Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Wow - either limiting our reactions is slowing down the thread, chapter 3 has run out of steam, or the slow-ass internet here at the hotel is making me miss everything going on in here and there'll be twenty pages that suddenly appear when I post this.

Probably the last - and that damn Mike keeps flipping the wireless router off and restarting it. :mad:
I can't talk for others, but the limited reactions thing seems to be exerting an unexpected toll on me. Every time I want to like some of y'all silly posts, I just get frustrated, and thus go do something else. I must admit I'm also rendering on the side, so it's taking some of my time as well...

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Wow - either limiting our reactions is slowing down the thread, chapter 3 has run out of steam, or the slow-ass internet here at the hotel is making me miss everything going on in here and there'll be twenty pages that suddenly appear when I post this.

Probably the last - and that damn Mike keeps flipping the wireless router off and restarting it. :mad:
It's not Mike this time (unless he's the one messing with the reactions!)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: frap

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I can't talk for others, but the limited reactions thing seems to be exerting an unexpected toll on me. Every time I want to like some of y'all silly posts, I just get frustrated, and thus go do something else. I must admit I'm also rendering on the side, so it's taking some of my time as well...
Here, have a like :)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
*can't think of any alternative*

All become $1 patrons and take it to the community chat thing they have there? But then that's just spreading the same stuff around twice. Plus costing you scamps a $1.

Perhaps I'm a tad too chatty? *will think on*

Http404z

Dec 26, 2018
I wonder if someone messed up with the forum (a la Mike) or if it was done on purpose to reduce the speed of posting in some threads, like this one.:unsure:
As an admin on another forum, I'm of the opinion that the "like limit" was imposed to reduce abuse. Most likely, someone(s) had abused the like feature by creating sock-puppet/mules/alts and were like-farming their own posts to falsely inflate their reputation scores.

Not sure that I agree with the one fix to solve them all solution, as I'm far more prone to punishing the abusers. (I regularly check IPs to check for people with multiple accounts and deal with them as I find them. Granted my user base is much, much smaller than F95).

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
This is really started to get to me now! :mad:
I tried to think about your post *denied* :unsure::mad:
I tried to laugh at your post *denied* :ROFLMAO::mad:
I tried to like your post then change it to a think *accepted! then denied!* (y):D:mad:
"Oops! We ran into some problem!"

If I didn't know better, I'd say this is Thea's sabotage work! Her name is written all over this mess!

*can't think of any alternative*

All become $1 patrons and take it to the community chat thing they have there? But then that's just spreading the same stuff around twice.

Perhaps I'm a tad too chatty? *will think on*
So now we're at a point where the dev who has been the most active with the community is second-guessing herself... So this is it? The folly of mankind.

This issue is taking way too much of our time and energy here :(

I'd rather talk about Amanda and Harris, as did Akamari a few pages back. Either they had a plan, and now it's foiled because Harris bailed out, or the old gal is hiding something else. The thing is, if Amanda and Harris were indeed planning some kind of shit, Harris would maybe share her mission order with Walker (we don't know how she thinks or acts). This whole "the ship thought you were dead, so it conveniently sent your secret mission order to everyone on payroll" reeks plot point anyway :p

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
As an admin on another forum, I'm of the opinion that the "like limit" was imposed to reduce abuse. Most likely, someone(s) had abused the like feature by creating sock-puppet/mules/alts and were like-farming their own posts to falsely inflate their reputation scores.

Not sure that I agree with the one fix to solve them all solution, as I'm far more prone to punishing the abusers. (I regularly check IPs to check for people with multiple accounts and deal with them as I find them. Granted my user base is much, much smaller than F95).
Here is some explanation.

Reactions: Oddball2k

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I'd rather talk about Amanda and Harris, as did Akamari a few pages back. Either they had a plan, and now it's foiled because Harris bailed out, or the old gal is hiding something else. The thing is, if Amanda and Harris were indeed planning some kind of shit, Harris would maybe share her mission order with Walker (we don't know how she thinks or acts).
But Amanda has been awfully nice to you! She even apologised over getting grumpy earlier. *has seen the script!*

This whole "the ship thought you were dead, so it conveniently sent your secret mission order to everyone on payroll" reeks plot point anyway :p
Plot point? What's one of those? *looks confused*

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018

I'm on the mind we should stop talking about this issue here. Yes, I know, I'm one of those who bring it up, but this will be my last message on the Heavy Five thread pertaining to the likes and reactions. I'd rather we do not pollute such a jollygood thread!
I would recommend those of you that disagree with such politics to talk about it with staff and/or dedicated forums.

That being said:
The Daphne Dewitt film for Sarah is in the can...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Is it me, or Sarah is having the most original content? VR, SP, no movies... AND of course, there is her regular content on Ophion as well. And don't get me started on the watergames :D

Reactions: DA22 and Akamari

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
But Amanda has been awfully nice to you! She even apologised over getting grumpy earlier. *has seen the script!*

Plot point? What's one of those? *looks confused*
Oh, she apologised? Forgive me m'lady, here I thought there was some bad blood between us. I'm sure that your apology has nothing to do with the fact that I could shut down the work of your entire life. Apologies made under these conditions mean less than nothing.

Reactions: Akamari
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes