Ren'Py Heavenly Peaks Cultivation [v2.0] [My Big Little Brother]

3.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
So, is this any less of a hot mess? I love xinxia, 2 of the 4 games installed on my pc (originals not pirated) are xinxia, but this one was messy last time I played, like stuff being shown out of order and such, did it get good?

Can someone give a shout if or when it does?
Sadly 1.5 is still out of order maybe because with the new Cheats you can reach things faster then intended throwing everything in disorder again. I would wait for 2.0 Patreon and hope there for better.

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
i self censored myself because i'm too angry at the dev and can't make a constructive comment for now, tutorial is still full of bullshit and half-assed knowledge

Last edited:

lazydude

Dec 21, 2017
Sadly 1.5 is still out of order maybe because with the new Cheats you can reach things faster then intended throwing everything in disorder again. I would wait for 2.0 Patreon and hope there for better.
haha it still happens even without the cheats like this scene
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
before this one
let alone getting the chronicle

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
Anyone tell me what's this "cultivation" thing all about? You see, I've read so many Web Novels and Light Novels, of which are from the Japanese. There's this like so many templates of Isekai stuff in there right? But here in the case of Chinese ones, I've never read them at all. One thing I've been noticing though is that there's a lot of this "cultivation" thing in their plot summaries and titles. Be it Chinese Manga (are they called Manhua?) or through their web novels. Its like a template I've seen so many times whether I passed over some titles when I want to read something.

So to say, I've never read anything related to Chinese stuff and one of the many things I'm seeing in regards to that is how prevalent this concept of "cultivation" is. Like how big Isekai is for Japan, so what's this "cultivation" all about?

I ask because I'm interested on playing this, but the many things I've been seeing about martial arts, meditation, and other overpowered shit on some synopsis of the Web Novels I saw makes me hesitant to read them. I'm already addicted to Isekai, I might as well not add more of them. Never did I read anything of Xianxia (is that the right word?) or anything relating to it. In a way this is also the reason I'm not that interested in reading Korean stuff too like Manwha (is this correct?), I've read The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor before I dropped it. It's kinda comfortable for me because of how surprisingly similar it is to Japanese OP protagonist plotlines.

Any way to introduce us to these concepts?

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
I’d say that cultivation stories are about as big as isekai.

Dragon Ball is very much Xianxia-ish. Softcore Xianxia, so to speak. On the other end, much of Hindu mythology can be seen as an inspiration for what later became xianxia.

Hard training, eating enormous quantities of powerful food or medicine, meditating and fighting eventually lead to you gaining a level and transforming into the next stage. Like Dragon Ball, it often starts as a martial arts story, then they learn to fly and shoot energy/elemental attacks from their hands. Later on, destroying mountains or (eventually) even planets, or ascending to a higher plane of existence are very much possibilities.

Details on how this works differ. Some have game-like mechanics (Gather exp/energy → level up). Some require meditation on the nature of yourself and/or the world to increase their cultivation realm. Dragon Ball requires you to scream a lot during a fight… Many require specific actions to "break through" to the next level, sometimes involving a trial of some sort.

Ryuugi over at spacebattles.com has written a bunch of high-effort posts detailing the historical and mythological background, as well as explaining basic concepts in far too much detail. His stories are very much inspired by mythology and classical texts, so it may nor be a perfect representation of modern cultivation. Less so, because he writes crossover fanfiction as a western author, but I can recommend checking it out anyway.

Here are the informational threadmarks for a Xianxia/Worm story called "Sect":

Here’s the same for a Xianxia/Sailor Moon crossover:

----

On second thought, those links are probably more interesting after you already know xianxia.

This glossary is probably more useful to get basic information:

Last edited:

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
RoughlySpecific

Damn... the one I've been seeing from various forums is that, they say a good summary of Xianxia is its like Dragon Ball. Though I always withheld on that thought because, surely, it can't be that simple right? There should be some kind of depth in here or something? Like with how many Isekai harem stories I've read, some of them have something deeper within them. Be it philosophical, something tragic happened on the protagonists or some other character, some amazing world building with loads of lore and history, or some good shit from the Japanese side of things.

Dragon Ball after all, can only be so good until it just reaches on to the episodes where everyone's just screaming till' they reach some higher levels of their power, until they can destroy planets and endless fight scenes. It can be a bit boring, I thought. Hence, me never reading anything Chinese...

Thanks for the info though, what you've provided is a start... that might've convince me to play this game.

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
they say a good summary of Xianxia is its like Dragon Ball. Though I always withheld on that thought because, surely, it can't be that simple right?
Dragon Ball is one of the simpler examples. All those other elements you mentioned (world building, philosophy, tragedy etc) can still happen obviously.

Isekai is just "[Person] inserted into [World} Xianxia is just "[Technique] lets you [level up]". It’s what you do with that which makes it interesting. Western Xianxia have become more and more popular in the webnovel sphere.

The currently number 1 highest rated ongoing story on Royalroad, for example, is a Xianxia-Isekai subversion of the typical tropes: A Canadian guy wakes up in the body of your typical Xianxia protagonist and decides to fuck off into the hinterlands and start a farm:

The Cradle series has been rated highly as well (Free with audible/Kindle unlimited):

I can recommend Forge of Destiny as a westernized introduction to the genre which still plays much of it straight. It was originally an interactive collaborative storytelling project, later turned into a book. It starts out with the protagonist having been taken from the streets to enter a sect and then mostly follows her adventures there.

ThaRealThiccShady

Mar 16, 2020
The scenario with Syphii the fire spirit seems designed to force unnecessary Mandatory NTR. Which seems very out of place considering the rest of the game is vanilla harem.

what happens (chronologically):
1. MC's team (2 azure spark (level 3) waifus and the MC who is at emerald spark (level 2) but is almost at azure) clash with 1 azure spark (level 3) yaomo. he retreats when he sees his illusion is ineffective on them. A reasonable strategic decision on his part as he is an assassin build (illusion + poison + wind) and seriously outnumbered.
2. later those 3 run across him very blatantly raping a fire elemental girl (Syphii). and decide to just watch without any choice being offered to the player
3. Syphii notices but the yaomo does not. she tracks MC to his home and bonds with the MC and becomes his waifu, providing him with a powerup to fire magic.
4. Syphii insist that she must return to the yaomo's territory in the forest to be his cum bucket because "he will look for her" if she leaves his territory... what? this is despite the fact that he is stuck holding his territory, you are outside his territory, and he is terrible at tracking, and he never found the first waifu which MC saved from him. And its not like his territory is the only place in the world in which a fire spirit might decide to live in... maybe he would even get some introspection about being less forceful towards woman because they can just leave?
5. While you are training to defeat him, Syphii has finally had enough of having her anus destroyed by yaomo. She just cant stand staying at his territory full time and changes her mind about staying with him to avoid suspecion... partially... She decides to only stay with him 4 days a week and spend the other 3 with you instead in your hut. Apparently this somehow makes him LESS likely to find your place compared to just running away and not coming back?

It feels really shitty since she is clearly a love interest.
It is jarring because none of the other girls have such a scenario.
Most importantly this train of logic is completely illogical.
If this was a pure NTR game all the girls would have been in such situations. But no it is only the one and I get the feeling it is meant to be "realistic" depiction of you just not having enough strength to change things?

I mean it could have easy been:
2. CHOOSE in character whether to watch him rape Syphii or intervene. Watch means the current scene plays, intervene will cause him to retreat again (possibly after a short clash)... because again he is horribly outnumbered and does not know your exact strength. While being an assassin type (illusion + wind + poison). You might have a short scuffle with him to gain some knowledge on his skills that will guide you into the same training route as the info Syphii gives.
4. CHOOSE in character whether to tell Syphii to stay with you in your hut where he won't be able to find her (if he has not found the first girl there yet he should not find Syphii either)... OR send her back (current route).
If you choose to not send her back she stays with you permanently and never goes back.

Besides the above which would allow for a non NTR path. I would also suggest altering the scene you walk on to be changed to be the first time he is raping Syphii.
This would make better for BOTH routes. For harem lovers it is self explanatory, but even for the NTR fans it should be far more impactful to stand there and fearfully watch the first time he rapes her instead of the nth time.
Yo I was just checking this game out from the recent updates and I usually avoid commenting when I know a certain aspect totally turns me off a game but I just have to say:

That is fucking wild. I’ve played/read about a very wide range of NTR-esque games/paths and I’ve never come across something so-for lack of a better term-fucked up. I’m not trying to kink-shame at all but it’s just so out-there in every way and none of those ways are good.

Putting aside the fact that it’s unavoidable(Big auto no-no for me with NTR) that chain of events is so uncomfortable just to read about that I know no matter what the other aspects of the game are I’m never touching it until it’s avoidable(Not skipable). Heavily encourage dev that moving forward it should be. Like exploring fetishes is one thing but forcing this on the player is wrong and will turn a lot of people away at the jump.

In conclusion;
85C92AD0-7DE3-45E6-A460-3C97F3730E97.gif

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Only one breakthrough has been implemented in current version

Have you been spending your talent points?
Training is required to not fuck up your build when converting talent points into stat points.
When you meditate you can switch to another screen where you can make the conversion.

Here is the manual page which explains how to spend talent points

Talents are a limited resource, you should only spend them when it says (200%) next to the stat you want to raise.
if it does not say 200% then you need to train to raise it. the figure drops over time. so you should only spend 1 talent point at a time, after each talent spent you should train again to raise it back to 200%
Ugg.. this would of really been nice to have know this in game.. this means all my progress.. I need to start over because nowhere did it say anything about 200% that I can remember since starting the game and playing every new release from continue. How about telling dev to put that into the game itself some where's maybe a book you read about cultivation in the game.

BTW the manual was useless referenced the single post about the 200% is the only thing useful to know.. so important that I will have to start grinding the game a new it seems from how you describe it.. probably most of us here will have to start over for best results.

Now to a new release I only have one word to sum it up... WOOT!

Last edited:

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
Seems you guys missed another . As he feels that he is to much of a workaholic and perfectionist he now takes this month off and after it he will now alternate each month with this game and his other game.
So with July he will work on next update of HOM, in August on Heavenly Peaks, on September HOM, October HP and so on.

• Haha
Reactions: girdeyordo

Lunarmist

Darkness of The Mist
Uploader
Game Compressor
Feb 5, 2022
Heavenly Peaks Cultivation [v2.0] Compressed

Download Win/Linux:

Last edited:

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Seems you guys missed another . As he feels that he is to much of a workaholic and perfectionist he now takes this month off and after it he will now alternate each month with this game and his other game.
So with July he will work on next update of HOM, in August on Heavenly Peaks, on September HOM, October HP and so on.
So we should at least get regular updates than.. every other month. Both are good games and rather see equal distribution than one getting no updates for months.

Reactions: Konstantinus

Sngo

May 9, 2020
The scenario with Syphii the fire spirit seems designed to force unnecessary Mandatory NTR. Which seems very out of place considering the rest of the game is vanilla harem.

what happens (chronologically):
1. MC's team (2 azure spark (level 3) waifus and the MC who is at emerald spark (level 2) but is almost at azure) clash with 1 azure spark (level 3) yaomo. he retreats when he sees his illusion is ineffective on them. A reasonable strategic decision on his part as he is an assassin build (illusion + poison + wind) and seriously outnumbered.
2. later those 3 run across him very blatantly raping a fire elemental girl (Syphii). and decide to just watch without any choice being offered to the player
3. Syphii notices but the yaomo does not. she tracks MC to his home and bonds with the MC and becomes his waifu, providing him with a powerup to fire magic.
4. Syphii insist that she must return to the yaomo's territory in the forest to be his cum bucket because "he will look for her" if she leaves his territory... what? this is despite the fact that he is stuck holding his territory, you are outside his territory, and he is terrible at tracking, and he never found the first waifu which MC saved from him. And its not like his territory is the only place in the world in which a fire spirit might decide to live in... maybe he would even get some introspection about being less forceful towards woman because they can just leave?
5. While you are training to defeat him, Syphii has finally had enough of having her anus destroyed by yaomo. She just cant stand staying at his territory full time and changes her mind about staying with him to avoid suspecion... partially... She decides to only stay with him 4 days a week and spend the other 3 with you instead in your hut. Apparently this somehow makes him LESS likely to find your place compared to just running away and not coming back?

It feels really shitty since she is clearly a love interest.
It is jarring because none of the other girls have such a scenario.
Most importantly this train of logic is completely illogical.
If this was a pure NTR game all the girls would have been in such situations. But no it is only the one and I get the feeling it is meant to be "realistic" depiction of you just not having enough strength to change things?

I mean it could have easy been:
2. CHOOSE in character whether to watch him rape Syphii or intervene. Watch means the current scene plays, intervene will cause him to retreat again (possibly after a short clash)... because again he is horribly outnumbered and does not know your exact strength. While being an assassin type (illusion + wind + poison). You might have a short scuffle with him to gain some knowledge on his skills that will guide you into the same training route as the info Syphii gives.
4. CHOOSE in character whether to tell Syphii to stay with you in your hut where he won't be able to find her (if he has not found the first girl there yet he should not find Syphii either)... OR send her back (current route).
If you choose to not send her back she stays with you permanently and never goes back.

Besides the above which would allow for a non NTR path. I would also suggest altering the scene you walk on to be changed to be the first time he is raping Syphii.
This would make better for BOTH routes. For harem lovers it is self explanatory, but even for the NTR fans it should be far more impactful to stand there and fearfully watch the first time he rapes her instead of the nth time.
Dafuk?
Here i was waiting the game to have some content to try and play it since I love xinxia and then i read this :cry:.
Seems it isn't yet the moment I can enjoy a "cultivation" game.
Well to the ignore list it goes then, NTR is a deal breaker for me, avoidable or not and seems this one is forced yikes.
Anyway GL with the game for the dev.

Anyone tell me what's this "cultivation" thing all about? You see, I've read so many Web Novels and Light Novels, of which are from the Japanese. There's this like so many templates of Isekai stuff in there right? But here in the case of Chinese ones, I've never read them at all. One thing I've been noticing though is that there's a lot of this "cultivation" thing in their plot summaries and titles. Be it Chinese Manga (are they called Manhua?) or through their web novels. Its like a template I've seen so many times whether I passed over some titles when I want to read something.

So to say, I've never read anything related to Chinese stuff and one of the many things I'm seeing in regards to that is how prevalent this concept of "cultivation" is. Like how big Isekai is for Japan, so what's this "cultivation" all about?

I ask because I'm interested on playing this, but the many things I've been seeing about martial arts, meditation, and other overpowered shit on some synopsis of the Web Novels I saw makes me hesitant to read them. I'm already addicted to Isekai, I might as well not add more of them. Never did I read anything of Xianxia (is that the right word?) or anything relating to it. In a way this is also the reason I'm not that interested in reading Korean stuff too like Manwha (is this correct?), I've read The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor before I dropped it. It's kinda comfortable for me because of how surprisingly similar it is to Japanese OP protagonist plotlines.

I really like Isekai too but honestly I'm getting bored of animes, it's rare the one we're your mc kill any enemy for example that's why they keep coming again and again, it almost always the same things in anime, protagonist don't kill anyone, protagonist is a simp, pushover etc of course not every anime is like that but when it isn't it's close to it, then i started to watch donghua and I'm liking it much more, it's a complete Diference in protagonist behaviours. I don't read novel so i can't help you but if you watch anime you can watch donghua. You have douluo Dalu aka "soul land", doupo cangqiong aka "battle through heavens" these are 2 of my favorites.

3.00 star(s) 5 Votes