but the whole reason im here is cuz i can't afford it
im not entirely technical here but it looks to me like the event being thrown is a security and maintenance error? its possible you might just be getting anti virus'd

BlackFurr

Sep 3, 2019
Hello all, I have a problem with the version 0.4.7.2, when I run the game I see the error "manifest action not found" and now any version of heat gives this error. I reinstalled the wind, 0.6.4 worked correctly, but I tried to run 0.4.7.2 again and got the error again. if something encountered, tell me what to do, please :cry:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: jimmych0nga

IggydB

Oct 14, 2017
He seems pretty bisexual /gay so expect lots of buttplug integration lel. I mean lovesense is the API they implemented for toys, and TECHNICALLY there's the lovesense max2 you can use, but that's just a vibrator/succ thing you still gotta pump and such. and Im still not sure how much actual control you get over what it does from the game, I dunno HOW the API is implemented unfort. someone should review it with the max2 lel.
It's pretty close at the moment, I think it just needs an option for Stroker input vs Vibration input so that it sends depth/location data with a decent filter on it. As of now, it kind of works but it bounces around a bunch instead of locating because the toys are getting sent a crapton of location points all the time.

Match a proper filter with the ability to set points/bones on the toys/models and allow them to interact better and boy we got ourselves a stew going.

Reactions: jimmych0nga

jimmych0nga

May 7, 2020
im not entirely technical here but it looks to me like the event being thrown is a security and maintenance error? its possible you might just be getting anti virus'd
Error 1002 from what I found online was just a "application crashed with no more info", but yeah, if an antivirus tool thought heat.exe was a virus due to the cracked nature of previous versions, it would snag em all potentially :unsure:. Yeah that's good stuff right there, if that's what the problem is I'm gonna laugh :LOL:.

no result
¹ Look through any anti virus tools for any blacklists, remove them, and then add an exclusion for heat.exe to see what's up. If it's not working turn off all your antivirus just to test, you don't want to keep that kinda thing off.

Hello all, I have a problem with the version 0.4.7.2, when I run the game I see the error "manifest action not found" and now any version of heat gives this error. I reinstalled the wind, 0.6.4 worked correctly, but I tried to run 0.4.7.2 again and got the error again. if something encountered, tell me what to do, please :cry:
You might have actually helped ME out, by giving me an interesting error code to search up on leddit. According to this thread, there should be a way to manually put the "action manifest" for the game in it's right place, which steamvr currently thinks it is not. This might be what my issue is with having steam accounts this game just doesn't work on. seems to have at least a work around solution. But like I've told a couple other people, try making a new steam account and running the game lol. If it works, it means it's not just me and I have some big hints as to my own issue, if it doesn't then I dunno why tafuk steamVR can be so fundamentally broken sometimes.

The issue is in finding out where said action manifest file would be for a non steam game, because the solution says to go to the common folder and click the game name, of which non steam games don't get, IIRC they get some random numbers. I had to go through that to find out where the screenshots are stored for heat when you take them through steam, which was a big hassle. It might be possible there's a method to the madness, but I haven't come across the way to decipher what game has what number.

Can you attach a picture of the error code? When does it occur, and what state is the game in when you get the code, and potentially after it?

Last edited:

jimmych0nga

May 7, 2020
oh BTW, there's a lovesnse giveaway on the heat discord, but I don't know if you have to be a patreon member to win, doesn't SAY you have to be...
lovesnsegiveaway.png

jimmych0nga

May 7, 2020
nah it just didn't work
I mean.. it might be some weird driver issue, you could try messing with your graphics card driver (uninstall, power cycle, reinstall), though it's doubtful that's the issue because you said other non steam but running in steamVR games worked right? Still, worth a shot.

It might be time to get yourself associated with the , but you might be stuck looking at that yourself, cause like I said memory dumps might have some sensitive info in them.

In any case, the last thing I can think of without like.. doing remote service which would be potentially weird would be to say to grab an 8GB blank USB and put windows installation media on it, then grab a 64 or 32GB blank USB or Hard Drive to install windows on to (with your other media unplugged to be safe) and then copy over the heat game, reinstall steam, and use a new steam account, and see if that works. That's kind of the nuclear option though cause it takes an hour or so to set everything up and your computer is down during the whole installation process, with none of your usual stuff.

garbage062

Jul 6, 2017
If you subscribe once to Patreon, would you have access to everything in the Discord after it expires or would you get locked out of topics/get kicked from the server?

Also for those who are in the Discord server, are there any interesting mods or are they all reskins/limit breakers?

4.40 star(s) 27 Votes