Joker Jack

Aug 9, 2022
Before i give it a go, is this game grindy and all that sandbox shit,, sandbox is not my really my cup of tea but due to the positive reviews i see I'm debating whether to give this one a try

Reactions: Whosbeenfappin

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Before i give it a go, is this game grindy and all that sandbox shit,, sandbox is not my really my cup of tea but due to the positive reviews i see I'm debating whether to give this one a try
It's not exactly a sandbox but there are some free-roam sections in which you decide where to go and what to focus on in order to solve the mystery and build up relationships. Also, I'd wait a bit since the game is allegedly getting a major update in a couple of weeks or so that will probably increase the currently playable content by 2x or more.

Kagarus

Sep 28, 2017
So, to get back on topic, any news regarding the update? There was a patreon-only post 3 days ago, which I don't think has been touched upon here.

evileeyore

Aug 15, 2023
Before i give it a go, is this game grindy and all that sandbox shit..
"Grindy" is the exact opposite of how I'd describe the game and it's less sandbox than 'free roam'. You have locations you can travel to and missions you can chose, and making those choices will lock out other locations (at those time slots) and missions, so you can (and will) miss things.

But that's intended, as you play through you're picking a path*, and there are a bunch of paths with a bunch branches.

The only way it could be grindy is if you replay it making all the same choices over and over and over again... and that doesn't make much sense to me.

* You're actually following several paths at once, wind in and around each other, but there are as many other paths you do not have time to pursue at the same time, so ideally you be able to play 3-4 times† and find new content on each playthrough.

† Probably even more, but right now it "feels' like you could get all the content in 5 playthroughs, maybe 3 if you are super efficient and know exactly what to do on each run.

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
You did NOT misunderstand anything!
I had a bet it wouldn't happen...that 3 wouldn't make December and 4 wouldn't be out by February. Now we're told Chapts 3-5 will be out in March.
Why should we believe that? She consistently slips release dates!

This is all just a big tease! That's what this feels like to me. We are on page 600+ of a thread of guys who've been waiting years for the next development of a game that still isn't past Ch. 2!!
i said this years ago when the curse of remake hit...and all knight defending dev said bad things to me...after 2 years i see i was right...

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
I played this game 2-3 years ago, decided to play it again, and found that there was even less content in the game than there was before:ROFLMAO:
The game is interesting, no doubt, but why isn't it developing at all?
Are there any personal problems with the developer?
seen any outstanding improvment respect the old version?

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
View attachment 3405194

Damn, another one already!
Moreover, he thinks that he is a victim.. Did he really laugh to Notty's health problems, as his reaction to the latest post of Idontplay shows on top of the page?! :censored:
"When the lion is sick, the hyenas laugh."

Excuse this immature remark, but without flint, steel does not sparkle. I mean, other threads have such ingenious and funny trolls, it's almost a pleasure to bicker with them. And we have to settle for hysterical goofballs... I'll make a complaint! Where is the intellectual challenge here?! :FacePalm:

• Sad
Reactions: indio68

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
To be honest, I can't think of anything that stands out as an outstanding improvement. But that's just my opinion.
exactly...all this time wasted for? but i see all the knight popping out..so better if i leave it ..nothing good coming from here anyways

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
I think he was talking about the progression of the story.
Not sure about that.. When previous saves from the chapters R are still compatible with the chapters RS, no one expects a progression on the story in chapters 1RS-4RS.

There's an outstanding improvement meant for people like him in the RS versions.. And something he was asking for:
i'm really wainting for a better UI and a good How to do UI ...cuz u are lost sometimes...
And guess what? He was too blind to see that:

screenshot0009.jpg

And for his "How to do UI" request, it's an Adult Game with all what it implies: role-play your MC as you wish, and you're left alone to do so.

evileeyore

Aug 15, 2023
Damn, another one already!
Moreover, he thinks that he is a victim.. Did he really laugh to Notty's health problems, as his reaction to the latest post of Idontplay shows on top of the page?! :censored:
Might be one of those cornspiracy types who believe Notty is "just stringing everyone along" for no financial gain and thus firmly suspect/believe that the car accident and pnuemonia events were "just excuses".

i know theres been a couple patreon posts recently, anything to do with dates at all?
No firm dates becuase 2 of the setback issues (of the four setbacks) aren't the type you can throw dates at. The issues are (IIRC) the bug Notty used to use to do good lighting in Daz has been patched so all the prior scenes had to be rerendered to make the lighting look correct with the old and new scenes (which is now done - the 4090 is that fast), two scenes heavily relied on random number generation and Ren'Py is garbage at random numbers (one of these is resolved by simply returning the scene to dialogue choices by the Player), and I can't remember the fourth... I wanna say it was another rendering bottleneck which is close to resolved.

brody990

Jun 11, 2017
Might be one of those cornspiracy types who believe Notty is "just stringing everyone along" for no financial gain and thus firmly suspect/believe that the car accident and pnuemonia events were "just excuses".

No firm dates becuase 2 of the setback issues (of the four setbacks) aren't the type you can throw dates at. The issues are (IIRC) the bug Notty used to use to do good lighting in Daz has been patched so all the prior scenes had to be rerendered to make the lighting look correct with the old and new scenes (which is now done - the 4090 is that fast), two scenes heavily relied on random number generation and Ren'Py is garbage at random numbers (one of these is resolved by simply returning the scene to dialogue choices by the Player), and I can't remember the fourth... I wanna say it was another rendering bottleneck which is close to resolved.

cool, gonna jump on the patreon again once chapter 5 is out so i didnt see the patreon only updates on the issues.

Reactions: reiterhaniwa

evileeyore

Aug 15, 2023
No firm dates becuase 2 of the setback issues (of the four setbacks) aren't the type you can throw dates at.
I took a minute and went and grabbed quotes:

The two rendering issues:
"Out of the "big four" problems I mentioned earlier this week, two have already been dealt with. Trisha, for both chapters, has now been fully re-rendered. More than that, both scenes ended up slightly extended and are now a whopping 5,733 and 3,745 renders respectively giving you a full five minutes of animated Trisha goodness. Not only are the scenes now longer but having been forced to change the lighting, they also look so much better as well. The incredible thing, and the thing that is making me slightly giddy, is that by throwing the powah of the 4090 and the 3090 at the problem, I managed to make close to 10,000 renders in just ten days. That's just staggering from my perspective.

The only thing left for me to do for Trisha is to re-run the stills. But that's a nothing job. If it takes me a day, I'll have been slacking off (all I have to do is load the files into the 4090, swap out the lighting set and hit render. Which with the 4090's heft I'm talking just over a minute per render...). So with the refreshed animations built, a quick quality check, and I can get those to the VA, add some SFX and it's job done."

One of the two other issues:
"The second problem resolved was Amanda's coding. I've unwound the overly complex code that was in there and defaulted to something more traditional via menu picks.

It took a bit of time, and I need to throw it at the testers still (I'm happy enough with it now and she's behaving - or at least as well as Amanda would), but in essence it's done. It took me most of the week as it is a surprisingly big scene under the hood coming in close to 80 per cent of the size of Chapter One. That doesn't mean you or your MC will be stuck with her for ages, however. You can go in, have dinner, do your social obligations and get out again. The reason it's so large is for those of you who wish to linger and you can end up talking to her for some time (and also get horribly drunk to if you wish...)."

Problem four is a strip poker minigame with (I think) Chris, It's a knottier problem because it has to use a random number generator and, as mentioned, Ren'Py is shite for this. The previous update Notty said she'd be trying different weighted algorithms until she finds one that works and makes the game "feel organic enough" to be good to go (or I mean something like that, any discussion of math makes my tiny gorgeous hunky manflesh brain glaze over). No further update on this issue at thsi time.

JD59

Jun 20, 2018
i said this years ago when the curse of remake hit...and all knight defending dev said bad things to me...after 2 years i see i was right...
You're aware she had a car crash and pneumonia, right ? There are things she can't control.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes