Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Russians leaked it
Yikes. No idea if this is genuine.

Well, I doubt I will get much attention with this, but there are a few bugs scheduled to be squished tomorrow, so I'd just like to advise anyone who can't stand the sight of them and gets a fright or something that it might be wise to wait a bit. Only a few though.

Also make sure you don't overwrite old folders if you have them, that would probably cause more problems. Changing the folder name to reflect current version is also due to be done tomorrow.

• Haha
Reactions: Canto Forte

noname777

Jul 8, 2018
What is the size of Chapter 3 (in MB)?
Even at the beginning Nottravis said that size matters, and recently she complained about it again.

With the animations gone I can't think of anything that could cause another substantial delay. That is, unless she is struggling with trying to compress the size of the game further. That was a sensitive issue for her. But the way it was worded sounds like it's, hopefully, not a mandatory thing to do.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The compressed version of Chapter 1 was about 650 MB. Let's say that Chapter 2 had a similar size. According to Nottravis, Chapter 3 is pretty big, so let's assume that it has double size. Ten chapters are planed, so in the end the whole game will require a lot of space. Maybe this isn't issue on the PC, but what about the Android port? Did Nottravis say she had a solution for this?

Reactions: Nottravis

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
The compressed version of Chapter 1 was about 650 MB. Let's say that Chapter 2 had a similar size. According to Nottravis, Chapter 3 is pretty big, so let's assume that it has double size. Ten chapters are planed, so in the end the whole game will require a lot of space. Maybe this isn't issue on the PC, but what about the Android port? Did Nottravis say she had a solution for this?
The idea is to make each chapter downloadable and playable on its own, but it is a very tricky thing to do with ren'py games, so this is somewhat of a long-term issue. I'm sure she'll reach a solution eventually.

Reactions: noname777

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
What is the size of Chapter 3 (in MB)?
Even at the beginning Nottravis said that size matters, and recently she complained about it again.

Akamari said it already, Notty planned to have chapters be individually available, but there's no ETA for this feature as of now.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Damn, pretty big. As far I know, she removed animations temporary. Let's hope that she will find a solution to decrease update size. Otherwise, the final version will consume 10 GB or even more.
I don't mind.... the game is goooood... it's worth it's weight in GB
It *is* one of the few games that could weight 10Go and I would still download every new update with a freaking big smile! Just so you know, chapter 3 is more than 700 renders for ~5800 lines of code. It is sensibly bigger than the previous chapters, and, I think Akamari and I made it clear, it's the best chapter so far :)

frap

Oct 17, 2018
It *is* one of the few games that could weight 10Go and I would still download every new update with a freaking big smile! Just so you know, chapter 3 is more than 700 renders for ~5800 lines of code. It is sensibly bigger than the previous chapters, and, I think Akamari and I made it clear, it's the best chapter so far :)
I agree whole-heartedly.

Oh, without giving anything away to those who haven't played chapter 3 yet, what did you think of the... place... with the thing... and the stuff? Made me laugh out loud! Too bad she didn't forget to wear what she forgot in chapter 1, eh?

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Damn, pretty big. As far I know, she removed animations temporary. Let's hope that she will find a solution to decrease update size. Otherwise, the final version will consume 10 GB or even more.
Well, there is plenty of time to deal with this before this becomes a problem. Personally, I too would download Heavy Five in whatever size it takes. :)

Reactions: frap

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I agree whole-heartedly.

Oh, without giving anything away to those who haven't played chapter 3 yet, what did you think of the... place... with the thing... and the stuff? Made me laugh out loud! Too bad she didn't forget to wear what she forgot in chapter 1, eh?
I'm glad there wasn't a minigame. I would totally fail as I was laughing too much.:D

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
I agree to disagree, nothing beats Becca giving me the tutorial for the first time....

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I agree whole-heartedly.

I'll only say that I hope you went back to see her afterward, because she will tell you how she liked the place with the stuff and you get a whole other perspective :D

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes