Amanwholive

Mar 30, 2018
...what do you think the 'E' in 'ETA' actually stands for? :unsure:
Oh, here comes the smart guy. Yes, it means estimated, but let me tell you what estimaded means: roughly calculated; approximate.
So, its non applicable to many months or even years of delays. When you tell me something is going to be ready tomorrow but its done 3 months later you are not estimating anything, you are just lying on my face. And it is even worse when that exactly has happened many times before.

Reactions: Aurelius Ambrosius

reiterhaniwa

Apr 16, 2019
Oh, here comes the smart guy. Yes, it means estimated, but let me tell you what estimaded means: roughly calculated; approximate.
So if you agree that estimates are by definition imprecise, why are you so aggrieved that they aren't "met"? Does it not follow that this is an inherent risk of making an estimate?
Amanwholive said:
So, its non applicable to many months or even years of delays.
Please, explain that one for me.

Eventual, I think... at least in this case.
You know what they say - expect nothing and you'll never be disappointed!

Reactions: Jaun Karr

Amanwholive

Mar 30, 2018
So if you agree that estimates are by definition imprecise, why are you so aggrieved that they aren't "met"? Does it not follow that this is an inherent risk of making an estimate?

Please, explain that one for me.

You know what they say - expect nothing and you'll never be disappointed!
If you failed a estimated release date by years and you still think that that estimation was correct to made, let me tell you that I am not the bad guy here. And I think my example was the best explanation to understand it, I dont know what do you want me to explain more.

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
If you failed a estimated release date by years and you still think that that estimation was correct to made, let me tell you that I am not the bad guy here. And I think my example was the best explanation to understand it, I dont know what do you want me to explain more.
Aww, sorry.. We didn't know?!

No short-term memory, so cannot form new memories since at least a couple of years.. Must be hell, take care of yourself...

Reactions: Jaun Karr

Kagarus

Sep 28, 2017
Damn, I actually nearly spat out my coffee.
You make estimates with your understanding of the facts at the time and the plans for the release.
Your understanding might be wrong (damn, creating a new monster actually takes way longer than expected), the facts might change (sudden changes in the health environment having drastic effects on productivity), plans might change (actually this system we thought of as really cool... isn't fun. Let's try something else).
Here's the thing: Estimated release dates being off months or years is... ridiculously common. You usually hear of them as "X delayed until Y!" headlines, and those are just the official, external estimated release dates, which because failing to meet them does carry some higher cost (marketing might need to be rescheduled, you might lose some investor confidence, etc) are usually only declared if you're rather confident in them; the ones you don't hear about - internal release date targets - are missed even more routinely.
That's true from the largest AAA games over small indie teams to single-developer hobby projects.
So no, you're not the bad guy here, just someone who's seems ignorant about game development?

But yes, you should wait and see - not because of any insinuations that the game actually secretly doesn't exist, but because what other options are there? It's not like you can rush out and PREORDER NOW! Testers can test, of course, but that's not the target audience of that suggestion - but what can the others do except some form of wait? Wait while watching the thread, wait while expecting or not expecting to see chapter 5 pop up on the latest updates, wait while drawing fanart or wait while engaging in some sort of low-level flame war insisting that it's all a scam.

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
Sure, when he makes a guess its an educated guess but when I am the one making it, taking in consideration devs past, I am just a troll. And who still believes in her word when 99% of her ETAs were wrong?
The problem is not with your assumptions, but with your style. The purpose of trolling is to PROVOKE others and GENERATE DEBATE.

If someone writes that, according to their ESTIMATE, the game will be released in xy month, you immediately jump and accuse that person of lying and bias.
And you're doing all this on a PIRATE site, in a thread labeled ABANDONED, against a developer who DOESN'T accept money. What would you call this?

Of course you're not a troll, nope. You just look a lot like them.

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
So, its non applicable to many months or even years of delays. When you tell me something is going to be ready tomorrow but its done 3 months later you are not estimating anything, you are just lying on my face. And it is even worse when that exactly has happened many times before.
let it go...some dev's knights will defend what is undefensible till the end

Jun 7, 2023
Oh, Hello there Osama aka Whos now, our serial facepalmer in this thread.

Was it one of your 2023 new year's good resolution to terminate your previous F95 account, or else the Moderation did it for you?

Stultorum numerus est infinitus...

Who are you? Besides Donald Sutherland's less talented son. And who is Osama?

Amanwholive

Mar 30, 2018
It seems that I have some work accumulated here, my words seem to have really hurt some of you. I'm going to ignore some "special" guys and answer some of you who have tried to bring some seriousness here.

Damn, I actually nearly spat out my coffee.
You make estimates with your understanding of the facts at the time and the plans for the release.
Your understanding might be wrong (damn, creating a new monster actually takes way longer than expected), the facts might change (sudden changes in the health environment having drastic effects on productivity), plans might change (actually this system we thought of as really cool... isn't fun. Let's try something else).
Here's the thing: Estimated release dates being off months or years is... ridiculously common. You usually hear of them as "X delayed until Y!" headlines, and those are just the official, external estimated release dates, which because failing to meet them does carry some higher cost (marketing might need to be rescheduled, you might lose some investor confidence, etc) are usually only declared if you're rather confident in them; the ones you don't hear about - internal release date targets - are missed even more routinely.
That's true from the largest AAA games over small indie teams to single-developer hobby projects.
So no, you're not the bad guy here, just someone who's seems ignorant about game development?

But yes, you should wait and see - not because of any insinuations that the game actually secretly doesn't exist, but because what other options are there? It's not like you can rush out and PREORDER NOW! Testers can test, of course, but that's not the target audience of that suggestion - but what can the others do except some form of wait? Wait while watching the thread, wait while expecting or not expecting to see chapter 5 pop up on the latest updates, wait while drawing fanart or wait while engaging in some sort of low-level flame war insisting that it's all a scam.
I can agree with you only if we are talking about a large dev teams where a single change could take months to be done cause there are many people involved on that, here we have a single dev that makes everything and specially, in this case, knows that the project is having a huge delay rn. And I am not an ignorant about game development, and just you thinking that seems the problem here, you guys think you can compare this project to games from companies like Nintendo, Ubisoft and so, where is pretty frequent to see delays because of my 1st point said here.

About your second point, of course the only thing I can do is wait, the problem is I AM TIRED OF WAITING.

The problem is not with your assumptions, but with your style. The purpose of trolling is to PROVOKE others and GENERATE DEBATE.

If someone writes that, according to their ESTIMATE, the game will be released in xy month, you immediately jump and accuse that person of lying and bias.
And you're doing all this on a PIRATE site, in a thread labeled ABANDONED, against a developer who DOESN'T accept money. What would you call this?

Of course you're not a troll, nope. You just look a lot like them.
I just told him to stop trying to convince people to think that everything is going fine, at that time we already knew that she was having problems with certain things, so it was pretty obvious that it was going to be delayed again. Could I have been a bit aggresive? maybe, but that guy is not Mother Teresa so...

The problem with you guys is that you live on a bubble where everything about this game is perfect. You have taken 1 year to make a HUD? good job. You just makes 20x more renders than you have originally planned? You are the best. We have been in a streak delay for 2 years but you now decided to include VA in the worst moment possible? Great.
And then when someone come by and tell you how wrong many things have been done you think he is a troll.

And about your last point, I dont see the point talking about money now (btw there is not an Abandoned tag in this thread). But do you think something will change if I say the same thing on discord? You all will just tell me the same thing and there I even have the risk of being banned, seeing how you guys are here, technically, without any power.

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
(btw there is not an Abandoned tag in this thread)
True, I was wrong, that tag has been removed.

Could I have been a bit aggresive? maybe, but that guy is not Mother Teresa so...
I made the style comment because you get back what you gave. Politeness is free.

The problem with you guys is that you live on a bubble where everything about this game is perfect.
Your hand is empty. I've told many here, these debates have no stakes for us. When the game is done, we win. If not, we have lost nothing.

my words seem to have really hurt some of you.
Don't worry, there have been a lot of different people here since 2019, there have been misunderstandings before. There have been many trolls, inquisitors, self-proclaimed heroes and castrated choirboys, but nevertheless, we are here. We are used to them, they are actually harmless.

I AM TIRED OF WAITING
I believe you. So what? There's nothing you can do. You wait or you leave the thread, it's all the same to us. You can defeat a god by eliminating his religion. But the developer is not a god, this game is not a religion, and we are not a cult, regardless of what some people think. The subsidies are suspended, Nottravis is not present in this place, and you can withdraw trust from her in vain, she doesn't care. She is completely independent of you, of us, of everyone. That's why I said: your hand is empty.

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
It means that even if the old saves work we have to replay from the start to see what was added? I wouldn't mind, personally.
I definitely recommend that you should replay Heavy Five from the start.
Don't hesitate to erase your C:\Users\{yourloginname}\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\HeavyFive-1539847940 folder before any play of Chap5RS.

Godspeed in advance, role-play your MC as you like and always remember, ACIO.. Any Choice Is Optional, before you do choose! :);)

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
:eek:
Again? We had to replay the game from the start a first time when it was released the first remastered version of this game, a second when it was released the re-remastered version of this game (seven months ago circa) and now do we have to replay the game from the start for the third time?
Notty really needs to learn how to develop a project.

Reactions: Whosbeenfappin

brody990

Jun 11, 2017
:eek:
Again? We had to replay the game from the start a first time when it was released the first remastered version of this game, a second when it was released the re-remastered version of this game (seven months ago circa) and now do we have to replay the game from the start for the third time?
Notty really needs to learn how to develop a project.
You dont have to do anything but its best to if you want to see the new content. Not really something to get mad about.

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
Eternity?
Welcome to our Clinic!
Have you been here before?

Sorry, we didn't well understand your one-page outdated and poorly phrased request for an appointment..
Is it for an Argument or Abuse?

We are sorry again, but our argument department's free trial is over, so..

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes