Dereth

Nov 12, 2018
Are you selecting the option to use one of the controllers as a waist tracker?
Yes of course. Otherwise it would change my right or left controller to the waist. I did exactly what the questionmark told me to. Set the Tracker dot to waist in SteamVR and then enabled use controller as waist in Heat. But it always turns the right controller (since i am a lefty) into the waist. Even trying it with the right hand turns my left hand into the waist.

I connected the dongle as well now and tried it, since the tracker dot works without it too. But no it still doesn't change the waist to the tracker.

Edit:
I reinstalled the game and it seems like that was the solution. The tracker now finally works and picks up my hip.
Now i do have to ask. Was setting up characters into position always such a hassle in VR? I can't remember that it was. The new Synth lady glitches around like crazy if i try to grab her back to position her better.

Last edited:

jimmych0nga

May 7, 2020
Yes of course. Otherwise it would change my right or left controller to the waist. I did exactly what the questionmark told me to. Set the Tracker dot to waist in SteamVR and then enabled use controller as waist in Heat. But it always turns the right controller (since i am a lefty) into the waist. Even trying it with the right hand turns my left hand into the waist.

I connected the dongle as well now and tried it, since the tracker dot works without it too. But no it still doesn't change the waist to the tracker.

Edit:
I reinstalled the game and it seems like that was the solution. The tracker now finally works and picks up my hip.
Now i do have to ask. Was setting up characters into position always such a hassle in VR? I can't remember that it was. The new Synth lady glitches around like crazy if i try to grab her back to position her better.
Yeah you're not sposed to use controller as waist in that setup, that turns one of your hand controllers in to a waist controller, whichever one you're not using for the menu. There's something else you gotta do, potentially from the fullbody tracking menu, or the steamVR setup for your controllers. Not familiar with it tho, only ever had my hands. Ah here, explains it. You have to manually set your body trackers in the steamVR settings. If it worked after reinstalling then you might have just set up your controllers in the right way for steam to pick it up? But nah, set controller as waist doesn't do what you thought it'd do.

As for the synth lady, yeah for some reason she just shoots forward from wherever you stopped her back, a bug. The rest of them should be aight. You just have to pull her further back than you think you'd need to, and then the position she jumps forward too should be accurate. Takes trial and error of course.

jimmych0nga

May 7, 2020
current work in progress, part of the slimeVR full body tracking setup i'm building. curious to see how it does in this and farm-D lol
If that works well I'd certainly be interested in getting a setup of my own, full body tracking for me was always out of my price range, but open source usually is much cheaper, if more labor intensive.

Reactions: Lolwut365

Lolwut365

Jun 5, 2020
If that works well I'd certainly be interested in getting a setup of my own, full body tracking for me was always out of my price range, but open source usually is much cheaper, if more labor intensive.
using the components I did iirc I'll be in the whole setup less than 150$ and loads of free enclosure designs avail, I just didn't like any of them so decided to design my own based on the l,I,me slimes layout. might upload somewhere after I get stuff more finalized, I'm no pro at fusion so it's a bit of an iterative process lol.

• Red Heart
Reactions: AsteroidIceSparkle
Oct 29, 2019
The game stopped using IL2CPP a while ago so you can access every .dll with any kind of .net decompiler. Like DnSpy
I'm more talking about getting the game running in linux - I wouldn't know what to do with any of those files, I'm not a programmer myself. I can write shell scripts but that's about it

erminua

Dec 14, 2022
I'm more talking about getting the game running in linux - I wouldn't know what to do with any of those files, I'm not a programmer myself. I can write shell scripts but that's about it
it works fine for me by launching the .exe with wine ( ) your package manage will have it. only difference is it isn't quite as smooth as running through windows.

dot7z

Feb 23, 2018
Apparently there's a poll up on patreon for a new location being added to Heat
Post can be found . Hopefully someone here who's in the patreon could list the proposed locations in the poll - it would be interesting to know.
BDSM Room - 1269
City Rooftop Swimming Pool - 757
Waterfall Lagoon - 821
Beach with Overwater Bungalow - 548
Empty Subway Train - 473
Lakeside Campsite - 497
Ţ̵̎ĥ̵͔e̷̤̅ ̸̤͆B̶͈̂a̶̦͑c̶͔͝k̸̠̀r̶̦̾o̴͍̓o̴̺͝m̷̯̌s̶͖̍ - 548
Cozy Cabin in the Woods - 1613
Spa - 458
devs say backrooms is not a real option

4.40 star(s) 27 Votes