anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
let's be honest...(or perhaps "factual" is a better word?)
Thanks you very much to think about my old age. But I can assure you that there's no need to shout, and that my glasses works.

So, stop making a fool of yourself by relying on artifacts in order for your posts to attract the attention that their vacuity wouldn't get otherwise.

Don't yell, scream or shout.
L... O... L...

I still believe that most of her appeal comes from her being attractive, personally,
I said it and will say it again: Thanks, but not anyone is a hungry virgin incel fapping furiously on Becca image, believing that it's a representation of Notty.

I'll be 52yo in few weeks, do you really believe that being a widow made me pathetic to the point to fantasy on a game creator ? Man, if I have to fantasy on someone it will be Jennifer Lawrence... I mean, at least I know what she looks like, including nude (hunk hunk hunk) and that for sure she isn't a guy in disguise.

Do you really believe that all the others are pathetic to this point ?
Most of them are over 35yo. There's more rational to do than to fantasize on what is in the end nothing more than a pseudonym and words behind which perhaps hide a woman between 25yo and 60yo, who can looks like anything between the average Rambo girl (she'd been commissioned officer in the British Army) and the usual British country old lady.

Please, do not project your live on us, thanks a lot. We appreciate Notty, it's true. But we do it for her writing, that effectively tell a lot about her personality. We are grown adult, all born and became adult before the age of virtuality, we know the difference between the real world and Internet, and we can make it.
She's at most a virtual friend, someone that exist but we will never encounter, and for which we know perfectly that a part of this person mostly rely on the representation that we made up in our head. Being appealed to this is perhaps something possible for the youngest generation, but it's something that pass largely above our heads.

And also, please, learn to write normally...

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
If I may, I'd like to answer a couple points... to "anne O'nymous, post: 10834771, member: 63812"
Thanks you very much to think about my old age. But I can assure you that there's no need to shout, and that my glasses works.

I wish my eyes worked as well as yours. I go to an 18pt text to assist my viewing them. I'm not shouting, I just have difficulty seeing. . .and yes, my glasses work but, are of marginal use. If I make a misspelling please forgive it as I can't see this text very well when I type.

So, stop making a fool of yourself by relying on artifacts in order for your posts to attract the attention that their vacuity wouldn't get otherwise.

OH...."vacuity" great word... looked it up to make sure I quoted your right.

So, if my words were so foolish or empty of meaning or fact, why do they bring out such a reaction of defensiveness from yourself and others? hmmm? Is it empty of meaning to call a dev an 'amateur' because she/he has admitted such? ...and his/her output and reworking of material indicates a non-professional background? Such a statement shouldn't offend anyone, why is every one so upset with my statement of facts? (besides my use of a larger font?)

I said it and will say it again: Thanks, but not anyone is a hungry virgin incel fapping furiously on Becca image, believing that it's a representation of Notty.

Hmm, perhaps I wasn't clear. But to be explicit, it seems to me as though some on this thread do act as though her image of Becca is if not actual, a close resemblence of Notty. I'm not judging her, just the tone of all the responses I read.

I'll be 52yo in few weeks, do you really believe that being a widow made me pathetic to the point to fantasy on a game creator ?
No, I do not. BTW, 52 us a great age. Wish I was.

No I'm pointing out that this is an uncommonly long thread....perhaps the longest... on a project with little movement which has to say something about the motivation of the posters. There is little/nothing new to talk about but besides the genuine interest in the VN, but look at the venom that comes out should any one DARE to criticize the DEV or any of her/his helpers for their lack of movement or production or anything.

Please, do not project your live on us, thanks a lot.
I'm Not... I'm holding up a mirror to what I see. There is a lot of irrational attachment in this thread.

We appreciate Notty, it's true. But we do it for her writing, that effectively tell a lot about her personality. We are grown adult, all born and became adult before the age of virtuality, we know the difference between the real world and Internet, and we can make it. (as have I)
She's at most a virtual friend, someone that exist but we will never encounter, and for which we know perfectly that a part of this person mostly rely on the representation that we made up in our head. Being appealed to this is perhaps something possible for the youngest generation, but it's something that pass largely above our heads.

I can certainly agree with what you say about being attracted to her/his writing and what has been produced. It is good to excellent. I understand that if you consider a vertual friend that you would be upset if someone attacked her personally or unfairly. I did not. I admire what she/he's done, to date. May she/he continue someday.

Gladly, as long as I don't have to follow the herd blindly. And, dear madam, if I may, I understand that you have been a great help to many Dev's and for that I admire you and respect your opinion. I too would defend my virtual friends should they be unfairly criticized. In my defense, the observations I posted are not personal (nor will they be except in self defense) nor without evideince to support them. I hope you all can see that. Personally I wish you the best. Live long and prosper.

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
If I may, I'd like to answer a couple points... to "anne O'nymous, post: 10834771, member: 63812"

I wish my eyes worked as well as yours. I go to an 18pt text to assist my viewing them. I'm not shouting, I just have difficulty seeing. . .and yes, my glasses work but, are of marginal use. If I make a misspelling please forgive it as I can't see this text very well when I type.

So, if my words were so foolish or empty of meaning or fact, why do they bring out such a reaction of defensiveness from yourself and others? hmmm? Is it empty of meaning to call a dev an 'amateur' because she/he has admitted such? ...and his/her output and reworking of material indicates a non-professional background? Such a statement shouldn't offend anyone, why is every one so upset with my statement of facts? (besides my use of a larger font?)

Hmm, perhaps I wasn't clear. But to be explicit, it seems to me as though some on this thread do act as though her image of Becca is if not actual, a close resemblence of Notty. I'm not judging her, just the tone of all the responses I read.

I'll be 52yo in few weeks, do you really believe that being a widow made me pathetic to the point to fantasy on a game creator ?
No, I do not. BTW, 52 us a great age. Wish I was.

No I'm pointing out that this is an uncommonly long thread....perhaps the longest... on a project with little movement which has to say something about the motivation of the posters. There is little/nothing new to talk about but besides the genuine interest in the VN, but look at the venom that comes out should any one DARE to criticize the DEV or any of her/his helpers for their lack of movement or production or anything.

Please, do not project your live on us, thanks a lot.
I'm Not... I'm holding up a mirror to what I see. There is a lot of irrational attachment in this thread.

We appreciate Notty, it's true. But we do it for her writing, that effectively tell a lot about her personality. We are grown adult, all born and became adult before the age of virtuality, we know the difference between the real world and Internet, and we can make it. (as have I)

I can certainly agree with what you say about being attracted to her/his writing and what has been produced. It is good to excellent. I understand that if you consider a vertual friend that you would be upset if someone attacked her personally or unfairly. I did not. I admire what she/he's done, to date. May she/he continue someday.

Gladly, as long as I don't have to follow the herd blindly. And, dear madam, if I may, I understand that you have been a great help to many Dev's and for that I admire you and respect your opinion. I too would defend my virtual friends should they be unfairly criticized. In my defense, the observations I posted are not personal (nor will they be except in self defense) nor without evideince to support them. I hope you all can see that. Personally I wish you the best. Live long and prosper.
We know for a fact that Notty doesn't actually ressembles Becca has she admitted to have a lookalike in the game which isn't her but haven't disclosed the characters name.
You can drop the she/he nonsense has we've had several first person accounts confirming she's female. There even was a recording of her voice floating around at some point.
It's funny that you danced around her gender but got fooled by Anne O'nymous :D (don't worry, I thought he was female the first few interactions I had with him as well).
I don't particularly recall earlier posts but imho you didn't even criticize Notty, unfairly or otherwise, you defended her by reminding that she's an amateur and shouldn't be held to the standards of AAA studios like some users seem to do.
Saying that most of her appeal is her attractiveness is insulting our intelligence and her work though. I think it comes down to semantics, had you used some instead of most I wouldn't have an issue.

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
We know for a fact that Notty doesn't actually ressembles Becca has she admitted to have a lookalike in the game which isn't her but haven't disclosed the characters name.
You can drop the she/he nonsense has we've had several first person accounts confirming she's female. There even was a recording of her voice floating around at some point.
It's funny that you danced around her gender but got fooled by Anne O'nymous :D (don't worry, I thought he was female the first few interactions I had with him as well).
I don't particularly recall earlier posts but imho you didn't even criticize Notty, unfairly or otherwise, you defended her by reminding that she's an amateur and shouldn't be held to the standards of AAA studios like some users seem to do.
Saying that most of her appeal is her attractiveness is insulting our intelligence and her work though. I think it comes down to semantics, had you used some instead of most I wouldn't have an issue.
There is a lot of room between an amateur and a AAA developer, but that is not really the point, or is it? it should be made quite clear, that someone who makes (or made) several thousand dollars a year with this job no longer passes for an amateur. Even not beeing an AAA developer. This is simply due to the definition of the term "amateur", which depends on whether someone makes money with his hobby (usually sports) or not.

Also, In general, I think it's always a good idea to view statements about the gender (or sex) about somone practically anoym simply as a statement and not as a fact. Unfortunately, it is not uncommon in the internet for some guys to pretend to be a girl. In the end, it doesn't matter. Notty should be measured by the same standards as all other developers here. It's not enough to just promise new features when you haven't delivered anything for over a year and a half.

Reactions: DirectXD1943

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I wish my eyes worked as well as yours. I go to an 18pt text to assist my viewing them.
You can perfectly configure your computer to use a more readable font and/or a bigger character size. You can do the same for your internet browser. And in top of that you can have your browser zooming on the current page.
So, sorry, but "I'm using a big font in my messages because I don't see much" is not a valid excuse.

Or, you know, you could click on the "reply" button at the bottom right of the post...

So, if my words were so foolish or empty of meaning or fact, why do they bring out such a reaction of defensiveness from yourself and others?
Read again. There's no defensiveness in the reaction you got, but a clear lassitude. We all explicitly addressed the, "and here we go again", feeling that we got reading your post.

Is it empty of meaning to call a dev an 'amateur' because she/he has admitted such?
What is empty of all meaning is to state an obvious reality that everyone agree on since months, and that was already pointed out as being a fact in the post you answer to. Especially when it then turn into the affirmation of a fantasy situation that have been debunked so many times during the few last months.

No I'm pointing out that this is an uncommonly long thread....perhaps the longest... on a project with little movement which has to say something about the motivation of the posters.
Really ? It's against the rules to name games in a game thread, and we are already at the limits of the said rules, but I can assure you that there's worse in terms of filling content.

I'll not starts to make stats, but I know for a fact that more than two third of this thread address directly the game, story and characters. I know it because the thread is under relatively close monitoring due to the amount of off topic in the past.
Were we talking about Notty instead of the game and its development progression, you can be sure that the moderators wouldn't hesitate to strike again. And this wouldn't pass unseen since they would also close it to all reply for few days.

[...] but look at the venom that comes out should any one DARE to criticize the DEV or any of her/his helpers for their lack of movement or production or anything.
Look again. There's a tons of calm and nice reply to the persons who talk about the slow progression, the fact that refactoring the story isn't the best idea that Notty had, even if the result is amazing, and so on.
It's only the main recurrent troll who ended receiving bitter answers. And for cause, it's been four months that he circle, saying the same pitch again and again ad nauseum. This for a game that he declared himself none interesting two years ago. It's not the criticism that is the issue, but the behavior.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Sorry for the double post, but those needed to be addressed independently to not add to the confusion.

You can drop the she/he nonsense has we've had several first person accounts confirming she's female.
To be fair, this is on me. I'm the one raising the doubt on her gender to emphasis the pure relativity behind feeling for a virtual "friend".
Know that I payed it. Since I wrote yesterday, I can't get rid of the image of Silvester Stallone playing (abs' fab') Patsy Stone... And I guaranty that all the feelings that I could possibly unconsciously have for Notty are now gone forever.

It was my point. While there's surely some players who are here because of this (too bad, Becca will be no more as narrator), believing that people follow the game, and/or support her for this reason is insulting for her hard works and the quality of her writing and scene building. It also don't tell good about us, but personally this I don't care.

Notty is working her ass out to offer top quality content. It have its bad side (the delay between each updates), but since she don't count her time, and tend to care more about the game than about herself, it's hard to let pass this kind of affirmation that tend to place her hard works and undeniable skills in the background and to puts it as something secondary and nearly insignificant.

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
To:mad:NeimadFR

Thanks for a civil reply/comment.
"We know for a fact that Notty doesn't actually ressembles Becca has she admitted to have a lookalike in the game which isn't her but haven't disclosed the characters name."

I don't know, nor care much if Becca is / resembles Notty. I was pointing out that many of the posters on this thread seem to believe or act like they believe that Becca is or resembles Notty.

"You can drop the she/he nonsense has we've had several first person accounts confirming she's female. There even was a recording of her voice floating around at some point."

Ok, I'll take that at face value. With all the banter back and forth, I became doubtful. (see below)

"It's funny that you danced around her gender but got fooled by Anne O'nymous :D (don't worry, I thought he was female the first few interactions I had with him as well)."

Well, Since Anne O'nymous STATED 'she' was a 52 year old widow, I can be forgiven for that (if that is a) mistake? But that raises the question, can I believe you with regards to Notty's gender? . . .or anyone on this thread? Think about that. What good is your or my or anyone's posts if they have no basis in fact? Yes, we can all lie, exaggerate and BS but SHOULD we? I for one do not/will not except when clearly joking or story telling (all stories are fun lies, yes?)

"I don't particularly recall earlier posts but imho you didn't even criticize Notty, unfairly or otherwise, you defended her by reminding that she's an amateur and shouldn't be held to the standards of AAA studios like some users seem to do."

Thank you for that observation. I did not/am not criticizing Notty for being an amateur. I am an amateur at VNs myself. I have a deep understanding of computing science history and love good story telling but am not a pro programmer. What fascinates me is the level of attention and the emotionalism given this project on this thread. I work with other Devs who's projects are as or more deserving but there it is. I keep asking why this excessive fascination with Heavy-five?

"Saying that most of her appeal is her attractiveness is insulting our intelligence and her work though. I think it comes down to semantics, had you used some instead of most I wouldn't have an issue."

Fair enough...but ask yourself, why DO we have a 1,000 + entry thread for a 3 chapter 2 year old VN/game of high visual quality and little/no plot progression if NOT for some OTHER element drawing people in to comments on it? Am I insulting the audience/posters to call that element "the dev's sex appeal" when it is the main difference I see--and when any mention of it brings out a lot of emotional ire from other posters? What else do you see? I'll listen. But in the meantime, the very type of reaction this observation gets strengthens the case, eg that it is not Notty herself, but most poster's being sold on her personally is what drives this thread. Now, if I'm wrong, most posters won't care or pay attention.

But I have to say, it is the best 'promotional schema' on F95 of any Dev as judged by the reaction it gets. My 'hat's off' to Notty for using it.

Now, if anyone wants, I'd rather talk about the plot so far and the one major flaw I've found in it, to wit, the dramatic landing scene at the outpost. Technically, I find it unbelievable. A damaged spaceship makes a miraculous landing from orbit onto a postage stamp landing pad. Allowing for the models Notty may have had to work with, regardless, I think that scenario still needs a major change to be believable.

Reactions: DirectXD1943

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017

"We know for a fact that Notty doesn't actually ressembles Becca has she admitted to have a lookalike in the game which isn't her but haven't disclosed the characters name."

I don't know, nor care much if Becca is / resembles Notty. I was pointing out that many of the posters on this thread seem to believe or act like they believe that Becca is or resembles Notty.

"You can drop the she/he nonsense has we've had several first person accounts confirming she's female. There even was a recording of her voice floating around at some point."

Ok, I'll take that at face value. With all the banter back and forth, I became doubtful. (see below)

"It's funny that you danced around her gender but got fooled by Anne O'nymous :D (don't worry, I thought he was female the first few interactions I had with him as well)."

Well, Since Anne O'nymous STATED 'she' was a 52 year old widow, I can be forgiven for that (if that is a) mistake? But that raises the question, can I believe you with regards to Notty's gender? . . .or anyone on this thread? Think about that. What good is your or my or anyone's posts if they have no basis in fact? Yes, we can all lie, exaggerate and BS but SHOULD we? I for one do not/will not except when clearly joking or story telling (all stories are fun lies, yes?)

"I don't particularly recall earlier posts but imho you didn't even criticize Notty, unfairly or otherwise, you defended her by reminding that she's an amateur and shouldn't be held to the standards of AAA studios like some users seem to do."

Thank you for that observation. I did not/am not criticizing Notty for being an amateur. I am an amateur at VNs myself. I have a deep understanding of computing science history and love good story telling but am not a pro programmer. What fascinates me is the level of attention and the emotionalism given this project on this thread. I work with other Devs who's projects are as or more deserving but there it is. I keep asking why this excessive fascination with Heavy-five?

"Saying that most of her appeal is her attractiveness is insulting our intelligence and her work though. I think it comes down to semantics, had you used some instead of most I wouldn't have an issue."

Fair enough...but ask yourself, why DO we have a 1,000 + entry thread for a 3 chapter 2 year old VN/game of high visual quality and little/no plot progression if NOT for some OTHER element drawing people in to comments on it? Am I insulting the audience/posters to call that element "the dev's sex appeal" when it is the main difference I see--and when any mention of it brings out a lot of emotional ire from other posters? What else do you see? I'll listen. But in the meantime, the very type of reaction this observation gets strengthens the case, eg that it is not Notty herself, but most poster's being sold on her personally is what drives this thread. Now, if I'm wrong, most posters won't care or pay attention.

But I have to say, it is the best 'promotional schema' on F95 of any Dev as judged by the reaction it gets. My 'hat's off' to Notty for using it.

Now, if anyone wants, I'd rather talk about the plot so far and the one major flaw I've found in it, to wit, the dramatic landing scene at the outpost. Technically, I find it unbelievable. A damaged spaceship makes a miraculous landing from orbit onto a postage stamp landing pad. Allowing for the models Notty may have had to work with, regardless, I think that scenario still needs a major change to be believable.
The 1000+ posts was from the good old days of Notty being active daily and interacting with her community by posting previews, chatting about theories and so forth. She was one of the most active devs in that regard basically being her own community manager. Having her own posts deleted for off topic several times was the straw that broke the camel's back and made her leave this forum (that and some users negativity and trolling). The thread doesn't have nearly the traffic it had in those days and now can go weeks without posts. Said posts being mostly whining about the development time and her loyal followers trying to explain the delay to no avail we can definitely say that the thread lost it's panache a long time ago.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019

Also note that this "little/no plot progression" is not entirely true, at least in terms of potential discussions. Because people can talk about what happened in several, different paths, and what to expect from them. It's not like a simpler game where you have just a couple of major choices in 3 chapters and the story discussion is limited to those 4 possible outcomes/paths still surrounded by great uncertainty. Here, some people can talk about Chris dom path, some other people can discuss Sarah's 'blackmail' path (or about her VR games, her weird fetishes and everything in between). Did you get Annie's frustrated blowjob or chose to pursue her 'spanking' path instead? Trisha's story changes a lot depending on your skin color, what is she up to? Did you watch the news? Could your sister be somehow related to them? And what about that odd freezer in the storage area? Why Mike and Marcus are acting so weird about it? Those are just a few examples: a couple of people talking about just one of them can make people who didn't find that content also ask about it, and the discussion can keep going on easily. Meanwhile, in this other more linear and simpler game, theories just die out after a few exchanges no matter how pretty the renders are, unless some very active individuals make an effort to keep the thread alive.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Also note that this "little/no plot progression" is not entirely true, at least in terms of potential discussions. Because people can talk about what happened in several, different paths, and what to expect from them.
Regarding this, the main possible routes so far are:
  • Chris as male sub MC ;
  • Chris as female MC ;
  • Annie as male MC ;
  • Annie as female MC ;
  • Sarah VR ;
  • Sarah CoC ;
  • Trish as male white MC ;
  • Trish as male black MC.

To this should be included the variations. Among them:
The VR route is as interesting when you win the fights than when you loose them.
With a female MC, it seem that Annie have a route where she'll be on the giving side, and one where she'll be on the receiving one.
Sarah also have her blackmail route ; who dared to do this to poor Sarah ?
If your male MC submitting to Chris, Trisha can jump in, and you'll have the possibility to be a good boy or bad boy.
And of course there's the most important of those variation: Software or hardware ?

Globally speaking, there's probably around 30 different main ways to play the game, and so 30 different main ways to live the story. And since all choice matters, there's details that you'll see or not depending what decision you made.
But don't be afraid by this apparent complexity. It's perfectly possible to enjoy the game with a single playthrough, and all the version are as valid as the others. There's surely one canon version of it, around which Notty based the game, but all the other versions are as valid as this one.
Be also noted that Notty planed to add on more action during the night. Therefore after the release of the chapter five it should be possible to group some playthroughs, having by example a drink with Chris, then later playing with Sarah.

There's also the notion of lore that enter in play.
Depending on the discussion you'll have with the characters, you'll learn different information. By example, asking the right question to Annie at the right moment (I don't remember the detail), you can learn that Sarah's clumsiness is so big that she was near to blow up the Intrepid.

All this imply that there's really matter to talk, exchange your own experience, and share what you learned on your playthrough with those who followed another route.
And of course there's the theories regarding what is happening on Ophion, what is Ophion, what happened to the Vanguard, why MC was called last minute on the mission, is Mike as dumb as he looks, and so on.

What is surprising is not that the thread have 1252 pages, but that it have only 1252 pages.

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
Well, Since Anne O'nymous STATED 'she' was a 52 year old widow, I can be forgiven for that (if that is a) mistake? But that raises the question, can I believe you with regards to Notty's gender? . . .or anyone on this thread? Think about that.
You make the mistake of drawing conclusions based on assumptions. If Anne O'nymous chose this nickname, he is probably a woman. If Nottravis' avatar is an attractive woman, then she is probably an attractive woman. By this logic, Oddball2k is Donald Sutherland, or at least a World War II veteran, NeimadFR is a woman with a moustache, and you are a real professor.
I don't know why Anne O'nymus chose this nickname. Maybe it's a joke. Maybe Anne was the name of his late wife. Maybe it's a pun on Anonymous. Or some other reason I don't know.

On the internet, a large font is usually used to emphasise the message. It's like someone shouting live. This led me to the erroneous conclusion that you are a violent troll. Now do you understand why these conversations are going in the wrong direction? We are all judging based on assumptions.

The same is true of the game. How did Chadwick land the damaged boat? I don't know, I don't know the full story. On that basis I cannot decide whether the scenario is wrong.

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
You make the mistake of drawing conclusions based on assumptions. If Anne O'nymous chose this nickname, he is probably a woman. If Nottravis' avatar is an attractive woman, then she is probably an attractive woman. By this logic, Oddball2k is Donald Sutherland, or at least a World War II veteran, NeimadFR is a woman with a moustache, and you are a real professor.
I don't know why Anne O'nymus chose this nickname. Maybe it's a joke. Maybe Anne was the name of his late wife. Maybe it's a pun on Anonymous. Or some other reason I don't know.

On the internet, a large font is usually used to emphasise the message. It's like someone shouting live. This led me to the erroneous conclusion that you are a violent troll. Now do you understand why these conversations are going in the wrong direction? We are all judging based on assumptions.

The same is true of the game. How did Chadwick land the damaged boat? I don't know, I don't know the full story. On that basis I cannot decide whether the scenario is wrong.
To be more correct I am a woman who stole Huitieme's moustache ;) (He never saw the razor coming)

anne O'nymous

Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
You make the mistake of drawing conclusions based on assumptions. [...]
And I'm not Thea Lundgren! is definitively her.

Maybe it's a pun on Anonymous. Or some other reason I don't know.
Those two.
I like the idea of being double anonymous thanks to the pun. And on Internet, even more on anonymous places like this forum, who and what you are doesn't matter. It's what you do/say that define you.

How did Chadwick land the damaged boat?
While I admit that drunk Annie look like a sailor, the Vanguard is a "ship", not "boat". And she landed it because she's Chris fucking Chadwick :love:

There's hint in the story explaining this. And it's really because she's her and an excellent pilot. With a so limited landing place, I'm not sure that many other V class pilots would have landed so "softly". What raise another question ; have the Vanguard really be sent because it was the only V class available ?
Of course, it's easy to know if another V class is available or not. But the schedule can have been manipulated, defined in such way that when the time came, the Vanguard and its crew was the only solution.

Obviously, this sound like a conspiracy, and why would there be a conspiracy ?
But in the same time, MC is last time called on the mission. Why him ? There's surely more than two engineer on the Intrepid, and some that are on waiting and not full off duty. And then when the Vanguard land on Ophion, surprise ! Among all the possible communication officer that the Iowa could have left, who do we find ? MC sister...
It starts to be a bit too many coincidences...

But knowing Notty, it can perfectly be just coincidences. Will we are looking in this direction, what are we missing that is happening in our back ?

Am I a reformed bastard if I tried the blackmail route but regretted it and never tried it again because it made me feel bad ?
No, the only way to leave the blackmail route is by being pew pew pewed by Annie and finding the only story game over.

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
While I admit that drunk Annie look like a sailor, the Vanguard is a "ship", not "boat".
Fair point, I wrote wrong.
(cough)
And she landed it because she's Chris fucking Chadwick
You know, with all due respect to the Goddess of the Air, but... Well, Becca is the one character who certainly won't shoot me in the back.
Obviously, this sound like a conspiracy, and why would there be a conspiracy ?
“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.” - Sherlock Holmes
Will we are looking in this direction, what are we missing that is happening in our back ?
You know what happened to Lot's wife when she turned back.
Am I a reformed bastard if I tried the blackmail route but regretted it and never tried it again because it made me feel bad ?
I see this as an interesting challenge. I have to identify with a character whose values are completely different from mine. And it's very funny when it turns out that being a harasser is not so easy...
Thea is dead, I saw it on the news!
So I can't be her...
"Does Big Brother exist?" ;)

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes