TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
Yeah, don't feel bad, I used to be quite successful back in the day IRL, but I missed a few keys points that were critical the first time around for everyone. But like a Choose Your Own Adventure, it's designed to learn and try again. No matter how many times you play, there will almost always be something new to see.
I've never been successful, quite honestly. When I was a teen I thought "I have all the time in the world" "I don't want to go on superficial date with shallow people, i'm not even that interested in sex". More than a decade later I feel like I have wasted my youth. For that reason and others, dating has been even harder since. And I am very much interested in sex...

I need a teacher. Be my jedi master, Devi-one Kenobi.

.... sorry about that, that was a lot of real life self pity talk for a forum about adult gaming.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Regarding the lack of popularity, I've recently proposed Heavy Five to be featured in the list of... well... featured games. It's supposed to increase a game's visibility, even though I don't know if it really works. Well, if it gets H5 into the slider thing on the homepage, it's all good :)
Yeah, I think that could help a lot! I was hoping H5 could be included back in spring, but...well it was not to be...

It totally gave a big boost (like double in less than a month, from around 650 to 1200 in income) to The Deluca Family when it popped up there in November. And that's a story-focused game that doesn't have sex yet.

Also, looking at the prerequisites.

- The developer must be active in the F95Zone community
- The developer can't have more than 1000 patrons
- The games must have an active audience in terms of positive reviews from the community, comments etc
- The developer can't have a history of abuse including; banning patrons, deleting comments, abandoning projects for prolonged periods of time, like boosting, other drama...
- Must be voted for by the Staff/Moderation team
It will be a big disappointment if Heavy Five isn't included during the next rotation... Though it is possible the "less than 1000 patrons" won't be checked by the time it happens.:)

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I've never been successful, quite honestly. When I was a teen I thought "I have all the time in the world" "I don't want to go on superficial date with shallow people, i'm not even that interested in sex". More than a decade later I feel like I have wasted my youth. For that reason and others, dating has been even harder since. And I am very much interested in sex...

I need a teacher. Be my jedi master, Devi-one Kenobi.

.... sorry about that, that was a lot of real life self pity talk for a forum about adult gaming.
It's true, the older you get, the harder it can be, a large part due to not having the close connection that being a fellow student makes and going back now just feels creepy.
386895_nottinnocent.png
And the 'adult' hang outs are not for everyone. Not all of us want to go to bars, clubs, and whatnot. Having been out of the scene for decades, the best advice I can give is to find something you enjoy doing where people meet, like a club for a hobby, or a gym if you are into that, take care of yourself (be clean and presentable), be confident (not a jerk), and don't be afraid of rejection. ...it will happen a lot.
Regarding the lack of popularity, I've recently proposed Heavy Five to be featured in the list of... well... featured games. It's supposed to increase a game's visibility, even though I don't know if it really works. Well, if it gets H5 into the slider thing on the homepage, it's all good :)

So I advise Notty's bitches to *not* spam the thread (as it could be counterproductive) but instead to make their voices heard as well on the matter :)

I ain't asking for like (as I don't give half a rat's ass about likes, this ain't facebook) but maybe if such a demand was backed up by a few members... :)
A lot of people just don't play games in the first few chapters, or until there is sex content in the game, so I have a good feeling that we will see a big uptick after the next update.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
It's true, the older you get, the harder it can be, a large part due to not having the close connection that being a fellow student makes and going back now just feels creepy.
View attachment 392940
And the 'adult' hang outs are not for everyone. Not all of us want to go to bars, clubs, and whatnot. Having been out of the scene for decades, the best advice I can give is to find something you enjoy doing where people meet, like a club for a hobby, or a gym if you are into that, take care of yourself (be clean and presentable), be confident (not a jerk), and don't be afraid of rejection.
Also be aware it is a two-way street, It is not only what you want, but also what she wants. Clubs and such or other hobby related things are a good advice since you will have a good reason to spend time together, but even then you will need to make her feel good and enjoy your company. That is not the same as being manipulative though. :p

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Also be aware it is a two-way street, It is not only what you want, but also what she wants. Clubs and such or other hobby related things are a good advice since you will have a good reason to spend time together, but even then you will need to make her feel good and enjoy your company. That is not the same as being manipulative though. :p
Exactly, if you are enjoying your time there, then it's not a waste, even if you fail to get a date. The best relationships start with friendships first.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
A lot of people just don't play games in the first few chapters, or until there is sex content in the game, so I have a good feeling that we will see a big uptick after the next update.
Totally agree with this. As many games offer 10 minutes worth of updates, I can understand why 0.3 wouldn't appeal to many. I think it's quite a usual curve for many successful games to have it first two or three releases growing slowly and then it suddenly spikes upwards.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I have my guy starting with a couple of established love interests, that he has been with for decades or more
It can work if it's done well. I'd need those to be introduced in such a way that would get me to be at least a bit intrested in them first. Refresh the MC's memory of why he is with them, so to speak.

It really comes down to the writing skill of the dev. The usual "Honey, I'm home! Let's do our thing!" only serves to annoy me. :)

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
It can work if it's done well. I'd need those to be introduced in such a way that would get me to be at least a bit intrested in them first. Refresh the MC's memory of why he is with them, so to speak.

It really comes down to the writing skill of the dev. The usual "Honey, I'm home! Let's do our thing!" only serves to annoy me. :)
Each character has their own situation, and will be introduced in their own way, but almost no sex scene will be mandatory, and you will be initiating almost all of them at your leisure. Some events will be part of the story/quests, others will just be there for you to do to kill time as you desire, unlocking various things as you go. (or at least that is my current plan, we will have to see how it goes when I actually try to implement this stuff). That said, I like to think what I have planned will at least be entertaining. The question is, can I get it to come across as well as it seems in my head? :sneaky:

...oh, and yes, I do plan a few flashbacks later for those two.

Reactions: DA22 and Akamari

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
What attracts the crowd is that they already have a crowd and a completed game in their record.

I may be different, but I almost never enjoy sex scenes in 0.1 because they arrive before I get to know and like the characters. Cheap sex is cheap.
It's really a matter of what the story is about in the first place.
It simply makes no sense for an MC to screw his "landlady" in chapter 1 already when the whole point of the game is corrupting her. However, seeing said landlady have sex with another character that she's in a relation with does make sense. Such a scene might feel forced, and many idiots will definitely complain about NTR (which it technically wouldn't be :LOL:), but it'd be possible. A "dream" or "bathroom fantasy" scene is used more commonly, though inmy opinion feels even more forced than the voyeur variation.
On the other hand, a game where the story gives the characters a background where it's completely logical for them to have sex can emphasize their relation or their background for the story. For example, an already married couple, it's quite forgivable if they happen to have sex. Or in a game that starts at the moment that some hirelings raid and pillage a town. Some of the hirelings may go around raping the women, meaning it's functional to place the personality of one or more characters in the right perspective.
It's all about context.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Yep, yep. If you, for example, enjoy contemporary art, chasing girls around the Museum of Contemporary Art is not a bad idea. Though the approach needs to be a bit a different from a club. "Can I buy you a drink" wouldn't work as well. "Can I show you this fantastic piece for erotic art" might! Maybe... Or you'll need to find a different museum... or hobby...:p

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Yep, yep. If you, for example, enjoy contemporary art, chasing girls around the Museum of Contemporary Art is not a bad idea. Though the approach needs to be a bit a different from a club. "Can I buy you a drink" wouldn't work as well. "Can I show you this fantastic piece for erotic art" might! Maybe... Or you'll need to find a different museum... or hobby...:p
No no no, with the artsie people you'd put it more like "I feel this work awakens some of my deepest primal urges", no matter how explicit (or boring!) the art may be.

Last edited:

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Each character has their own situation, and will be introduced in their own way, but almost no sex scene will be mandatory, and you will be initiating almost all of them at your leisure. Some events will be part of the story/quests, others will just be there for you to do to kill time as you desire, unlocking various things as you go. (or at least that is my current plan, we will have to see how it goes when I actually try to implement this stuff). That said, I like to think what I have planned will at least be entertaining. The question is, can I get it to come across as well as it seems in my head? :sneaky:
Sounds good to me! :)

...oh, and yes, I do plan a few flashbacks later for those two.
I like flashbacks for story purposes. What I absolutely don't like are meaningless flashback sex scenes. That's the most boring thing. It's like..."Ok, so you had sex with her before. So what? Do you expect me to fap to that? Go polish those panels you lazy twit!":)

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
Yo but I bet "can I buy you the mona lise would be quite effective, at least with gold diggers or girls with a good sense of humour.

I have to wait a while before I can have my main play through.

Need FeMC for that.

So me and Chris can wear pretty dresses and frolic merrily like good girls.
That just gave me the funniest mental picture of 2 girly girls in dresses going through the Alien movies.

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Sounds good to me! :)

I like flashbacks for story purposes. What I absolutely don't like are meaningless flashback sex scenes. That's the most boring thing. It's like..."Ok, so you had sex with her before. So what? Do you expect me to fap to that? Go polish those panels you lazy twit!":)
While I might consider working one in to at least one of them, the 20's one in particular, I actually had not considered sex in the flashbacks, but having one at the end of them is actually a good idea now that you mention it. Not as an excuse, but as a way to show the character development.

Reactions: Akamari and DA22

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I've just finished my playthrough of the Android version of the game (v1.2 as posted earlier) and found no issues with it.

Whoever said that you could have a quick playthrough, clearly hasn't played the game properly, I didn't skip anything and I didn't go back and do different routes, this was just a straight shot to the end of CH3. It still took me more than a couple of hours.

The first BP worked, I didn't see any after that, and RPS is locked, but I'm guessing that's just because of the version that was used to create the Android port.

EDIT: It was well over three hours (almost four, if I'm honest) to do a single playthrough on one route with no save scumming or rollbacks. It should take a normal person playing this a lot longer to do a playthrough, especially if they had access to RPS and the other BPs! :) (y)

Last edited:

joypinse

May 5, 2018
*is. very*

I think, as much as it shocks me to say this, Huitieme is right. Or as least as right in that I agree with him (which I confess shocks me even more....) ;)

Y'see the thing I can't quite get my head around is why H5 isn't played. And comparatively it isn't. There's a rather nasty little game that came out a couple of months ago with twice the reviews and three times the likes so make of that what you will. But tastes aside, it doesn't seem to matter how good the writing is. Oh, it's a factor for sure, but when you consider BP alone has smarter content than most releases it's obviously not an important factor to many.

Sex and pictures on the other hand are important.

Now I'm a writer first and foremost and nothing is going to change either the story or indeed the way I tell it. Nothing will change the content either. But given that the adult content is going to explode shortly there is a very real risk that the earlier graphics and the UI, to an extent, will put people off despite that- and H5 is a game to be played.

Y'see it doesn't matter that I have to spend say four times as much time to make a piccy as a super rigged dev. That's not a factor in peoples consideration. No one goes "well considering she's got an etch-a-sketch and a packet of crayons that's not bad" (well except you lot!). No, they look at other game's graphics and go "That's poo...".

So yep, once the tags are updated with all the new content - interest may well be regenerated in the game - until they open it...and it's not much use saying "yes but in Chapter Four it looks great!" because that won't I suspect cut it. People don't have patience.

I think I have to do the remaster before Four is released. Now I realise this will go down as well as Marcus offering you vitamin tablets but I feel it has to be done. You've all seen what the game could look like. Indeed should like. Imagine what you'd feel about the game if it had the graphics it could/should/can have instead of the ones it did.

I know this is will be an unpopular call. I know that. I know also it will cost me patronage and cash. I know that too. But the longer I leave the remaster not only will it take more and more time to do later down the line (and thus delay the next game - plus bore me to tears as I redo absolutely hundreds of images for an audience that's already played the game), but it also doesn't change the fundamental structural image problems we have at the start of the game. Structural problems that prevent people playing it.

So how long will it take?

I've a weeks rendering to finish off Four and I want to do that first. If only so I can get it out to playtesters. The remaster should only take two to three weeks I think as I don't have to do everything. There is a lot in One, Two and Three that are quite passable. It's mainly some of the internal Vanguard shots, the hallways, the plant room and the MC's room that are the main problems I think. The changing the menu option to that which I showed earlier won't take that long to be honest as it's just dropping a screen in and adding the correct button images.

So the end of the month looks viable. If it gets close to overrunning then I'd just pause the patron page so no one got an October charge as it would be unfair to charge people for rework I think.

*stands back and awaits thoughts....*
just a quick reply - your line of thought sounds very plausible
looking forward to the Remake as the new renders are very nice!!

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I've just finished my playthrough of the Android version of the game (v1.2 as posted earlier) and found no issues with it.

Whoever said that you could have a quick playthrough, clearly hasn't played the game properly, I didn't skip anything and I didn't go back and do different routes, this was just a straight shot to the end of CH3. It still took me more than a couple of hours.

The first BP worked, I didn't see any after that, and RPS is locked, but I'm guessing that's just because of the version that was used to create the Android port.

EDIT: It was well over three hours to do a single playthrough on one route with no save scumming or rollbacks.
It would take a normal person playing this a lot longer to do a playthrough, especially if they had access to RPS and the other BPs! :) (y)
Thanks. Three hours seemed a bit more like it!

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes