Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Actually......that prompts a thought.

On diffo colours for names....do I need them? They feel a bit of a legacy nod to VN's where everyone has different colours for the lines of dialogue. Given the new boxes....do they just look silly or are they still needed/useful?
I did it for the prologue, both face and colour schemes. In the end, I went opposite to you, I've kept the colour but lost the faces.

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
Morning/night all!

Easy quotes today, i skipped a lot... don't ask me why!:rolleyes:

I'll read and respond to comments all in one go tomorrow. As of now I'm still seeking further intelligent and informed views on my post.

However, in the meantime I've remained busy. :)

View attachment 404276

vs

View attachment 404278

...and the major characters (so far...) "talk boxes". They need a little bit of tweaking but still a damned sight better than what we have now I think :)

View attachment 404285

Not settled on the C7 and VR chars background yet.

See you tomorrow for fun and frolics I'm sure. Laters!
Oh, the first one, it's J. Cameron-esque... even more R. Scott-esque to my liking!:love:

Ah, "Hot lips" name is Karen, and also a mechanic... re Hello!:sneaky:
Ah my dear somebodynobody, I can always rely on you :)

I confess I dread seeing you having commented on the notifications sometimes as you have the most wonderful critical eye, yet you do it so well, it's like having a second "me" looking over my shoulder and so I always welcome it in equal measure :)

But there is always that "Damn what did I miss?". Thankfully, this time I didn't. You are, as usual, quite right in that "where the fuck is that light coming from?" as a point. Primarily I needed the Intrepid illumination fore for artistic reasons of course. Y'know, so people could see the bloody thing :) But, although there might be a slight fast and loose play with physics, Mr Akamari nailed it....

Which is entirely the sequence :)

View attachment 404502

So the light I'm using to light forward is the bounce back of Ophion. As I say a tad fast and loose, but at least there is a rationale and perhaps an understandable flexing.
For the render, definitely J. Cameron-esque. Something to do with the Sulaco before orbital insertion!:love:

Yeah, too short quotes... not really in good mood this morning, the facepalm icon was teasing me but i reserve it for good friends!;)

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

On diffo colours for names....do I need them? They feel a bit of a legacy nod to VN's where everyone has different colours for the lines of dialogue. Given the new boxes....do they just look silly or are they still needed/useful?
I like them, being dyslexic, that kind of thing really helps me.
Sadly poor old Karen is off the menu, full stop. The player never gets to meet her. Well, unless she hits BP of course.
Poor Actual! No respect, no respect at all!!!

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018

May be the boxes is too heavy for the text window... need an in game example to be sure!:unsure:

Edit: Oops, my bad, already got one, it's fine fine!:)

Sadly poor old Karen is off the menu, full stop. The player never gets to meet her. Well, unless she hits BP of course.
BP is fine, perhaps a new great add.:)

Last edited:

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Useful yes, helps distinguish between people easier. Unless you're colorblind. Needed, no. It's just a convenience thing. Might help people's brains click a fraction of a second faster or something.
I agree with Tom, there is a bit of convenience to it.

On the other hand, maybe a unified colour scheme that would fit visually with the boxes would look better, while it would still be easy to distinguish quickly who's talking. :unsure:

Never say never. Maybe you'll fancy doing a H5 sequel after the Scarlet Pirate...;)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
BP is fine, perhaps a new great add.:)

But since she seems to be liked...

*was saving this but is feeling generous this morning...* ;)

Actshow4.png

There you go. Finally some shower peeking for you :) (no, this is not in-game!)

Last edited:

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017

View attachment 404843

If you're curious as to why I have it, it's from when I was doing some water tests. I think I've said before that if I need to get to grips with/understand something I often do it with different characters and settings so that I'm not totally fed up of the whole thing by the time I come to do the actual scene. It was why I had a small "Shana" set a few weeks back as I played with lighting. Karen got a little shower set whilst I experimented with water on skin (yes...there's more of her!)

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
If you're curious as to why I have it, it's from when I was doing some water tests. I think I've said before that if I need to get to grips with/understand something I often do it with different characters and settings so that I'm not totally fed up of the whole thing by the time I come to do the actual scene. It was why I had a small "Shana" set a few weeks back as I played with lighting. Karen got a little shower set whilst I experimented with water on skin (yes...there's more of her!)
Shame you didn't think of testing the mixing of fluids and finger movements while in the shower...

I'm talking about Karen!

Or am I?

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017

View attachment 404843

Finally!:D

Actually;), maybe even the best shower peeking render I've ever seen! Can't think of a better off the top of my head. I guess having a totally different shower design helps a bit, but I really like the contrast between the darkish theme and the light. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it's great!

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
It does make me glad I won't be doing many scenes with water... :ROFLMAO:

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017

Actually;), maybe even the best shower peeking render I've ever seen! Can't think of a better off the top of my head. I guess having a totally different shower design helps a bit, but I really like the contrast between the darkish theme and the light. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it's great!
*curtsies* The contrast does bring it our for sure :)

It does make me glad I won't be doing many scenes with water... :ROFLMAO:
Water is the bitchiest bitch ever. If you can, avoid it at all costs. The water scenes in Four were a nightmare. "Just use a water plane" they said...which is fine if you want a layer of water 1cm deep...Less fine if you want to do tricky under/over water shots.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017

Also...if you think that's good you should see the "soaping the boobies" one ;)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Oh, the first one, it's J. Cameron-esque... even more R. Scott-esque to my liking!:love:

For the render, definitely J. Cameron-esque. Something to do with the Sulaco before orbital insertion!:love:

Yeah, too short quotes... not really in good mood this morning, the facepalm icon was teasing me but i reserve it for good friends!;)
Y'know, I've only just realised something....

When I was laid up ill I could do very little bar watch films etc. I wonder if the better composition we're seeing might be a rub off from that? Certainly that angle of the game has got considerably better since Two *mulls this*

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017

Gosh, somebody has to do this, well, then i volunteer, i can put my finger on her. :)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself is that bullshit I smell.....
It is indeed a wonderful world if sometimes a bit smelly. :p

and a song of his for Ava. :p

I wouldn't worry about that. I think Notty's rebuttal would rank high in the list of most polite rebuttals. :)
Unless she would channel her inner McGruder of course, then it might be a bit crude if fine butt.

Not sure colors would be needed with that, just do what feels good for you.

Sends Annie's shirt to him, I'll take her without the shirt to myself :3
Greedy :ROFLMAO: , if understandable.

Morning/night all!

Easy quotes today, i skipped a lot... don't ask me why!:rolleyes:

Ah, "Hot lips" name is Karen, and also a mechanic... re Hello!:sneaky:

Somehow I was thinking more of Kelly when thinking Hot Lips, ah well guess you should be careful when mashing things up. :p

Mean Nottylicious tease, well knowing she will not be on Ophion would likely make her score very high for BP I suspect. Great render by the way. They must have a great Gym on the Intrepid for all the women being that fit. :p

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Ooh ooh ooh, fancy sharing the rest? :unsure::p
Now... surely you're not teasing us? Not an *innocent* one like you?
Y'know, I've only just realised something....

When I was laid up ill I could do very little bar watch films etc. I wonder if the better composition we're seeing might be a rub off from that? Certainly that angle of the game has got considerably better since Two *mulls this*
It doesn't matter the reason, we're happy that you've found your groove! :D Now, about those Karen renders??? :love:

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes