Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
About the "little/no plot progression", it all depends on how deep you are in the story telling and how deep your investigation for clues is performed.

Here is my questions about one of the principal characters of the game, the ship named Vanguard aka Vanny:

-Why refitting in a hurry the oldest Vclass ship available for the mission with a port engine near the TBO(Time Between Overhauls) limit?

-Why a flight with only "misfits" flight members with more or less reprimanded disclosed/undisclosed disciplinary actions by the Intrepid's court-martial?

-Were the Vanny, Chris, Annie and Sarah expendable just as the cargo, our MC included?

-Why no Nav officer on the flight?
Andy Jones(aka A. Jones aka Jonesy aka Caverns Master for Sarah) should have been part of the crew as usual, even if it was a simple resupply mission..

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I have a whole theory why this weak Nav hyperprocessor fried, to be continued with the release of the new chapter five and all the refreshed first four chapters... :cool:

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
In my humble opinion this story of "The game has a little/no plot progression" is a little bit strange. The plot is progressing in a similar way to "The good, the bad and the ugly", in which Sergio Leone spent the entire two hours of the movie (which is three hours long) to introduce the characters, the setting, the quest for the buried money and then he spent the last hour to solve the plot. I suppose in this game we will see something similar, in which the first (six/seven?) chapters will be used to introduce all the elements of the setting and the last four/three to see the ending.
Is it a slow development? Yes.
It is a bad development? No.

DirectXD1943

Dec 9, 2022
What are you talking about? She was ALWAYS the MC's sister.
As for the rest, she was always going to add those options, but didn't have the power at first.
Now you want her to start over in Unity? How would that speed anything up?

She never made any secret of her being a noob, and yet she is making Ren'Py do things that most people said was impossible. Best to let Notty and the people who are trying to pay her decide how it goes, and stop trying to backseat dev.
strange to call someone a "noob" who has been making the same game for 4 years. From her own words it sounds more like her perfectionism is her biggest weakness, and she on multiple occassions talks about how she's gone back to redo things that absolutely don't need to be redone. I found the game literally two days ago, but I can at least spend time reading her posts where she STATES IT ALL rather than using a seemingly overused excuse of her being a "noob" or "amateur".

I can respect someone who wants to make their vision come to life, but being a perfectionist isn't necessarily a positive thing. I don't think anyone can reasonably argue that the game and it's timeline is better off constantly being redone over and over and over again, when she could finish the game then work to remaster it after. She clearly sees this as making art over work, which is totally fine, but you're not going to make a lot of people happy when they're waiting years. No one goes "Oh, I love that George R R Martin hasn't written a book in over a decade", despite how you know he's going to write it well. At least there, a book isn't easily edited!

NeimadFR

Donor
Jul 1, 2017
strange to call someone a "noob" who has been making the same game for 4 years. From her own words it sounds more like her perfectionism is her biggest weakness, and she on multiple occassions talks about how she's gone back to redo things that absolutely don't need to be redone. I found the game literally two days ago, but I can at least spend time reading her posts where she STATES IT ALL rather than using a seemingly overused excuse of her being a "noob" or "amateur".

I can respect someone who wants to make their vision come to life, but being a perfectionist isn't necessarily a positive thing. I don't think anyone can reasonably argue that the game and it's timeline is better off constantly being redone over and over and over again, when she could finish the game then work to remaster it after. She clearly sees this as making art over work, which is totally fine, but you're not going to make a lot of people happy when they're waiting years. No one goes "Oh, I love that George R R Martin hasn't written a book in over a decade", despite how you know he's going to write it well. At least there, a book isn't easily edited!
I understand your opinion and actually share some of it. Yes she's too perfectionist for her own good but at this point we've accepted that it's her process and we can't change her.
As for releasing the full game before remastering it, I feel like you get one shot at making a good release. If you don't grab people with the initial release how many will care about the remaster? It's better to release it the way you want it to be in the first place.
In my opinion in the world of AVNs development we are privileged to see things that we never see in regular game development. It's never a straight line. You can have a bunch of version with a specific game mechanic and then realise there's a better way and redo it all. I think it happens more than we think but they don't tell us. With this type of development there's no hiding anything but we should treat it as a work in progress that can chaange drastically any moment until the final release.

kami shigiri

Mar 12, 2018
does anyone have an estimate as to when is it releasing cause we can't wait to see this masterpiece for ourselves i definately envy the testers of the game for sure

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes