Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Would you publish a public version of Chapter 2 anytime soon?
And what about Chapter 4? According to the original plan, it should be released on 26 July, 2019. However, it seems that is is very unlikely, isn't it?
Dealing with public releases of two tomorrow as I'm just back in. All my dates for release are due to be discussed with my patreons this week

noname777

Jul 8, 2018
I like this guy! (y)

Than he is a fool.
Well, we are not a monogamist either, are we? I mean, we can flirt with all girls from the very beginning. Flirt with Sarah, then tell Annie you are not interested in silly girls, then back to flirting with Sarah again. And in the meantime, you can get 10 affection points with Chris as well. :p

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Fool? i just saw her picture and i am already thinking that we need to know her better, you know just in case...,and maybe jealousy can convince Chris to jump in our bed sooner, either that or she might put a bullet in our heads, but LT Harris might be a worthy risk taking... :unsure:
Sure, if a harem route is available, i'm all fine with that. But isn't it suppose to be 'wife' if its a gay marriage?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Sorry, but this is exactly the type of "I'm biased toward the girls and found the guy repulsive in that situation so i build up a line of reasoning based on wishful thinking that would save them" type of theory [...]
How can we, players who've seen the MC being shoot, find him repulsive... since we are the ones that took the decisions leading to this ? And I saw it, months ago I even complimented Nottravis for this scene that I found really funny. I don't know for you, but personally when I play, I totally avoid the choices that repulse me ; even if I made an exception this night to please Nottravis, and I'll probably be more wise the next time, because I still see this fucking monster wherever I look.
So, sorry for your divination, but it was the "I've lived long enough and learned enough about history, to know how it can happen in real life since the start of History, and I'll apply this knowledge to my own version of the fan fiction named 'what happen next'", type of comment ; because, how can it be a theory since, like you said yourself, we are talking about a VN ?

So i disagree with this "noone would care" attitude you suggest that would affect the entirety of the fleet, high command and the dude's very own sister, which would be required to absolve the girls because its entirelly wishful thinking nothing else..
Custer's Last Stand, to take only one example, and a recent one, is the undeniable and now not denied, proof that it happen in real life. Marcus Morris was judged innocent because it was in the interest of the Government that the sole responsibility of the massacre stand on the natives, and not on the many failure of the army, and at this time, any voices that goes against this judgment were silenced.
Therefore, there's no reason for this to not happen again if the lack of investigation ensure that the colonization process, apparently vital for the human race if I understood correctly the news on Channel Seven, will be kept safe. I don't care about who shoot the MC and why he was shoot. Whatever these reason, for me the conclusion would be the same, even if he would have been shoot because he just refused to play Chris' game.
If an aspirant pilot can shoot civilians that gone full rampage and still have a career, and in this story she can, who would be bothered enough by the death of an engineer, where the future of the humankind is possibly in the balance ? Kelly ? Sorry, but no.
She don't know that he's serving on the Intrepide, so one day she'll receive a letter saying that her brother is dead, and if the condition of his death are included, it will be the official version. She'll be sad, obviously, but at this state of the story, she have no reason to suspect anything and ask for more explanation or for an investigation. In fact it's the opposite. Being in Ophion, she experience material random malfunction and failure every single day. So, even if she learn that he was on the Intrepide and died will going to Ophion, she'll not question the explanations. A console malfunction leading to a random fire of a cannon, at the limit of Ophion atmosphere ? Well, every single day the reactor of Ophion goes down and up for no apparent reason, and I don't even talk about the communications malfunctions and failures, what she know better than anyone since she's in charge of them.
There's no apparent mystery here, no reason to be revolted, to ask for more explanations and/or investigations, just the sad truth, her brother is dead, "now please leave me alone, I need time to cry him".

plus this is a VN, if Notty wanna write it like that suddenly tulips would grow on the ship's hull then that would the story's canon.
Absolutely no one here, at least no one talking about this subject, said otherwise. None are discussing Nottravis story, we are sharing our own vision of the unwritten (and it will probably never be wrote) outcome of a particular scene. Its our way to express our interest for the piece of art that is this game, and to trick our eagerness to see the next chapter, nothing more...

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
How can we, players who've seen the MC being shoot, find him repulsive... since we are the ones that took the decisions leading to this ? And I saw it, months ago I even complimented Nottravis for this scene that I found really funny. I don't know for you, but personally when I play, I totally avoid the choices that repulse me ; even if I made an exception this night to please Nottravis, and I'll probably be more wise the next time, because I still see this fucking monster wherever I look.
So, sorry for your divination, but it was the "I've lived long enough and learned enough about history, to know how it can happen in real life since the start of History, and I'll apply this knowledge to my own version of the fan fiction named 'what happen next'", type of comment ; because, how can it be a theory since, like you said yourself, we are talking about a VN ?

Custer's Last Stand, to take only one example, and a recent one, is the undeniable and now not denied, proof that it happen in real life. Marcus Morris was judged innocent because it was in the interest of the Government that the sole responsibility of the massacre stand on the natives, and not on the many failure of the army, and at this time, any voices that goes against this judgment were silenced.
Therefore, there's no reason for this to not happen again if the lack of investigation ensure that the colonization process, apparently vital for the human race if I understood correctly the news on Channel Seven, will be kept safe. I don't care about who shoot the MC and why he was shoot. Whatever these reason, for me the conclusion would be the same, even if he would have been shoot because he just refused to play Chris' game.
If an aspirant pilot can shoot civilians that gone full rampage and still have a career, and in this story she can, who would be bothered enough by the death of an engineer, where the future of the humankind is possibly in the balance ? Kelly ? Sorry, but no.
She don't know that he's serving on the Intrepide, so one day she'll receive a letter saying that her brother is dead, and if the condition of his death are included, it will be the official version. She'll be sad, obviously, but at this state of the story, she have no reason to suspect anything and ask for more explanation or for an investigation. In fact it's the opposite. Being in Ophion, she experience material random malfunction and failure every single day. So, even if she learn that he was on the Intrepide and died will going to Ophion, she'll not question the explanations. A console malfunction leading to a random fire of a cannon, at the limit of Ophion atmosphere ? Well, every single day the reactor of Ophion goes down and up for no apparent reason, and I don't even talk about the communications malfunctions and failures, what she know better than anyone since she's in charge of them.
There's no apparent mystery here, no reason to be revolted, to ask for more explanations and/or investigations, just the sad truth, her brother is dead, "now please leave me alone, I need time to cry him".

Absolutely no one here, at least no one talking about this subject, said otherwise. None are discussing Nottravis story, we are sharing our own vision of the unwritten (and it will probably never be wrote) outcome of a particular scene. Its our way to express our interest for the piece of art that is this game, and to trick our eagerness to see the next chapter, nothing more...
God damn.....

1) Instead of Tanenberg I nearly had Chris quote Reno or Benteen v Custer at Custers Last stand! Kudos!

2) Art? You'll be calling it literature next ;)

3) will be good and stay out of the Chpt 1 debate as promised!

*fucks off till the morrow!*

slider

Jul 14, 2017
I just started playing and I'm already hooked into the game! I specially love dominant Chris route.
One question: is it possible to volunteer to search for Amanda while being a sub? The walkthrough says it should be, but as much as I tinker with choices I can't.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I just started playing and I'm already hooked into the game! I specially love dominant Chris route.
One question: is it possible to volunteer to search for Amanda while being a sub? The walkthrough says it should be, but as much as I tinker with choices I can't.
Yup, you just need Chris to respect you enough to ask you.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Yes, but Chris also needs to trust you and respect you in order to ask you, so maybe you've made too many choices that contradict that along the way.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I'm so glad you found us, and that you're enjoying my little attempts at a game.

Yes, it's totes possible unless Chadwicks respect for you as officer (check her char sheet) is really low. I suspect, if it doesn't work, that it's due to the pirated Chapter 3 being the bugged version.

Why they pirated that one instead of the working version, God alone knows.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
2) Art? You'll be calling it literature next ;)
I already contacted the Nobel Price comity at this subject :D

More seriously, as I already implied, your writing is falling right in place and carry a lot of unsaid things about the talker's feeling, intent and personality. This while still being subject to personal interpretation, which add to the quality and to the interest. Whatever he want it or not, if the player is playing seriously, it end being involved in the story, like it happen with any great book.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I'm so glad you found us, and that you're enjoying my little attempts at a game.

Yes, it's totes possible unless Chadwicks respect for you as officer (check her char sheet) is really low. I suspect, if it doesn't work, that it's due to the pirated Chapter 3 being the bugged version.

People should play this game instead:
:D

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017

slider That's the reason! I'm almost certain it is because it happened to me on this route when I had played before that bug was fixed. Walkthrough reflects the bugfixed version which is not available here yet.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes