Abîme

Sep 27, 2018
*laughs*

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Righties, so it's out tomorrow one way or the other. I'm probs going to take a few days away from the keyboard after that for a variety of reasons. Mainly my sanity :)

Now just to be clear on one thing? I won't be popping Chapter Two up here tomorrow. Obvs I can't stop anyone one else from doing so of course and although ultimately the game is free, but as far as I'm concerned I've had some guys and gals drop me some cash for a months early access and I won't betray that.

That doesn't mean I won't, when I pop back in, be happy to discuss it. That is, after all part of the fun. I'l also be curious of what some of you make of some the character development we've had.
Suddenly, I need a FrenchMaid :sneaky:

Illuminati

Dec 7, 2017
@Nottravis If you want to upgrade your pc for work better, a graphic card is not the first thing you must buy to improve rendering.

If I'm not wrong, you had a 6gb 1060? It's enough, you should had a good cpu, because all rendering stuff is made by It, and your i3 (Did you have an i3? I don't remember very well) It's too soft for this kind of work.

A good gpu is good to play games, but to develop stuff, the main stone is a strong cpu.

Reactions: Nottravis

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
@Nottravis If you want to upgrade your pc for work better, a graphic card is not the first thing you must buy to improve rendering.

If I'm not wrong, you had a 6gb 1060? It's enough, you should had a good cpu, because all rendering stuff is made by It, and your i3 (Did you have an i3? I don't remember very well) It's too soft for this kind of work.

A good gpu is good to play games, but to develop stuff, the main stone is a strong cpu.
As far as I know, you can choose whether to render with a GPU or a CPU, while the GPU is a lot faster. She has 2gb 1050 as I recall.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018

Your last sentence is only partly right. There are games that need not only a strong gpu but also a strong cpu. Especially when you go into the MMORPG segment you'll need both.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017

No.no. I'm looking to -upgrade- to a 6gb card! :)

All of this is done on a 2gb card at the moment which is why rendering is such a bitch. I have to -really- careful else daz defaults to CPU which is like a render a day...

But advice noted. Thank you.

Illuminati

Dec 7, 2017
Your last sentence is only partly right. There are games that need not only a strong gpu but also a strong cpu. Especially when you go into the MMORPG segment you'll need both.
I know, there are a lot of cpu demand games, specially in these years with ryzen and i7-9, but I didn't want to write more away than a simple advice. English isn't my native language so sometimes, write and develop about somethings is a pain in the ass for me so I have to specif my sentences and not develop them so much.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes