DragonovS

Jan 16, 2019
I wish there were more games that had Synth species...
Maybe some games about synths already exist and I hope so, but Heat is the first game for me, where you can at least touch the synth, or even having sex with synth female/male.

Last edited:

big_keri

Sep 3, 2022
So i've tried Vortex and his existing makes my pc go brrr (I have like 10-15 fps, 60+ fps with anyone else)

BlackhawkNL

Jan 18, 2023
i hope you know they add one char at a time.
To add to your post, ppl here are forgetting that we all use the free "cracked" version (only exception being the ones here that also support on Patreon, but I doubt that's a lot). We have nothing to complain about. Since I've started playing from version 4.5, the updates have been amazing and add real value and quality to the game

Sep 29, 2018
That should explain your problem partly. I'm guessing Vertex's dialogue makes calls to game files, rather than being loaded into memory. Your HDD is the limiting factor, thus why you might have frequent "hiccups" and "hangs" when playing with him. Only other problem I could think would be RAM, since you don't have the same problem with other characters, and I don't presume that Vertex's optimization is that bad. If you have access to it, try running it on an SSD, and see if there's a difference.

Lolwut365

Jun 5, 2020
That should explain your problem partly. I'm guessing Vertex's dialogue makes calls to game files, rather than being loaded into memory. Your HDD is the limiting factor, thus why you might have frequent "hiccups" and "hangs" when playing with him. Only other problem I could think would be RAM, since you don't have the same problem with other characters, and I don't presume that Vertex's optimization is that bad. If you have access to it, try running it on an SSD, and see if there's a difference.
i've got a pretty OP computer (R7 5800x, 32gb ddr4-3600, rtx3080) and idk if its just my windows install being janked up (i have had crashes not related to the game recently, but not frequently) but the game seems to be a lot more crash prone with this version, not sure if its specifically because of vertex's model or dialog though. in like an hour of playing i had 3 crashes back to steamVR and 2 where steamVR crashed as well as the game.

Sep 29, 2018
i've got a pretty OP computer (R7 5800x, 32gb ddr4-3600, rtx3080) and idk if its just my windows install being janked up (i have had crashes not related to the game recently, but not frequently) but the game seems to be a lot more crash prone with this version, not sure if its specifically because of vertex's model or dialog though. in like an hour of playing i had 3 crashes back to steamVR and 2 where steamVR crashed as well as the game.
My sessions may not be as long as yours, but otherwise, I haven't had any problems with the current version, albeit I do run it in desktop display only, so I can't help you much there. Although, I did notice if you boop Vertex, his next dialogue prompt is repeated, over and over again. Still, if I were to hazard a guess, I'd suggest trying to find the main reason your system crashes more often than the norm lately. In case it bluescreens, keep the error message, and search it up later. You never know. As for SteamVR, in case it keeps a log, run it over, and try to pinpoint any odd patterns that could lead into an early termination.

Reactions: Lolwut365

JacobBig

Feb 13, 2023
To add to your post, ppl here are forgetting that we all use the free "cracked" version (only exception being the ones here that also support on Patreon, but I doubt that's a lot). We have nothing to complain about. Since I've started playing from version 4.5, the updates have been amazing and add real value and quality to the game
Even though we be piratin' and sailin' the seven seas, does not mean we're not allowed to criticize the game.
The biggest criticism personally is that new content gets added, feels very barebone and tends to get neglected until many months later.
I'd rather have something added, get very polished and then move on to more new content, but hey, that's just me i guess.

big_keri

Sep 3, 2022
Unfortunately, I'm unable to do that. I don't have SSD.
Maybe there is another solution that can be done? Also, gonna wait next patch, i will try to update after it's out

Sep 29, 2018
Unfortunately, I'm unable to do that. I don't have SSD.
Maybe there is another solution that can be done? Also, gonna wait next patch, i will try to update after it's out
If you have a flash drive, you could try that, although its data transfer rate will be quite limited if connected through USB 2.0, but even then, you should see a slight difference. Otherwise, I'm afraid I can't do much. How much RAM does your system have?

catsdino

Aug 6, 2019
very goofy to not be able to load a few audio clips into an instanced object to prevent stuttering ssd or not.

4.40 star(s) 27 Votes