somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
*wonders if she should invite letters from patrons?*
My opinion is yes and no.

Sure it would be a nice bonus for them, and if they are handpicked and good, then sure.

No on the hand of copyright ownership over their writing.

So I guess the middle ground is to pick some and then re-write what they say while keeping the general statement.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
No on the hand of copyright ownership over their writing.

So I guess the middle ground is to pick some and then re-write what they say while keeping the general statement.
I can't imagine anyone disputing copyrights on this! Sheesh.

I strongly disagree with this. Plain ridiculous.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I can't imagine anyone disputing copyrights on this! Sheesh.

I strongly disagree with this. Plain ridiculous.
I dunno... It makes sense for me to check it out or have some form of disclaimer/ownership jobbie I think. At least having a look at the implications will stop any problems down the line. I mean, I doubt anyone would get silly about it - but you never know.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I dunno... It makes sense for me to check it out or have some form of disclaimer/ownership jobbie I think. At least having a look at the implications will stop any problems down the line. I mean, I doubt anyone would get silly about it - but you never know.
Sigh. Well, you can say that everone who posts questions waivers the ownership of that question, but editing things for that reason alone is silly. I've never heard of anyone suing a magazine for publishing their question as it was written.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Sigh. Well, you can say that everone who posts questions waivers the ownership of that question, but editing things for that reason alone is silly. I've never heard of anyone suing a magazine for publishing their question as it was written.
The point is the difference.

When giving to an actual magazine you both waive the right and are asking for an answer.

With this game, they are giving a portion of the story/gameplay. Thus being a partial creator and can be due financial compensation.
However it is through patreon which isn't really selling a thing, so that makes it grey area.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Alright, a simple disclaimer then. No need to make an issue out of this.
Yeah, I don't really see the issue either. A lot of devs are giving the most generous patrons the occasion to add new characters and storylines all the time, surely a couple of funny question wouldn't be out of line. And thus, a simple disclaimer would clearly suffice.

Although in the end, it's up to Nottravis to decide.

frap

Oct 17, 2018
@Nottravis - for those of us at lower tiers, will the editions of BP eventually make it into later chapters, or be added after the final chapter, or are we doomed to just imagine what they contain?

Reactions: Nottravis

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
@Nottravis - for those of us at lower tiers, will the editions of BP eventually make it into later chapters, or be added after the final chapter, or are we doomed to just imagine what they contain?
My plans at the moment are that it's a higher tier thing only as an initial reward for the additional patronage.

If I'm able to ramp up additional content in other areas (of which I have plenty of plans* but am constrained by production capabilities) then perhaps my views will change. But for now I'm afraid it's restricted.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I lol'd as I immediately imagined the bridge crew suddenly breaking into a musical dance number.
Camera cuts to engineering where another spontaneous dance number ensues.
*confesses that's how she sees it too!*

Although, Ihave been working on something. Early days yet but partly as a development exercise for animation and also partly to amuse myself..um...

I've sorta started work on a H5 music video...

Figured it could be nifty advertising by chapter four :)

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes