Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I do like the new image of Annie, especially with how you moved her arm out of the way of her cleavage. The removal of the small table behind her, the texture of the floor/carpet? The lighting, a slightly more expressive face, the editing of the text to be red and show the emergency of the situation, the editing of the star map to show Ophion.

3 questions on it though. 1st: the console behind Annie just has a bunch of star systems everywhere, this seems like a really confusing design choice for a ship. 2nd: The door? I think it is a door, whatever is the blackish thing on the right of the image, it looks weird as if something is sitting in the players view rather than being part of the ship. 3rd: Is the far right of the image a stowing area or bunks? I thought crew quarters were a bit further back.
I vote somebodynobody gets an early version of remastered chapter 1 ! His feedbacks would be far more useful than mine. I mean, do you really need more compliments when you could get actual criticism? :)

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I vote somebodynobody gets an early version of remastered chapter 1 ! His feedbacks would be far more useful than mine. I mean, do you really need more compliments when you could get actual criticism? :)
Nottravis Why not do an "open beta" for this actually? I don't think Chapter One needs to be protected from piracy and it would be a nice demo for the remaster should anyone be interested in checking it out.:)

Just putting it out quietly without a bump in the latest updates, so that hordes don't leave disappointed this isn't "an update".:)

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Nottravis Why not do an "open beta" for this actually? I don't think Chapter One needs to be protected from piracy and it would be a nice demo for the remaster should anyone be interested in checking it out.:)

Just putting it out quietly without a bump in the latest updates, so that hordes don't leave disappointed this isn't "an update".:)
+1

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019

There's also the Patreons to consider, can't leave them out, but updating the patreon page will send them a mail about this. Then we get the problem that one might uhmmmm pirate (Arrrrrrr! It IS "Talk Like A Pirate Day" afterall!) it and upload it here, then we'd risk some moderator updating the first post, and things may get confuzzling from there.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
There's also the Patreons to consider, can't leave them out, but updating the patreon page will send them a mail about this. Then we get the problem that one might uhmmmm pirate (Arrrrrrr! It IS "Talk Like A Pirate Day" afterall!) it and upload it here, then we'd risk some moderator updating the first post, and things may get confuzzling from there.
Yes Patreons as well of course. You think I would suggest leaving them out? :D

Not if Notty puts it here simultaneously. That's the whole idea. It would be controlled, no leaks.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Just gotta make sure that the version with chapters 1-3 remains available as well, at least until chapter 4 gets released I'd say :)
Yes, of course, this would be an extra download link. Just like Notty added the preview pictures for the remaster today it would only be supplemental.

One thing I definitely would want to do for my game, is to make sure that I create the thread, so that I can do any useful edits just like Notty can.:)

Last edited:

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Yes, of course, this would be an extra download link. Just like Notty added the preview pictures for the remaster today it would only be supplemental.

One thing I definitely would want to do for my game, is to make sure that I create the thread, so that I can do any useful edits just like Notty can.:)
I think Notty started the thread in the "Programming, Development & Art" section, and then had it moved.
Probably helps to format it as properly as possible in advance as well.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
I concur. And whatever you do, Akamari do not, I repeat do not, post a demo of your game to get feedbacks on the general forum...
Yeah, I felt bad for you when I saw it "released" against your will. :rolleyes:

I think Notty started the thread in the "Programming, Development & Art" section, and then had it moved.
Probably helps to format it as properly as possible in advance as well.
Yeah, I think if you use the template and fill it correctly they just move it to the right section.

I would seek advice on this from the staff before release though, just to be sure.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Do you want to be a gamer and pursue gamers' glory through gaming or not?
Some half baked concepts lasted in tech demo stage for years and got 1000s of Benjamins.
You can pretend to not know math or you can face the music head on like a true gamer!

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian and DA22
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes