Ren'Py Heavenly Peaks Cultivation [v2.0] [My Big Little Brother]

3.00 star(s) 5 Votes

BlackOne 34

Sep 17, 2017
Q: Several people have repeatedly and I’m willing to bet their comments have either been removed, you’ve blocked them, or you’re just straight-up ignoring them.

A: I don't moderate nor manage this thread - so how can I delete comments? I've not removed a single message on this thread.

Q: 1st of all sexual extortion is a form of rape.
A: She's not being sexually extorted. They formed a mutual agreement. A mutually beneficial one at that.

Q: And since she’s an LI; that’s NTR.
A: She's not a love interest. The main character currently does not have any love interests, nor share any romantic feelings with any of the characters.

Q: She doesn’t have to be physically held down for it to be rape. She’d either suffer/starve or die if she didn’t agree to have sex with him.
A: No, she wouldn't. After they made their initial deal she was free to go and leave as she pleased. I explained that, several times which you'd know if you actually read any of the things I said. Even if she left, she wouldn't have "starved", for her it's just a matter of absorbing some energy from the atmosphere. She wanted to utilize that area because it was rich with energy. In other words as you said " There are other ways for her to get energy." Heirgo, she chose to stay in that area for the benefits it bought. Other than sex, Vagrah never bothered her and she was able to freely move as she pleased which is how she meets the main character to begin with, further expanding on the "no NTR" point.

As for some of the other stuff you mentioned technically, if you want 100% honesty -- other developers actually suggest I ignore conversing with people like yourself altogether. I'm starting to see the wisdom behind their suggestions.

Do you always just make assumptions that feed into whatever narrative you want to push?
:rolleyes:
Seems like this isn't really about whether those elements actually exist in game, but whether you (or others) are just wrong or right.

I can "unconfuse" this for you -
In the realm of opinion, everyone is correct. Your opinion has absolutely no more worth than my own. Which means if you perceive a thing incorrectly, that doesn't make you right - it just means you misunderstood a thing. As for my own perceptions, I can only explain them to you. The deal breaker is reality.

Fortunately, things like fact and reality exist. Even with the definitions of rape or NTR, nothing in my game matches either of those.

The truth is NTR doesn't exist in the project - nor do any rape scenes.

It is what it is. Whether you're willing to accept that or not really isn't my problem.
Will the MC have a chance to have love interests later or it will always be a open relationship?

Deleted member 107261

The Real Hentai Agent
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Will the MC have a chance to have love interests later or it will always be a open relationship?
I'm not sure, honestly. Firstly, there aren't any open relationships, because none of the characters are in a relationship with each other.

As far as romance -
I've not thought that far ahead. Romance isn't exactly a foreign concept in cultivation tales, but usually it ends badly. Someone almost always dies, is kidnapped,clan is slaughtered , etc.

The main focus of the project is the world of the Immortal Mountain. It hasn't really been covered yet, but essentially the Heavenly Empress is at the peak of the cultivation world. As the leader she wants to change some of the harsh realities of that world, for many reasons.

To this end, she changes the immortal mountain into a "School" where youths can come and grow in a safer environment. The idea behind this is that if more talented people grow up in a more insulated environment, they will be better prepared for the realities of the outside world.

That's probably my round about way of saying that the characters may not have time to focus on much besides but cultivation. In Bai Huan's case, due to his body, he ends up being desired by many people - but not necessarily in a romantic way.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Konstantinus

Deleted member 107261

The Real Hentai Agent
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Don’t engage the haters is one of the most common pieces of advice for creators. Similarly, don’t get stuck arguing the same thing again and again and again and again. Asking for proof of people advising it is pretty ridiculous.
I don't really mind sharing my motivations to people who seem reasonable.

Last edited:

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Q: 1st of all sexual extortion is a form of rape.
A: She's not being sexually extorted. They formed a mutual agreement. A mutually beneficial one at that.
Mutually beneficial? what is her benefit?
"He won't kill me so long as I spread my legs" is not a benefit.

also, she explicitly asking the MC to kill her "mutually beneficial partner who is totally not raping her"
Q: And since she’s an LI; that’s NTR.
A: She's not a love interest. The main character currently does not have any love interests, nor share any romantic feelings with any of the characters.
that is blatantly false.
1. She literally has a love and affection score in the game which you raise.
2. She is the MC's sexual partner and also cultivation partner.
3. There are a lot of romantic scenes between the MC and the waifus in the game.
4. A "love interest" does not mean "the MC is in True Love with that person". The key word you are forgetting about is "interest". a love interest is someone that the MC is pursuing romantically... or even just sexually. The MC's harem of waifus who live in his house, have sex with him, have affection bars, and have sweet romantic moments with him are all Love Interests, even if they do not have [True Love].

Last edited:

ThaRealThiccShady

Mar 16, 2020

also, she explicitly asking the MC to kill her "mutually beneficial partner who is totally not raping her"

those are blatant lies.
1. She literally has a love and affection score in the game which you raise.
3. There are a lot of romantic scenes between the MC and the waifus in the game.
4. A "love interest" does not mean "the MC is in True Love with that person". The key word you are forgetting about is "interest". a love interest is someone that the MC is pursuing romantically... or even just sexually. The MC's harem of waifus who live in his house, have sex with him, have affection bars, and have sweet romantic moments with him are all Love Interests.
Seriously don’t bother. I’ve tried with this guy much more extensively than even you know(Devs took down many of both of our posts) and he just doesn’t get it or won’t budge. At best he’ll give you a 3-page monologue about how all opinions are equal but somehow your opinion is wholeheartedly incorrect and insidiously based yet he’s incapable of imperfections or of his own opinions being wrong.
(BTW, Mods, before you take this one down as well and call it “off-topic” or “personal” I’ll point out it relates directly to the game itself and players’ opinions of it’s content and the devs subsequent unwillingness to listen to said opinions, nothing personal about myself or the dev)

Deleted member 107261

The Real Hentai Agent
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Seriously don’t bother. I’ve tried with this guy much more extensively than even you know(Devs took down many of both of our posts) and he just doesn’t get it or won’t budge. At best he’ll give you a 3-page monologue about how all opinions are equal but somehow your opinion is wholeheartedly incorrect and insidiously based yet he’s incapable of imperfections or of his own opinions being wrong.
(BTW, Mods, before you take this one down as well and call it “off-topic” or “personal” I’ll point out it relates directly to the game itself and players’ opinions of it’s content and the devs subsequent unwillingness to listen to said opinions, nothing personal about myself or the dev)
I don't think it will ever get anywhere because .. you're not a good listener.
I didn't take down anything - I just don't have the power to remove anything from this thread, as I mentioned before.

You seem determined to get on my bad side, as if to prove some kind of point - but I genuinely don't mind / care. Your opinions are your own, all I can and will ever do is explain my choices in the matter.

• Angry
Reactions: RedPillBlues

Deleted member 107261

The Real Hentai Agent
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Correct, you're right - that's not a benefit - good thing that's not what happened. Being able to grow stronger is a clear benefit. She was originally drawn to that place because of it's high energy content. Spirits need energy to survive and she went there with the intention of inhabiting that place - drawn to that energy. They can get this energy from anywhere, but places rich in energy are far more beneficial. Sex is actually a moot point that serves to strengthen both parties.

The main character was already hunting for that spirit prior to meeting Syphii. In fact, the act of hunting for this spirit is how the two met .

The two (Syphii and Vagrah ) didn't have sex until entering a mutually beneficial agreement. This is depicted in game, verified from Syphii's own words no less. But even then let's take a look at the definition of rape -
chrome_CAO0aiplLb.png
As you can see, this definition differs wildly from what actually happened in game - that is, if you actually played the game to begin with.

She literally has a love and affection score in the game which you raise.
No, she doesn't have a love score. She has a bond level (as seen in the picture below) and affection. Affection , by definition, does not imply implicit love.

af·fec·tion
/əˈfekSH(ə)n/

a gentle feeling of fondness or liking.
"she felt affection for the wise old lady"

The reality is you can build affection for inanimate objects, places, people and so on. You can also do all those things without entering a relationship.

screenshot0087.png

4. A "love interest" does not mean "the MC is in True Love with that person". The key word you are forgetting about is "interest". a love interest is someone that the MC is pursuing romantically... or even just sexually. The MC's harem of waifus who live in his house, have sex with him, have affection bars, and have sweet romantic moments with him are all Love Interests, even if they do not have [True Love].
As per #2 : There are many people who treat sex like a transaction, sSex workers would completely disagree for example.
As per # 3 : The definition of romance is a bit more difficult - a gray area in some aspects. What can be said is that people generally react negatively when their love interest shows romantic interest in someone else. Could they have romantic feelings? Maybe. But none exist in the game, because I haven't written any.
As per # 4 : Love interest and mutually beneficial sex are not the same.

I'll also post the scenes in question to let other followers of this thread decide. Originally I didn't do so because I didn't want to spoil any aspects of my game.

I'd ask that you stop accusing me of being unreasonable. You continue to assert that I don't listen, but I've added / fixed nearly 30 elements of my game from this forum thread alone. I've addressed everything that's been said for quite some time now, despite having already explained myself in great detail several times .I've been exceedingly patient, I haven't blocked anyone, dodged any questions or statements, nor have I asked a moderator to intervene regarding this specific matter on this forum.

Last edited:

Deleted member 107261

The Real Hentai Agent
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Here are the scenes in question that inspired the review bomb and sub-sequent "allegations".

PC :
Mac :
Android :
A summary for those who don't want to bother -
Takeaways are that Syphii attacked first, largely because she perceived herself to be stronger than Vagrah - that and he is a yaomo, aka hostile entity.

She lost and in her words "offered her body" - a deal that was accepted.

She disliked Vagrah due to his nature, which essentially was to do as he pleased and constantly go back on his word. She never mentions sex as the reason that she wanted to remove him from his position. Of the sex, her only gripe was that he asked for it too often, leaving her sore in..uh..areas. Instead her actual reason was to have the territory to herself.

As a result she came up with a plan to get rid of him.

Last edited:

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
What the HELL do people think they are playing? Sure it has grind and combat a lot of combat! Have these idiots never read a Cultivator novel that is all cultivation is! Dual Cultivating, Single Cultivating, Hunting for Resources to power up, and constant combat!

Anyone that complains so much about grind in a Cultivation game needs to go read Cultivating Manhwa!

The only complaint I have is Qi to me is not used right but dev said he would take a look at it. Those who train physical strength should not need much Qi as physical attacks take very little. The Qi is used when they do there special teqhniques, attacks and finishing moves. Finishing moves always takes a lot as they are so powerful but nearly drain you of all your Qi! As someone that focuses on physical aspect I should be able to do a lot of small phsyical fights without using barely any Qi at all.

Proper usage of Qi would be to me if you was going on a scale of usage from 1 - 10 chi.

Physical Attacks 1 (depending on level as you level more you use a bit more due to your extra strength from the level up)
Attacks that use a bit of Qi like a power punch - 2-3
Special Attacks 4-5
Finishing Move 6-8
Defense like a Qi Shield usage based on how much defense is blocked based on your power level. So if you got hit for 50 damage and you have 100 Qi than you would lose half your Qi if you used a Qi Defense Shield. This would make such a defense be used only in a critical attack on you like someone using a finishing move on you.

I am using 1-10 as more of a percentage of the Qi you would use for each type of attack/defense that you have.

Last edited:

Deleted member 107261

The Real Hentai Agent
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
The only complaint I have is Qi to me is not used right but dev said he would take a look at it. Those who train physical strength should not need much Qi as physical attacks take very little. The Qi is used when they do there special teqhniques, attacks and finishing moves. Finishing moves always takes a lot as they are so powerful but nearly drain you of all your Qi! As someone that focuses on physical aspect I should be able to do a lot of small phsyical fights without using barely any Qi at all.

Proper usage of Qi would be to me if you was going on a scale of usage from 1 - 10 chi.

Physical Attacks 1 (depending on level as you level more you use a bit more due to your extra strength from the level up)
Attacks that use a bit of Qi like a power punch - 2-3
Special Attacks 4-5
Finishing Move 6-8
Defense like a Qi Shield usage based on how much defense is blocked based on your power level. So if you got hit for 50 damage and you have 100 Qi than you would lose half your Qi if you used a Qi Defense Shield. This would make such a defense be used only in a critical attack on you like someone using a finishing move on you.

I am using 1-10 as more of a percentage of the Qi you would use for each type of attack/defense that you have.
Thanks, I have it on the list for things to sort out.
Pretty soon I will be revamping the combat system and fixing some lingering issues with it. I'll keep this in mind as I work on it.

Reactions: molitar

Deleted member 107261

The Real Hentai Agent
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
a review bomb is when influencers tells their followers to go "click this link and leave a negative review" for something they never played/watched.

if a dev does something that results in a lot of negative reviews from their actual player base then it isn't a review bomb.
I'll be honest, I had a long, well spoken reply for you, but I scrapped that.
Here's why :
This particular person has been banned from my discord for being abusive, making alts to harass, reporting my Patreon page in an attempt to get it shut down, and in this thread alone tons of misinformation which seems linked to review bombing.

In summary of what I wrote is, your behavior will no longer be tolerated and if you don't know how to act properly, I'll just block and ignore you from henceforth. In fact, I'll just go ahead and do that now, in conjunction I'll make every effort to see that continued messages related to rehashed topics are moderated properly henceforth.

People come to be entertained, not annoyed by lies and childish nonsense.

P.S.

chrome_lpJgKTFP0b.png

Last edited:

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
I'm not sure, honestly. Firstly, there aren't any open relationships, because none of the characters are in a relationship with each other.

As far as romance -
I've not thought that far ahead. Romance isn't exactly a foreign concept in cultivation tales, but usually it ends badly. Someone almost always dies, is kidnapped,clan is slaughtered , etc.
Is it certain that there will be no LIs in the game? If so, then confirm it to avoid trying the game and getting upset.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Helpful advice to Dev Heavenly Peaks Purveyor I don't get your semantics. People tell you something is one way, and you say "technically if you read the definition" *pushes up nerdy glasses* What's the point? STOP ARGUING DEFINITIONS!

There's no reason to make it avoidable - in fact I can't. The things he mention simply do not exist. There's no NTR or rape in the game, so there's nothing to remove or make avoidable.
As I've mentioned from the beginning, people are so bent on the "bad dev" kick that they really just aren't listening. You're free to think whatever you like, but even if that's true - with all of the people who've played (thousands at this point), only one person has ever said there was NTR or rape in the game.
You're right! COERCION isn't rape. If I offer someone death or sex with me, that isn't force. :WeSmart:
Do you listen to yourself? Your best case scenario is that she decides to do it against starvation of her own will, at that point it's still dubious.

Regardless, you do what you want, but stop being in denial. Semantics doesn't help in this situation. It's rather simple, if your love interest is fucking someone else... then, BOO, you got the three letter tag creepiNg inTo youR game!

As BlasKyau said, is the girl just a random hoe, or a Love Interest? Are there Love Interests? If there are, how many are fucking others not MC.

This is turning into the Keymaster at this point. :KEK:

Last edited:

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Here are the scenes in question that inspired the review bomb and sub-sequent "allegations".

PC : Mega
Mac : Mega
Android : Mega
A summary for those who don't want to bother -
Takeaways are that Syphii attacked first, largely because she perceived herself to be stronger than Vagrah - that and he is a yaomo, aka hostile entity.

She lost and in her words "offered her body" - a deal that was accepted.

She disliked Vagrah due to his nature, which essentially was to do as he pleased and constantly go back on his word. She never mentions sex as the reason that she wanted to remove him from his position. Of the sex, her only gripe was that he asked for it too often, leaving her sore in..uh..areas. Instead her actual reason was to have the territory to herself.

As a result she came up with a plan to get rid of him.
Ok, I've started watching the scene in question (I've skipped the vast majority of it because I certainly didn't like it) and then the deal or whatever she does with the MC... If this is still in the game I guess I was right not starting the game.

Deleted member 107261

The Real Hentai Agent
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
I don't really plan on spending time rehashing topics that have already been discussed.
No amount of criticism of "phantom aspects" will change anything - as I said you can't change something that doesn't exist.

As you can see - the direction shifts anytime I beat *any* allegation. First the game supposedly had NTR elements, now that it's been disproven the topic shifted to rape elements. That was debunked. Now "coercion", which doesn't apply either. Regardless of the circumstances, Syphii's life was spared and a deal was made between the two.

Being abrasive and arguing dead topics isn't really worth your time, but do as you please. :unsure:

Last edited:

Deleted member 107261

The Real Hentai Agent
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Helpful advice to Dev Heavenly Peaks Purveyor I don't get your semantics. People tell you something is one way, and you say "technically if you read the definition" *pushes up nerdy glasses* What's the point? STOP ARGUING DEFINITIONS!
No. Because even you said words matter, just scroll down a bit-

You're right! COERCION isn't rape. If I offer someone death or sex with me, that isn't force. :WeSmart:
Do you listen to yourself? Your best case scenario is that she decides to do it against starvation of her own will, at that point it's still dubious. Regardless, you do what you want, but stop being in denial.
You said it yourself, coercion isn't rape. It's not semantics, the two things simply are not the same. However, if i point this out I'm "bad dev" , so thanks for making this point.

Semantics doesn't help in this situation. It's rather simple, if your love interest is fucking someone else... then, BOO, you got the three letter tag creepiNg inTo youR game!
As BlasKyau said, is the girl just a random hoe, or a Love Interest? Are there Love Interests? If there are, how many are fucking others not MC.
I've already explained that there are no love interests in the project. Several times now. But your post brings up an interesting point, why adhere the definition of *anything* if people will just base their reasoning on emotions? Let's just all be jellyfish instead of humans, I hear they are immortal. :oops:

Deleted member 107261

The Real Hentai Agent
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Thread Summary:
A disgruntled ex-player (proven) made claims that NTR or rape themes exist in my project. I provided evidence to the contrary, about 12 times now. This was ignored.

I provided the scenes mentioned in said "review" for player consideration. This was ignored.

I explained that there are no love interests and romance is not a theme of my work. At this time, I have no intentions of adding romantic undertones to my work now or in the future. I stated this, but it too was ignored.

I'm starting to notice a pattern here, which is that people tend to ignore me a lot - but here's the issue. Why ask / pose a question if you're just going to ignore the response? It seems like a huge waste of time and energy.

There are a few definitions that can be applied to this pattern of ignoring me, however:
Coercion - An attempt at forcing me to change elements of my work.
Harassment - A continued and persistent effort to continued coercion.
Intimidation - Abrasive, disruptive and aggressive discourse because I refuse to acknowledge their efforts of coercion/harassment.

My guess is that - since these words are now being applied someone besides myself, they will also be ignored.

Last edited:
3.00 star(s) 5 Votes