Ren'Py Heather's Home and Dad's Dead [v1.5] [heathershome69]

1.50 star(s) 4 Votes

Heathershome69

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2022
But will he stay dead?
Suspance music...

The "lacking content" feeling is probably caused by the hybrid nature of the 1.0 Renpy version. This was an RPGM game originally, so, between a dialogue and an animation, there were long walks on the map to gather the needed plot coupons.
This is supposed to change in the upcoming 1.1 version, where "the point and click will be back".
I agree that the animations are quite slow and the "moonwalks" take a bit to get used to. But the atmosphere of the game is so surreal that I don't see them as a serious issue. I'm not even 100% sure that they aren't intended.
Thank you for your feedback. I will be cutting animations and adding more point-and-click content. The switch to renpy was a bit bumpy, to say the least. Heather and I had to quickly learn the basics of coding.

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
Heathershome69 :

Overview:
A visual novel based but with adult animations throughout the game
This is not a useful overview. From the title alone, we can assume that there is a character named Heather; she came home in the relatively recent past; she is, in all likelihood, a sibling of some sort to the main character; and the MC's father is dead. Heck, the only news regarding the MC's father that could possibly be a spoiler would be if he was alive, well, and still happily married to the MC's mother!

Please update the overview to actually provide some idea of the story; surely a modest elaboration on the title would do no harm....

Heathershome69

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2022
Heathershome69 :

This is not a useful overview. From the title alone, we can assume that there is a character named Heather; she came home in the relatively recent past; she is, in all likelihood, a sibling of some sort to the main character; and the MC's father is dead. Heck, the only news regarding the MC's father that could possibly be a spoiler would be if he was alive, well, and still happily married to the MC's mother!

Please update the overview to actually provide some idea of the story; surely a modest elaboration on the title would do no harm....
Thank you for the feedback. We sent the moderator the request to get the overview updated. The updated overview is as follows:

Heather is the mother and Johnny was the father. Johnny is dead. He died in a mysterious accident. Kevin the MC is the man of the house now. Heather is now a widowed mother at home with 3 biological children, Jessica, Ava, and Kevin. The purpose of this game is to provide incest adult entertainment. In addition, we are excited to introduce naughty and sexy fantasy characters with lesbian content for added fun!
Thank you,
Johnny and Heather

The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
May I suggest something with a bit more zest like:

Heather knows that her Johnny is dead. Some say he just went missing, disappeared while experimenting with a new technology, but she knows he's gone. A wife sometimes just knows.
But life has to go on: now her son Kevin is the man of the house. He'll have to replace his father and take care of her and his own sisters, Ava and Jessica. Very good care.
And repair that damn washing machine.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Heathershome69

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2022
May I suggest something with a bit more zest like:

Heather knows that her Johnny is dead. Some say he just went missing, disappeared while experimenting with a new technology, but she knows he's gone. A wife sometimes just knows.
But life has to go on: now her son Kevin is the man of the house. He'll have to replace his father and take care of her and his own sisters, Ava and Jessica. Very good care.
And repair that damn washing machine.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Love it!

Reactions: RDFozz

Heathershome69

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2022
Uploading to Mega now!
Hotfix on the ability to skip animations! Also, I added extra content at the end. I think you will all enjoy it! Happy Sunday. Love Heather and Johnny!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: "CJ"

Heathershome69

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2022
Link for mega is here!

This will have extra content at the end! Also, animations have the ability to skip with a mouse click. Some animations were removed for the sake of space! Heather and I are working very hard to have a more point-and-click world for you all to enjoy! Please be patient! We are very new at coding!
Our amazing moderator Phanex will update it soon with alternative download links!

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Version 1.1 is not, ever, the first test version of a game.
1.1 means that the game is completed, but a patch has been provided.

