Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Hey guys,

Will do my best to run through and answer posts as best as I can tomorrow. As you can imagine hugely busy at the mo :)

But look....

Vanny!.png

vs
land88.jpg

As the well as the obvious better composition and dustcloud from kicking the engines on (not bad, eh? :) ), the landing pad has had a makeover with the rescaling done much better (ever wondered why the rails were so high? It was because the asset was too small and I was crap at faffing with them...). Also redid the surface so it won't look so bad in closeup and dirtied it up for wear and tear. Oh, and better lighting for shine and shadows and Vanny loses her missiles for common sense purposes on re-entry (again, I didn't know how to knock stuff off assets before)

Remastering the shit out of it. Well, as best as I can on an etch-a-sketch :)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Hey guys,

Will do my best to run through and answer posts as best as I can tomorrow. As you can imagine hugely busy at the mo :)

But look....

View attachment 403064

vs
View attachment 403061

As the well as the obvious better composition and dustcloud from kicking the engines on (not bad, eh? :) ), the landing pad has had a makeover with the rescaling done much better (ever wondered why the rails were so high? It was because the asset was too small and I was crap at faffing with them...). Also redid the surface so it won't look so bad in closeup and dirtied it up for wear and tear. Oh, and better lighting for shine and shadows and Vanny loses her missiles for common sense purposes on re-entry (again, I didn't know how to knock stuff off assets before)

That's one awesome and professional looking render! Oh, and I notice the potato crisps are back!

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Hey guys,

But look....

View attachment 403064

vs
View attachment 403061

Gosh, this is like the difference between a student movie (albeit a very good one) and a Hollywood production! The girls were one thing, but this landing shot is phenottymenal!!
youre_awesome_jensen_ackles.gif

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Which is the most concupiscent one?
Is it Mike?
Nope - Mike's a civilian, Annie's a Chief Petty Officer that this officer would like to pet...
I hope she is not TOO petty, I would hate to get thrown out an airlock in my sleep or something...
She is a non com officer and on a civ station. She and mike are essentially the same rank. Just one is civ other is mil.
So catching Mike and Chris together won't balance out us and Annie?
And Sarah's a little apricot :3
Are saying she is the pits? How dare you?!?!?! ;p
Almost all right except for the timings... I recently played through just one route (to test an android version) and it took me close to four hours. Of course, depending on your reading times and how much you investigate, your timings might be different. But unless you skip through loads of text or mash the space bar (really not recommended) it's way more time than an hour (Notty mentioned around three hours for the first three chapters) just to get through once without rolling back and trying a different route. :)

PS I would recommend waiting for the remaster though, it's not far off and based on some of the shiny we've already been shown, it'll be well worth the wait!
My reading is ssssslllllllloooooooowwwwwww.....
I think the remaster ETA would be at the end of the month, but I wouldn't dare put my words in Notty's mouth View attachment 402743
I believe that was the plan, but again, nothing is set in stone, but she won't make you guys wait too long.
Reading speed average is thought to be 200 to 300 words a minute.
Average being the key word, being dyslexic, that would take me at least 6 times that.
Just everybody make sure to keep a copy of the current version, and mark it "Collectors' Edition". Newbs won't easily get to see these awesome vintage original Heavy Five renders!
I keep every version...
Hey guys,

But look....

View attachment 403064

vs
View attachment 403061

That is a really smooth crash landing. XD

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Not to be that guy but is the door supposed to be wide open? Or is that some sort of hellish F-15 air brake? Is that part of the problem they were having in Chap 1?
It is indeed the airbrakes being kicked on at the last minute :) and yep, the fact Vanny had started to open one for her own bizarre reasons prior to re-entry was one of the problems they had.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Hey guys,

But look....

View attachment 403064

vs
View attachment 403061

Oooh! So dusty!

Outstanding work, Notty! I'm completely out of words... :love:

That's some quality mess!:D

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
I'm making all of this on a single 1060 card.... For some reason I'm insanely proud of what I'm now squeaking out of the second lowest available piece of kit!

*has skillz now?*
Definitely!
For one, you're way more consistent with your lighting than I am (I'm still more at the stage of "let's see what happens when I push this button and change that setting. Ooooh, prettyyyyyyyyy")

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I'm making all of this on a single 1060 card.... For some reason I'm insanely proud of what I'm now squeaking out of the second lowest available piece of kit!

*has skillz now?*
Who knew? The fish that's supposed to allow us to climb the stairway of Heaven was actually a fish for compliments :D
You haz skillz since the beginning, but they were still rough, asleep, waiting for you to transcend your mortal husk and finally walk into the light. Now, the diamond shines eternal and all the people shall sing your name. All hail Nottravis, the pretty images maker (yeah, the people sucks at giving name)

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Definitely!
For one, you're way more consistent with your lighting than I am (I'm still more at the stage of "let's see what happens when I push this button and change that setting. Ooooh, prettyyyyyyyyy")
Are you me? Lights are still a mystery to me, I'm usually just rolling with it when I find a good angle/shadows :unsure:

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes