Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
Eternity?
Welcome to our Clinic!
Have you been here before?

Sorry, we didn't well understand your one-page outdated and poorly phrased request for an appointment..
Is it for an Argument or Abuse?

We are sorry again, but our argument department's free trial is over, so..

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

drdredit

Jul 1, 2020
Just popping in here to get to three posts. Heavy Five is one of the only two AVNs I really enjoy, can't wait till Notti gets the remastering done (and I upgrade my potatoe so I can play them... sigh... the computer is hella old and the gpu died a millenia ago).

Hey Oddball, yer sigline is pretty swank!
If you hold your breath for this one you will definitely suffocate.

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
I've followed Heavy Five off and on since chapter 1 and been a patreon for two years now. I know what to expect and I have patience.
Oh, so this drdredit responded to your previous post then.. Thanks to Hullahopp, I have a good idea about his post contents(cause of Ignore List, and that)...

You deserve a special handshake for your answer, sir..

Last edited:

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Here it´s a comparison, side by side, of images of chapter one in the 4R and in the actual version.

Obviously, the images on the actual version are better. Not going to argue about it.
But it´s the difference worth the long delay?

Obviously the answer of the developer would be a "yes".

But there are people (me included) that things that "Perfect its a deadly enemy of Good Enough". And the images of the 4R versions seems good enough to me. I have played the actual version and played, right after finishing the run, the first 2 chapters of the 4R and (with the exception of the console) the enjoyment of the game have been in the same ballpark.

It is what it is, and it´s the developer game, not mine. I just hope that this would be the definitive run.

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
Well, I will try to be brief..

Here it´s a comparison, side by side, of images of chapter one in the 4R and in the actual version.

Obviously, the images on the actual version are better. Not going to argue about it.
Trying to summarize "the long delay"(your words) by only the animations' comparison between Chap1R and Chap1RS is not a valuable argument, obviously.

But there are people (me included) that things that "Perfect its a deadly enemy of Good Enough". And the images of the 4R versions seems good enough to me. I have played the actual version and played, right after finishing the run, the first 2 chapters of the 4R and (with the exception of the console) the enjoyment of the game have been in the same ballpark.
Yep, exactly!
There are people(you included) who will deny or fail to recognize, no matter what, the contents of this public change log on Patreon, and probably outdated by now:

Your wording "the run" must denote that you're not familiar with this particular game. Your personal walkthrough of this game's universe can be anything you want, but not something rushed or you will only scratch its surface, in the best scenario...

It is what it is, and it´s the developer game, not mine. I just hope that this would be the definitive run.
Do you know the wording Final cuts?
I strongly believe it is hers about all the previous Chapters R, believe someone who is very well-informed about the development of Heavy Five.

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017

In my opinion absolutely not. Some new animations, a totally avoidable tutorial and some new scenes, which don't add nothing new to the story, don't justify a more than two years long delay of this fifth chapter. If Notty would have completed a first version of her game and then she would have started to release its remastered version with new scenes, new dialogues, new animations and an improved animation, it would be definitely worthy; but it isn't so.

Last edited:

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
In my opinion absolutely not. Some new animations, a totally avoidable tutorial and some new scenes, which don't add nothing new to the story, don't justify a more than two years long delay of this fifth chapter. If Notty would have completed a first version of her game and then she would have started to release its remastered version with new scenes, new dialogues, new animations and an improved animation, it would be definitely worthy; but it isn't so.
Well, that's a convenient opinion that miss-informed or IWantItNow or WhatEver people, here on F95z, share.
No more doublespeak from you, finally..

Omitting the reasons WHY this 22 months delay happened, at start and after, is your last gross mistake, to me.. Bye! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
Actually I don't care if Notty will delay the release for anther two years (read the last sentence in my signature) or not; even if I think her game is one of the three best games in this forum. I'm simply stating my opinion about the result of this delay and there is nothing wrong in this: the purpose of a forum exists to discuss (respectfully and politely) about different opinions on a certain topic, not to avoid people who don't think like us.

Last edited:

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Actually I don't care if Notty will delay the release for anther two years (read the last sentence in my signature) or not. I'm simply stating my opinion about the result of this delay and there is nothing wrong in this: the purpose of a forum exists to discuss (respectfully and politely) about different opinions on a certain topic, not to avoid people who don't think like us.

EDIT
Anyway I have already stated various times her game is really good (one of the three best in this forum), so I will continue to play her game and post in this thread; there isn't any reason to don't do that.
It also helps to be informed about the actual circumstances before stating those opinions, and mention them if you do know those circumstances, unless your intention was to mislead others by not mentioning them. It's not a 2 years hiatus just to remake what was already remade before. Sure, if you only take the few changes shown on that clip no wonder some people will say 'It's not worth the 2 years delay'. But all this fuss started with a severe car crash that left her in bed and in pain for many months with very little else to do than think about the things she could change and improve, and then she told her (then not)paying supporters that this would be the perfect time to work on those changes. It's been basically a year's work, not 2, and obviously the clip doesn't reflect the actual extent of those changes. And it's not only what has been added (a total UI revamp, which as a fan translator I can assure you it needs many hours of work only to fill it with content, plus all the graphic design and coding) but it's also what has been cut off, like the immersion-breaking scenes with the dev's avatar during interludes between chapters (which makes the 'avoidable tutorial', as you call it, a mandatory thing to do). It seems we are going to get an objectively improved version of the game, at the exact cost of 0 as we haven't been charged a penny from April 2022 till this very same month. So yeah, it sucks to wait, but it's almost over now.

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
Can I remember you I am one of the guys who have always defended Notty for what happened to her and how she menaged that situation? When I have written about the two years of delay, I was referring to the possible release date of the fifth chapter, because if yout think about it, you will find out the fifth chapter should be released three years after the fourth; more or less. But due to the facts you have pointed out, I have subtract a year to that delay.

Amanwholive

Mar 30, 2018
Just remembering that this same month has been charged so you can all stop counting with the money excuse.

I really hope something gets released this month, if not... well, just say that I will be more active here if that happens.

• Haha
Reactions: Hullahopp

brody990

Jun 11, 2017
Just remembering that this same month has been charged so you can all stop counting with the money excuse.

I really hope something gets released this month, if not... well, just say that I will be more active here if that happens.
Will you be less active here when it gets released so we dont have to go round in circles ever 10 posts? Notty always said the plan was to release in feb because the voicework wasnt going to be done in jan, she wouldn't turn charges back on if she wasn't going to release. Its a good sign.

Amanwholive

Mar 30, 2018
Will you be less active here when it gets released so we dont have to go round in circles ever 10 posts? Notty always said the plan was to release in feb because the voicework wasnt going to be done in jan, she wouldn't turn charges back on if she wasn't going to release. Its a good sign.
Notty always said = since last month :ROFLMAO:

This chapter was planned to release many times starting from march 2022 (yeah yeah many things happened).

Her words about date releases means nothing at this point, maybe this time she want to add something important like "blink eyes sync", we dont know...

And my point was that if she start to charge and gets nothing released I will stop to give her money for nothing and be more active here, even if its for going around in circles, just like the development of this game.

Reactions: Alexxx888

evileeyore

Aug 15, 2023
Notty always said = since last month :ROFLMAO:
False. Notty has been saying for at least a year that she won't turn on Patreon funding until she has a release in the can.

...it's also what has been cut off, like the immersion-breaking scenes with the dev's avatar during interludes between chapters...
As a fan of those scenes, I'm going to miss them.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
As a fan of those scenes, I'm going to miss them.
There will be a new intro, so it's not that you won't see them any more. Their roles have changed, on the up side, that means they are real characters now, so might get featured in Bored Pilot or something. There is hope for Fred Janeboffer yet. XD

Amanwholive

Mar 30, 2018
False. Notty has been saying for at least a year that she won't turn on Patreon funding until she has a release in the can.
False is your text comprehension, I am talking about "Notty always said the plan was to release in feb because the voicework wasnt going to be done in jan", not the money part. I just mentioned it on the next line, come on...

Reactions: Whosbeenfappin
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes