Dec 11, 2019
For some reason the skin mods aren't working. Still displaying the original skins. :(
I'm copying the mod folder from the downloads and placing on top of the mod folder, Is there anything else that needs to be done? I have Mods selected in game too. :) Tyia

Anyone else having issues?
Same.

Reactions: apple192

Duwhap

Nov 28, 2023
I had to add all the base sprites into the actor mod folder first before replacing the sprite. hopefully that helps?

Dec 11, 2019
I had to add all the base sprites into the actor mod folder first before replacing the sprite. hopefully that helps?
When you are replacing it, are you doing so renaming the mod texture to the correlating base texture, and then deleting the base texture?

Iron209555

Aug 5, 2018
For some reason the skin mods aren't working. Still displaying the original skins. :(
I'm copying the mod folder from the downloads and placing on top of the mod folder, Is there anything else that needs to be done? I have Mods selected in game too. :) Tyia

Anyone else having issues?

Glad I'm not the only one xD
The directory should look like this:

[Appdata] > [Roaming] > [Heatwave] > [Mod] > [actors] > png files here

For skins, they MUST be renamed to the base name in the modkit, such as tx_player_male.png for the male playable character.

Reactions: apple192
Dec 11, 2019
The directory should look like this:

[Appdata] > [Roaming] > [Heatwave] > [Mod] > [actors] > png files here

For skins, they MUST be renamed to the base name in the modkit, such as tx_player_male.png for the male playable character.
Okay, this worked, thanks fellas.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duwhap and apple192

SonaraFox

Jul 6, 2017
I've still got some gripes with this game but its still nice to see some progress being made.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Overall I like to see some changes for the things I'm personally not a fan of, just my opinion, but ultimately i like the direction this game is taking.

How to stagger, btw?
Its random, I didn't get a stagger until like wave 8. They hang around with a heart above their head for a while so just finish the wave first because the wave doesn't end until you deal with them.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeynanDescafeinado
May 23, 2018
Good update, like it a lot, looking forward to seeing more of this game. Main only thing I'd like to see is better cum, as it just being massive pixels looks weird; just need to make them far smaller pixels and have more of them, to make thin stringy lines in spurts, would look way better and is how most pixel h games do it. Example; top is current, bottom is idea:

Splooge.png

For internals, just make it leak out and drip on the floor. Also, considering enemy corpses stay around forever, would be cool if cum spurts could too, by just leaving a puddle on the ground wherever they hit.

Also, there's a cheese camping spot in the new Lobby level, where you can jump over the 2 platforms over the pit in which you start, the enemies never make the jump and fall down, meaning melee enemies can never hit you.

Being able to change controls at some point would be nice.
You can change the controls, it's in options. It just doesn't change the keybind in the pause menu

Reactions: paintcabinet

hruutu

Jul 21, 2018
id like the game but my laptop is one where there isnt a separate mouse button so shooting is impossible for later content that it basically locked completely

Reactions: paintcabinet

EmDotRand

Sep 7, 2020
Let the fun begin. hohoho.png
The mod folder's location has not changed, but the format of the mods has. Each mod should go into a subfolder which looks something like this:
bullshit.png
While NPC's (enemies) use the same atlas layout as before, the player is now broken into various pieces, likely to accommodate the ability the new outfit system. I'll edit this comment as I figure things out, assuming Flowpix doesn't come and clear things up themself.

4.30 star(s) 19 Votes