Ren'Py Heavenly Peaks Cultivation [v2.0] [My Big Little Brother]

3.00 star(s) 5 Votes

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
You said it yourself, coercion isn't rape. It's not semantics, the two things simply are not the same. However, if i point this out I'm "bad dev" , so thanks for making this point.
He's being sarcastic here. He's saying if you put a gun to someone's head and they agree to have sex with you, you're raping them, because they would otherwise not have sex with you if you had not made this threat.

Deleted member 107261

The Real Hentai Agent
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
He's being sarcastic here. He's saying if you put a gun to someone's head and they agree to have sex with you, you're raping them, because they would otherwise not have sex with you if you had not made this threat.
Correct, I understand that.
So who is holding the gun in this situation?

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
I explained that there are no love interests and romance is not a theme of my work. At this time, I have no intentions of adding romantic undertones to my work now or in the future. I stated this, but it too was ignored.
Ok, sorry for all the inconvenience, but if there isn't romance or LIs, I think I can leave the thread and proceed to ignore the game since I have no interest in trying it.

Other than that, having downloaded the scene, I have to say rape or not, I don't like it, and I don't like the Non-LI either. I usually don't like to see any sex scene that doesn't include the MC (or includes some guy besides the MC). And even less if the girl is going to have any kind of relationship with the MC (sexual or romantic), in this case I hate the scene.

Reactions: cleangum

Deleted member 107261

The Real Hentai Agent
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Ok, sorry for all the inconvenience, but if there isn't romance or LIs, I think I can leave the thread and proceed to ignore the game since I have no interest in trying it.

Other than that, having downloaded the scene, I have to say rape or not, I don't like it, and I don't like the Non-LI either. I usually don't like to see any sex scene that doesn't include the MC (or includes some guy besides the MC). And even less if the girl is going to have any kind of relationship with the MC (sexual or romantic), in this case I hate the scene.
Everyone's got preferences. At the end of the day this is a niche project - and by extension, it means not everyone will be interested or like it. You don't really need to apologize or anything. (y)

Reactions: BlasKyau

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
No. Because even you said words matter, just scroll down a bit-

You said it yourself, coercion isn't rape. It's not semantics, the two things simply are not the same. However, if i point this out I'm "bad dev" , so thanks for making this point.

I've already explained that there are no love interests in the project. Several times now. But your post brings up an interesting point, why adhere the definition of *anything* if people will just base their reasoning on emotions? Let's just all be jellyfish instead of humans, I hear they are immortal. :oops:
This was one of the most useless responses I've ever had on this site with no value whatsoever, and I've had some dumb discussions with the Redheaded Facepalm demon ;)

Words matter, NOT when you're arguing what people know something to be. You've posted countless definitions to others showing how you're right. That's not a defense. People can interpret definitions differently, so your proof is null in void. THAT'S why I gave the advice to stop talking about definitions. Talk to people like people and UNDERSTAND what makes them feel that way. You don't have to believe them, but at least stop gaslighting them.

Coercion IS rape! That was irony even my 2 year old nephew could understand. By the way, what is your hang up with "Bad Dev?" I NEVER said you were a bad Dev. I wouldn't call you a bad Dev EVER unless there was a more glaring issue than a missing tag.

You want me to cut the crap? Honestly, you can do what you wish. I respect you as a creator because you had the balls to create something and put it out in public. THAT is a BRAVE thing to do. HOWEVER, what is NOT brave is being unable to take criticism. Who cares if people don't like it, who cares if people have negative thoughts of your game? Just do your thing. IF you care, then help them understand your point of view and LISTEN to them. Don't tell them "Nope, your blind. What you said has no merit because of DEFINTIONS!"

It's better to stay calm and treat people like people. You are a person that wakes up everyday, goes to work, takes care of his responsibilities (family, kids, school, etc) and use your free time to do a game like this. I acknowledge that it can be frustrating that people are terribly judging 1% of your total game and bashing it. Makes sense. But you have to understand that the humans playing it are JUST like YOU. They get up and they do the same things you do and come back with their free time to play your game and engage with the community here, for whatever reason. They play your game and they are upset that the game/character they saw as one way, is another way. Don't you get THEIR frustration?

You don't have to agree with definitions, but you can at least be empathetic. No?

I won't respond to your last response cause it was flippant and I want to end on a good note. Regardless of everything, I wish you a good day and good luck for your project. I just wish you would understand that once something is out for the public, it will rightfully be loved AND taken to task if it missteps. Whether or not YOU think it's a misstep.

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Why would you assume I'm not calm? Are you perhaps trying to trigger me for a reaction poster-kun?
Bro, did you read the rest of my message or just focused on the part that you took issue with? I just gave you a lot of respect and you give me this trite message and called me "poster-kun?" I don't get you.

Deleted member 107261

The Real Hentai Agent
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Bro, did you read the rest of my message or just focused on the part that you took issue with? I just gave you a lot of respect and you give me this trite message and called me "poster-kun?" I don't get you.
A post interspersed with assumptive logic and veiled insults is respectful?
Are you actually angry because I didn't write a book in response?
Flippant, you are. At peace I am.

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
A post interspersed with assumptive logic and veiled insults is respectful?
Are you actually angry because I didn't write a book in response?
Flippant, are you. At peace I am.
You take it how you wish. I honestly started a bit annoyed with your comment cause it was flippant. Then I "cut the crap" and genuinely gave you the respect you deserve.

Now I get it. I know who are you are. :)

Deleted member 107261

The Real Hentai Agent
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
You take it how you wish. I honestly started a bit annoyed with your comment cause it was flippant. Then I "cut the crap" and genuinely gave you the respect you deserve.

Now I get it. I know who are you are. :)
How do you know who I am if you've never asked me anything and made assumptions all the while poster-kun?

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Everyone's got preferences. At the end of the day this is a niche project - and by extension, it means not everyone will be interested or like it. You don't really need to apologize or anything. (y)
If it's the project you want to do, that's fine with me. There are many other games and I don't have to like all of them.

In any case, it's important for developers to be clear about fetishes and content (as you've done by exposing the lack of romance and LI) so that players don't get the wrong impression of what they can find in the game.

Other than that, I don't think my tastes are of much help to the game you're creating, so I just think I can thank you for sharing the game and wish you luck.

Deleted member 107261

The Real Hentai Agent
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
In any case, it's important for developers to be clear about fetishes and content (as you've done by exposing the lack of romance and LI) so that players don't get the wrong impression of what they can find in the game.
I agree. Yet, somehow I've been getting attacked for months now because I won't accept tags that don't apply to my game.
I thought it was important, I'm glad to see someone else thinks so too - otherwise what's the point right?

Reactions: BlasKyau

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Ok, I've started watching the scene in question (I've skipped the vast majority of it because I certainly didn't like it) and then the deal or whatever she does with the MC... If this is still in the game I guess I was right not starting the game.
I am getting so sick of this whining! Go read some fucking cultivation manhwa and you will fucking know this is typical in almost ALL OF THEM! Damn you don't like it than don't ready any fucking cultivation manhwa because the story fits this genre! I am currently have over 150+ cultivation manhwa I am reading using Tachiyomi since typically most only have a chapter a week this gives me a enough new chapters to read daily!

Don't play a damn cultivation game if you can't stand the genre! It is not fucking NTR! One of the most popular manhwa right now is Apotheosis at 988 chapters! You see him in the position of the weak himself and forced to be a furnace for a while but escapes. It's all about becoming more powerful and immortal by any means.. These people live for hundreds to thousands of years and they don't see sex as anything but enjoyment, power up, or a temporary set back to immortality and they will either escape their captor or kill them. So it is not NTR! Many give up entirely on the mortal world including their family and friends to become immortal so how can you NTR someone who entire life is NOT about sex and carrying on there line but becoming immortal?

You have to fucking put yourself into that world and NTR does not exist.. How about an Isekai world story where they are animal people and they go into heat and have sex with anyone around? Is that NTR? No it is a fact of life in that world! In the world of Cultivators there is several reasons for sex and it's not about love most of the time. Dual Cultivation mutual benefit to power up based on the Yin and Yang power of male and female, Demonic Evil Cultivators who use blood or drain the others powers (aka making the opposite sex a furnace and steal their cultivation, or just for for enjoyment as they live so long and spend so much time cultivating that they just want some enjoyment. Cultivators live by one creed The Strong Make the Rules. If they are defeated they expect there life to be forfeit or become a slave.. it's that type of world mentality so a slave is property hence no NTR. A cultivator willingly concedes if they lose in hope not to be killed so they have a chance to continue to ascend or escape in the future.

Deleted member 107261

The Real Hentai Agent
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
I am getting so sick of this whining! Go read some fucking cultivation manhwa and you will fucking know this is typical in almost ALL OF THEM!
I feel you but Blast actually didn't do anything , it was a few other people. I think he just caught a stray - sorry Blast :LOL:.

I agree though molitar, it can be pretty tiring explaining over and over. o_O

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Nospamwss

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
I am getting so sick of this whining! Go read some fucking cultivation manhwa and you will fucking know this is typical in almost ALL OF THEM! Damn you don't like it than don't ready any fucking cultivation manhwa because the story fits this genre! I am currently have over 150+ cultivation manhwa I am reading using Tachiyomi since typically most only have a chapter a week this gives me a enough new chapters to read daily!