I think you mean (since you couldn't figure out what engine to use, and chose the easiest but worst engine) that your version is

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
Link for mega is here!
Mega

This will have extra content at the end! Also, animations have the ability to skip with a mouse click. Some animations were removed for the sake of space! Heather and I are working very hard to have a more point-and-click world for you all to enjoy! Please be patient! We are very new at coding!
Our amazing moderator Phanex will update it soon with alternative download links!
My issue is the way too long and redundant animations, especially like the graveyard. Not worth the agony. If fast forward with buttons placed to stop action, even something as simple as CONTINUE. This stops skipping. We can UnRen and add skipping.

wrs_supernova

May 22, 2020
Hey, just checked 1.1 now.
And it is such a HUGE improvement over 1.o, well done!
Animation's quality (or just speed/pace) really did improve, as well as the gameplay experience connected to that
Now I can say for sure that this interests me and that I'll keep a close look at it.

Some other considerations:
-I think I always had to click/press enter 3 times after animations to keep progressing. Is this intentional?

-Are all the sounds being controlled by the music volume slide? I got that impression and, at least in the animation I checked, it did also control the voice/sfx. I guess that's because you're using all subtracks (sfx, voice, music) in one timeline together with the animation.
That's fine. But if that's the case, I would suggest removing the other options to avoid confusion (if they really don't change anything).
It would be great to be able to control voice, sfx and music separately, but so far I don't think it's worth it if that means prejudice to your workflow (to produce and to code it).

By the way, where are you rendering your animations/characters? (if it's okay to ask)
Now that I had a better time watching them, something feels familiar (as in lightning, skin, etc.), but I just can't place it.

Good luck, cya o/

• Red Heart
Reactions: Heathershome69

Heathershome69

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2022
Hey, just checked 1.1 now.
And it is such a HUGE improvement over 1.o, well done!
Animation's quality (or just speed/pace) really did improve, as well as the gameplay experience connected to that
Now I can say for sure that this interests me and that I'll keep a close look at it.

Some other considerations:
-I think I always had to click/press enter 3 times after animations to keep progressing. Is this intentional?

-Are all the sounds being controlled by the music volume slide? I got that impression and, at least in the animation I checked, it did also control the voice/sfx. I guess that's because you're using all subtracks (sfx, voice, music) in one timeline together with the animation.
That's fine. But if that's the case, I would suggest removing the other options to avoid confusion (if they really don't change anything).
It would be great to be able to control voice, sfx and music separately, but so far I don't think it's worth it if that means prejudice to your workflow (to produce and to code it).

By the way, where are you rendering your animations/characters? (if it's okay to ask)
Now that I had a better time watching them, something feels familiar (as in lightning, skin, etc.), but I just can't place it.

Good luck, cya o/
Thank you so much for checking it out! Your considerations really helped guide this game from v1.0. I will find a way to separate the voice audio. I don't think it will take long to code. The click to progress after the animation was probably not intentional I will look into the code. I am using blender to render my animations. I started learning blender 4 months ago and fell in love with it ever since. I have a lot to learn but the capabilities seem endless. The characters are from character creator 4 with headshot. I used randomly generated AI faces for Kevin, Jessica, and Ava. Heather's face is my wife's and Johnny's is mine. Thank you again for your kind feedback.

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
Thanks for checking the game out! There will be a lot of unexpected content I promise . Heather my wife is doing the voice acting and is the CC4 face swap for the step mother Heather! Just picked up blender 4 months ago and trust me . I am not finished 1.1 v soon cumming . I promise I am going to make you laugh, cry and cum.... at the same time.
I just started to play this game and must say that I like the fact that it's like a movie. I just wish you can fast forward the movie scenes after they play. I stroll back a lot and have to watch the full movie motions again when I move forward. It gets aggravating sometimes. Also, I've never heard for using a frying pan in a game as a weapon, great idea lol.

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
You should put a tag for anal if it's in the game. I wish there was a way to skip the anal and butt licking scenes. I personally feel it nasty, disgusting and a major turn off for me. I don't see how ANYONE can like that nasty crap. It almost makes me sick and want to vomit.

Heathershome69

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2022
You should put a tag for anal if it's in the game. I wish there was a way to skip the anal and butt licking scenes. I personally feel it nasty, disgusting and a major turn off for me. I don't see how ANYONE can like that nasty crap. It almost makes me sick and want to vomit.
Sorry you didn't like it. I am considering adding an option for where his tongue goes. As for the tag I will have it added. I sent out a hotfix where you are able to skip animations. Working on coding to try and see if I can get a fast forward button added. Thanks for your feedback.

1.50 star(s) 4 Votes