Mork_kai

Mar 24, 2022
Apparently there's a poll up on patreon for a new location being added to Heat
Post can be found . Hopefully someone here who's in the patreon could list the proposed locations in the poll - it would be interesting to know.

Reactions: dot7z
Apr 19, 2018
Is there a place where i can find mods (except the offical discord lol)
Um, unfortunately not that I'm aware of currently, also plus pretty sure most that currently exist are more of custom pose collections for the current characters, and maybe custom characters too. Beyond that, theres a few actual mods that i'm aware of that have been shared here but... given this game's early~ish state in development, don't expect mods for now honestly. Tho when they release the game to steam, if they do, they might add in steam workshop functionality to have stuff be more easily accessible there. But that's only a possibility. Either way, AFAIK, most stuff relating to mods for the game easily gets broken tho with each update, so while it'd be neat to have them, it's not exactly worth it when the game can easily brick mods each update, or even deprecate mods entirely.

Reactions: Phantomcraft07

BlackFurr

Sep 3, 2019
Error 1002 from what I found online was just a "application crashed with no more info", but yeah, if an antivirus tool thought heat.exe was a virus due to the cracked nature of previous versions, it would snag em all potentially :unsure:. Yeah that's good stuff right there, if that's what the problem is I'm gonna laugh :LOL:.

¹ Look through any anti virus tools for any blacklists, remove them, and then add an exclusion for heat.exe to see what's up. If it's not working turn off all your antivirus just to test, you don't want to keep that kinda thing off.

You might have actually helped ME out, by giving me an interesting error code to search up on leddit. According to this thread, there should be a way to manually put the "action manifest" for the game in it's right place, which steamvr currently thinks it is not. This might be what my issue is with having steam accounts this game just doesn't work on. seems to have at least a work around solution. But like I've told a couple other people, try making a new steam account and running the game lol. If it works, it means it's not just me and I have some big hints as to my own issue, if it doesn't then I dunno why tafuk steamVR can be so fundamentally broken sometimes.

The issue is in finding out where said action manifest file would be for a non steam game, because the solution says to go to the common folder and click the game name, of which non steam games don't get, IIRC they get some random numbers. I had to go through that to find out where the screenshots are stored for heat when you take them through steam, which was a big hassle. It might be possible there's a method to the madness, but I haven't come across the way to decipher what game has what number.

Can you attach a picture of the error code? When does it occur, and what state is the game in when you get the code, and potentially after it?

well it works now.... i didnt do anything special. I switched off antivirus, started with admin and renamed folder from "игры" to "games", probably something from this helped, anyway thankyou and i hope this message will help someone.

• Haha
Reactions: jimmych0nga

Dereth

Nov 12, 2018
So i got me a Tracker dot because the waist controller thing seemed cool, but even if i did set that tracker dot to waist in Steam VR it still binds the waist to the right or left controller.

What am i doing wrong?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: AsteroidIceSparkle

garbage062

Jul 6, 2017
So i got me a Tracker dot because the waist controller thing seemed cool, but even if i did set that tracker dot to waist in Steam VR it still binds the waist to the right or left controller.

What am i doing wrong?
Are you selecting the option to use one of the controllers as a waist tracker?

Lolwut365

Jun 5, 2020
Wait.. WHAT?! I didn't realize what this was saying, you can change their big meaty claws?! That's like.. my primary issue with the models besides the usual mesh deformation issues models have. I'm gonna boot up and try now :D
sorry should have been more specific, the player characters hands, not the characters being posed. being able to pose their hands is pretty high on my list of wanted features too, along with leapmotion support lol

• Sad
Reactions: jimmych0nga

jimmych0nga

May 7, 2020
finally got some time to work on this again so

how do i use this thing
Uuuh unfortunately google is your friend, you're essentially running the debug tool, pointing it to a specific exe (heat.exe) and then running the application, letting it crash, then stopping the debug tool, and then the fun begins of trying to diagnose the root problem through whatever tools the debugger gives you :HideThePain:
When I'm competent with it I can explain more, but unfortunately that's how things stand ATM.

Oh also, you might want to do the fresh install test I explained after that post, tldr put windows on a USB drive and boot to that without the main drive plugged in to prevent the boot table from potentially being corrupted, and then load heat from the USB install of windows. It should work OK with VR... at least in theory lol. can't say I've tried it before for that specific periphrial / use case. But if the issue is different, then that's a giant leap towards solving the actual problem! Make sure to reinstall the graphics drivers, the VR required drivers and software, and steamVR. You might want like a 128GB USB or something, or just grab an external drive for like 30 bucks.
Your only other option is to do some dangerous meddling with your primary partition, which I wouldn't do myself without a proper, full backup, to another drive anywho.

well it works now.... i didnt do anything special. I switched off antivirus, started with admin and renamed folder from "игры" to "games", probably something from this helped, anyway thankyou and i hope this message will help someone.
This game works in mysterious ways :HideThePain:
maybe it was just something steam worked out on it's own, that's actually one of the solutions given online, to just.. wait.. after verifying files and such. :HideThePain:

• Thinking Face

BlackFurr

Sep 3, 2019
Uuuh unfortunately google is your friend, you're essentially running the debug tool, pointing it to a specific exe (heat.exe) and then running the application, letting it crash, then stopping the debug tool, and then the fun begins of trying to diagnose the root problem through whatever tools the debugger gives you :HideThePain:
When I'm competent with it I can explain more, but unfortunately that's how things stand ATM.

Oh also, you might want to do the fresh install test I explained after that post, tldr put windows on a USB drive and boot to that without the main drive plugged in to prevent the boot table from potentially being corrupted, and then load heat from the USB install of windows. It should work OK with VR... at least in theory lol. can't say I've tried it before for that specific periphrial / use case. But if the issue is different, then that's a giant leap towards solving the actual problem! Make sure to reinstall the graphics drivers, the VR required drivers and software, and steamVR. You might want like a 128GB USB or something, or just grab an external drive for like 30 bucks.
Your only other option is to do some dangerous meddling with your primary partition, which I wouldn't do myself without a proper, full backup, to another drive anywho.

This game works in mysterious ways :HideThePain:
maybe it was just something steam worked out on it's own, that's actually one of the solutions given online, to just.. wait.. after verifying files and such. :HideThePain:
i think that its necessary not to use any non-english language in folders names or even only numbers. my friend who works with C++ programming told me that in his wirk such metod works often.

4.40 star(s) 27 Votes