Jul 19, 2020
I cant imagine how things are going to go when (if) Notty finally finishes things up and gets back to the point of having to make new chapters. Not only with each one now requiring more and more thought and work for all the different divergences and character options, but now they will also need to match the quality and polish of the ReRemasters. Which will have had like three years worth of testing, additions, revisions and refinements compared to anything she comes up with after chapter 4.

brody990

Jun 11, 2017
I cant imagine how things are going to go when (if) Notty finally finishes things up and gets back to the point of having to make new chapters. Not only with each one now requiring more and more thought and work for all the different divergences and character options, but now they will also need to match the quality and polish of the ReRemasters. Which will have had like three years worth of testing, additions, revisions and refinements compared to anything she comes up with after chapter 4.
Chapter 5 is coming out with the chapter 4 remaster in February.

Reactions: Jaun Karr

JoshuaTree89

Apr 7, 2020
What is so difficult about not giving a shit about good project planning and a reliable release cycle? For perfectionists in particular, and this developer clearly suffers from this impairment, the real challenge is to actually finish something.

There is no reason to gloss over this. In doing so, all you are doing is to glorifying failure. If this game should have an actual chance to be finished some day, the developer needs encouragement to actually finish something, and not to throw it over and over again from scratch.
I think most people who are patiently waiting for C5 do give a shit about those things; we just understand that they're not the end all, be all. Notty had a series of unfortunate events, to coin a phrase, and decided in the midst of recovery that there were things that needed improvement, things in the game that just didn't work (the framing scenes for example).

The main reasons I still believe in this project and its author are twofold. First, she hasn't been charging her patrons. That's big. She's not raking in the funds to support the overhaul, believing that she should wait until the next new chapter comes out. I respect that a hell of a lot.

The second reason is that she has hired a manager to basically keep her on course from here-on. He's already told her that she has to totally drop a planned route in Chapter 6 which would have required a lot of dev time for little payout. Notty said it killed her to do so, but you know. Gotta kill your darlings some time. I also think that both this voice and her patrons/fans are not going to "let" Notty, say, revamp the whole entire thing AGAIN. Like, if Notty were to announce on Discord that she's decided that there needs to be mini-games in every chapter that will take another year of production with no genuine new content, I'd tell her she was nuts and would end my patronage, whether it were being charged or not. Personally I don't expect that to happen because I believe she's more disciplined than that. If I'm wrong or if I'm right, time will tell.

Jul 19, 2020
Chapter 5 is coming out with the chapter 4 remaster in February.

Oh thats encouraging, if it comes to pass then we just need to wait for the chapter 5 remasters after that rather than the first release too!

Well I do hope she has gotten everything together and isnt going to fall into the procrastination trap again, despite the issues when I played it those many many months ago it was pretty unique so I look forward to seeing it again.

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
That's curious, among the Germans, this need to make sentences.. About perfectionism and failure :sneaky:

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
I think most people who are patiently waiting for C5 do give a shit about those things; we just understand that they're not the end all, be all. Notty had a series of unfortunate events, to coin a phrase, and decided in the midst of recovery that there were things that needed improvement, things in the game that just didn't work (the framing scenes for example).

The main reasons I still believe in this project and its author are twofold. First, she hasn't been charging her patrons. That's big. She's not raking in the funds to support the overhaul, believing that she should wait until the next new chapter comes out. I respect that a hell of a lot.

The second reason is that she has hired a manager to basically keep her on course from here-on. He's already told her that she has to totally drop a planned route in Chapter 6 which would have required a lot of dev time for little payout. Notty said it killed her to do so, but you know. Gotta kill your darlings some time. I also think that both this voice and her patrons/fans are not going to "let" Notty, say, revamp the whole entire thing AGAIN. Like, if Notty were to announce on Discord that she's decided that there needs to be mini-games in every chapter that will take another year of production with no genuine new content, I'd tell her she was nuts and would end my patronage, whether it were being charged or not. Personally I don't expect that to happen because I believe she's more disciplined than that. If I'm wrong or if I'm right, time will tell.
Let's wait and see. On the Internet, I made a habit of relying primarily on what is actually available and verifiable and not what is claimed. I don't simply believe that there is a manager or that there really will be more chapters to play at some point. All I wanted to say is that it's a stupid idea to gloss over all the delays of this developer. Fewer excuses, more actual content updates would be the right way forward. The fact that this game has been going round in circles with the same chapters again and again is a bad sign and not a good one.

JoshuaTree89

Apr 7, 2020
Let's wait and see.
Yes, precisely what I said, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

On the Internet, I made a habit of relying primarily on what is actually available and verifiable and not what is claimed. I don't simply believe that there is a manager or that there really will be more chapters to play at some point.
Shrug emoji. I mean, at this point "I don't believe any of what Notty is claiming" basically shuts down any further discussion, doesn't it? I've corresponded with her and she seems genuine to me, I've seen portions of the chapters to come and so I absolutely believe that Chapters >4 are coming, (and the pause in Patreon billing IS verifiable) but if your perspective is one of complete skepticism, then what point even being a part of the conversation here?

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
Yes, precisely what I said, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Shrug emoji. I mean, at this point "I don't believe any of what Notty is claiming" basically shuts down any further discussion, doesn't it? I've corresponded with her and she seems genuine to me, I've seen portions of the chapters to come and so I absolutely believe that Chapters >4 are coming, (and the pause in Patreon billing IS verifiable) but if your perspective is one of complete skepticism, then what point even being a part of the conversation here?
At a certain point, it is important to show actual progress rather than always talking about why it is not "yet" possible. It doesn't help if additional claims about "portions of the chapters to come" are made here by others that are once again unverifiable for the rest of us.

Ultimately, however, my main point was to make it clear that throwing something overboard again and again is not a sign of strength, but a sign of weakness.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I would love to take Chris on a date.
I can imagine holding her beautiful & delicate hand the entire time.

She is such a stunning woman.

• Hey there
Reactions: Oddball2k

Amanwholive

Mar 30, 2018
"She seems genuine to me" = trust me bro. Maybe there are a few skeptical because after making us wait for more than 2 years and telling us now that she get a manager to take control of the situation she just come with another idea: "What if I add VA to each chapter to delay it more?"

She even will now make lip syncing for something that I (personal opinion) will turn off the moment I start to play.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
"She seems genuine to me" = trust me bro. Maybe there are a few skeptical because after making us wait for more than 2 years and telling us now that she get a manager to take control of the situation she just come with another idea: "What if I add VA to each chapter to delay it more?"

She even will now make lip syncing for something that I (personal opinion) will turn off the moment I start to play.
For me, I don't care because (a) her Patreons are not being charged until an update comes out, and (b) I'm not one of those Patreons.

If and when a update drops here, all fine and dandy. Expect the worst, pray for the best (all while costing me nothing, so I ain't gonna complain).

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
I'm sorry, but could someone please explain what is what?
Everything here is terribly unclear and lacks a proper description.

The topic is called Heavy Five [Ch.2RS]
The changelog says that the current version is CH.4
The download links are for the CH.2 version.
Below that are the links for the CH.4 version.

Why would CH2 take precedence over CH4 and why is the topic still called CH2 when CH4 already exists?
Did the author start the development again from the beginning and gradually remaster what he did before?

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
Yes, the author has started the development from the beginning and she will gradually remaster everything. In fact we are awaiting for the rs-release of the chapters 3, 4 and 5.

Edvin

Jun 3, 2017
Yes, the author has started the development from the beginning and she will gradually remaster everything. In fact we are awaiting for the rs-release of the chapters 3, 4 and 5.
So the next release will include chapters 1-5, all in the remastered edition?

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
If I remember correctly what Notty has said, he next update will include the chapter three and maybe the chapter four, while the chapter five will be released later.

Reactions: Edvin

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
So the next release will include chapters 1-5, all in the remastered edition?
To be honest, it's probably best to just wait and see, especially with developers who have proven to be unreliable. With this game, in addition, there is always the possibility that the developer writes that everything has to be redeveloped, again. If I have understood correctly, this is now the third attempt. There is also a possibility that nothing will be delivered at all. It all started well, but perfectionism somehow drove the project against a wall.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes