Ren'Py Heather's Home and Dad's Dead [v1.5] [heathershome69]

1.50 star(s) 4 Votes

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
I enjoyed this. It has a different feel to most incest stories found on this site.

I like that the women are so forward with their sexuality. Hinting that maybe there will be none/less of the usual slow corruption for the sake of "realism" (this corruption runs along almost exactly the same lines in most VNs and gets boring.) The dialogue with Jessica about her panties was cute and a turn on at the same time. Ava talking about the vibrator was exciting. But was that fantasy where she sucks on it and touches herself? I like the surreal aspect of that scene. Unlike the usual dream sequences, I'm left unsure if it really happened or was only in the MC's head. Either way, it sounds like these women are down to fuck.

Jessica is, physically, my favorite so far.

I don't usually go for the mother character in incest stories. Most times there is a lack of attraction, though there are notable exceptions. I'm certain that knowing her face is based on your wife's is part of it because that's a big turn on (and I'll admit that when I read she was doing voices, I was disappointed not to have heard any voicing for the Heather character - hopefully that's coming.)

I'm ambivalent about Ava. My attention is more on the other two for now.

Dialogue may be a bit rough. But I read it like a wacky sitcom and it mostly works for me.

Possible bug: During Ava's bath scene, it sounded like two music tracks were playing.

Minor criticisms: There are some spelling errors. E.g., "peak" for "peek" and the use of "your" for "you're".

And:
  • The animations, while many of them are very nice (I loved the Jessica intro walk), are already about the lowest reasonable quality, but due to their number will probably inflate the game size to incredible proportions as the story grows. So many animated transitions. It may also be a problem for people wanting to replay with no way to skip them. But mostly I think you're going to run into size issues.
  • View switching with the character talking during conversations is disorienting. Playing from the perspective of the MC, it's weird to have the view keep switching to him when he's talking. I think the focus should be on the character(s) he is talking to, unless it's a completely third party external viewer perspective. That is, both him and the person(s) he is talking to in view at the same time. Also, during the conversation with the ghost she says two lines in a row and fades in and out between them.
Talking of the ghost

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Whatever is happening with that ghost has me curious.

Also, please allow changing the main character's name, preferably in a way that carries back to old saves without having to restart, if that's possible.

Hope you and Heather are having a great weekend.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Heathershome69

Heathershome69

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2022
I enjoyed this. It has a different feel to most incest stories found on this site.

I like that the women are so forward with their sexuality. Hinting that maybe there will be none/less of the usual slow corruption for the sake of "realism" (this corruption runs along almost exactly the same lines in most VNs and gets boring.) The dialogue with Jessica about her panties was cute and a turn on at the same time. Ava talking about the vibrator was exciting. But was that fantasy where she sucks on it and touches herself? I like the surreal aspect of that scene. Unlike the usual dream sequences, I'm left unsure if it really happened or was only in the MC's head. Either way, it sounds like these women are down to fuck.

Jessica is, physically, my favorite so far.

I don't usually go for the mother character in incest stories. Most times there is a lack of attraction, though there are notable exceptions. I'm certain that knowing her face is based on your wife's is part of it because that's a big turn on (and I'll admit that when I read she was doing voices, I was disappointed not to have heard any voicing for the Heather character - hopefully that's coming.)

I'm ambivalent about Ava. My attention is more on the other two for now.

Dialogue may be a bit rough. But I read it like a wacky sitcom and it mostly works for me.

Possible bug: During Ava's bath scene, it sounded like two music tracks were playing.

Minor criticisms: There are some spelling errors. E.g., "peak" for "peek" and the use of "your" for "you're".

And:
  • The animations, while many of them are very nice (I loved the Jessica intro walk), are already about the lowest reasonable quality, but due to their number will probably inflate the game size to incredible proportions as the story grows. So many animated transitions. It may also be a problem for people wanting to replay with no way to skip them. But mostly I think you're going to run into size issues.
  • View switching with the character talking during conversations is disorienting. Playing from the perspective of the MC, it's weird to have the view keep switching to him when he's talking. I think the focus should be on the character(s) he is talking to, unless it's a completely third party external viewer perspective. That is, both him and the person(s) he is talking to in view at the same time. Also, during the conversation with the ghost she says two lines in a row and fades in and out between them.
Talking of the ghost

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Whatever is happening with that ghost has me curious.

Also, please allow changing the main character's name, preferably in a way that carries back to old saves without having to restart, if that's possible.

Hope you and Heather are having a great weekend.
Thank you for your feedback! Heather and I appreciate the time you put into writing this review! V1.0 was kinda rushed from rpgm to renpy so there are a lot of hiccups in the coding(That have been resolved). Thank you again! It means a lot to us!

wrs_supernova

May 22, 2020
Hey there, just tried your game.

Some general thoughts:
-Characters seemed original enough, art was decent
-Story seems interesting, a bit crazy but makes me want to know what comes next
-Transitions between texts (fade out, I think) could be used less... I felt like it was every single time.

My first contact with your game was now on the Ren'py port, so I'm not sure if there was any more content on RPGM.
I had an overall good first impression with what your project is, and I'm definitely interested in seeing where it goes.

But I had a major problem with how long and slow the animations were...
I'm not saying it is bad, it just wasn't for me.
Which is a shame, since this really feels like something unique.

Some considerations regarding the amount of animations:

1 - The pure tech side: as someone above already mentioned, in the long run you're probably having issues with project size.
You may be considering release separate standalone, which I don't think is that great. But that is up to how you visualize the game.
2 - Game Design: gameplay flow may be too slow for part of the audience (which I'm not sure will be relevant). To me, it really is too much, it may not be for others.
3 - Storytelling: when everything is animated, some scenes may feel less special: I'm not talking about slow burn, but scene build up.

I definitely see the effort you're putting here.
Everything above are meant only to bring another (possibly worth considering) perspective.

Good luck with the project!

Heathershome69

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2022
Update! V1.1 Happy Saturday! Point and click is back! We put a pause after every animation to ensure that there was no music doubling. Please do not skip and or press more than 3 X on an animation until there is a fix! Heather and I are working very hard to fix these bugs until then. V1.2 work is starting... Now! Stay horny my friends!

Mega link !

Heathershome69

Game Developer
Dec 10, 2022
Server has been crazy! Just incase y'all didn't get the latest v1.1 update here it is.
Point and click is back! We put a pause after every animation to ensure that there was no music doubling. Please do not skip and or press more than 3 X on an animation until there is a fix! Heather and I are working very hard to fix these bugs until then. V1.2 work is starting... Now! Stay horny my friends!

Mega link !
Mega

SweatPicle

May 6, 2017
before i gonna ask something i wish everyone a happy new year! now my question is this game that u are only see your stepmom and stepsister have sex or are they both having sex with the stepbrother?

Dec 15, 2022
wow one of the most irritating animation ever to have seen in een VN game. It's like they slide over the floor, and it takes too long for the simpel animations to finish.

Sorry I couldn't continue that 'game'...

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
Well that was something... special, the animations are good but so slow and the rendering quality is so poor, I did fall asleep at least 3 times. I would advise to make shorter animations but with higher quality and make some stuff inbetween

Dec 15, 2022
Well that was something... special, the animations are good but so slow and the rendering quality is so poor, I did fall asleep at least 3 times. I would advise to make shorter animations but with higher quality and make some stuff inbetween
And I love the walking, when you see she walks faster than she moves. And the rest yes exactly...

The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
The most important fact in the world of VNs... Dad's dead!
But will he stay dead?
Suspance music...

make some stuff inbetween
The "lacking content" feeling is probably caused by the hybrid nature of the 1.0 Renpy version. This was an RPGM game originally, so, between a dialogue and an animation, there were long walks on the map to gather the needed plot coupons.
This is supposed to change in the upcoming 1.1 version, where "the point and click will be back".
I agree that the animations are quite slow and the "moonwalks" take a bit to get used to. But the atmosphere of the game is so surreal that I don't see them as a serious issue. I'm not even 100% sure that they aren't intended.

1.50 star(s) 4 Votes