Don't play a damn cultivation game if you can't stand the genre! It is not fucking NTR! One of the most popular manhwa right now is Apotheosis at 988 chapters! You see him in the position of the weak himself and forced to be a furnace for a while but escapes. It's all about becoming more powerful and immortal by any means.. These people live for hundreds to thousands of years and they don't see sex as anything but enjoyment, power up, or a temporary set back to immortality and they will either escape their captor or kill them. So it is not NTR! Many give up entirely on the mortal world including their family and friends to become immortal so how can you NTR someone who entire life is NOT about sex and carrying on there line but becoming immortal?
I didn't know the genre, so it's unlikely I knew anything about it when I came to ask. And I don't think I said anything offensive, I asked him a couple of questions and commented on what I thought of that scene that the Dev had put in. Surely the problem is that I arrived at a bad time.

In fact, I haven't even tried the game (beyond the controversial scene), I entered to see if I could like it, without knowing anything about the genre, so I guess asking is reasonable.

Also, with all due respect, I haven't participated in this entire NTR discussion that you accuse me of.

You have to fucking put yourself into that world and NTR does not exist.. How about an Isekai world story where they are animal people and they go into heat and have sex with anyone around? Is that NTR? No it is a fact of life in that world! In the world of Cultivators there is several reasons for sex and it's not about love most of the time. Dual Cultivation mutual benefit to power up based on the Yin and Yang power of male and female, Demonic Evil Cultivators who use blood or drain the others powers (aka making the opposite sex a furnace and steal their cultivation, or just for for enjoyment as they live so long and spend so much time cultivating that they just want some enjoyment. Cultivators live by one creed The Strong Make the Rules. If they are defeated they expect there life to be forfeit or become a slave.. it's that type of world mentality so a slave is property hence no NTR. A cultivator willingly concedes if they lose in hope not to be killed so they have a chance to continue to ascend or escape in the future.
I think I've already indicated that I'm not going to start the game: Starting something you know you won't like is stupid, so I'll try not to whenever I can.

I assume you are enjoying the game, and that's fine. We don't all have to like the same things.

If the dev is making the game he wants, and it's liked by the audience he is targeting, then I don't see what a problem there is. That a specific person isn't among that audience is neither bad nor good. There are many games, and not all of them should be liked by everyone.

Last edited:

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
I didn't know the genre, so it's unlikely I knew anything about it when I came to ask. And I don't think I said anything offensive, I asked him a couple of questions and commented on what I thought of that scene that the Dev had put in. Surely the problem is that I arrived at a bad time.

In fact, I haven't even tried the game (beyond the controversial scene), I entered to see if I could like it, without knowing anything about the genre, so I guess asking is reasonable.

Also, with all due respect, I haven't participated in this entire NTR discussion that you accuse me of.

I think I've already indicated that I'm not going to start the game: Starting something you know you won't like is stupid, so I'll try not to whenever I can.

I assume you are enjoying the game, and that's fine. We don't all have to like the same things.

If the dev is making the game he wants, and it's liked by the audience he is targeting, then I don't see what a problem there is. That a specific person isn't among that audience is neither bad nor good. There are many games, and not all of them should be liked by everyone.
Sorry Blaskyau this explanation has been almost a troll so yeah you got caught in cross fire. Sorry about that. I'm glad you are asking though the genre is really interesting reading they are usually fully in color and a lot of action in them.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
I'll be honest, I had a long, well spoken reply for you, but I scrapped that.
Here's why :
This particular person has been banned from my discord for being abusive, making alts to harass, reporting my Patreon page in an attempt to get it shut down, and in this thread alone tons of misinformation which seems linked to review bombing.

In summary of what I wrote is, your behavior will no longer be tolerated and if you don't know how to act properly, I'll just block and ignore you from henceforth. In fact, I'll just go ahead and do that now, in conjunction I'll make every effort to see that continued messages related to rehashed topics are moderated properly henceforth.

People come to be entertained, not annoyed by lies and childish nonsense.

P.S.

View attachment 2101849
you have been banning a bunch of people from your discord because you think they are my alt accounts out to harass you?
huh.

well it definitely was not me.

Bob Jared

Sep 22, 2017
So you're saying those *were* your burner accounts? Interesting.
That is literally the opposite of what he said. Regardless of whether or not it was the truth.
Added this gem just for some of you.

Don't say I don't listen guys (PLOT TWIST : you will, you will always find something to complain aboot).
View attachment 2233870
View attachment 2233871
Who would possibly complain about you listening to the voice inside your head while refusing to even attempt to understand what anyone else is saying unless they agree with you?

3.00 star(s) 5 Votes