somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Door pressure seems under 1 atmosphere of pressure (around 1,013.25) the airlock info panel, I can't tell if it is lit up LEDs or those old 80s/90s type buttons that are popped out and have words written on them and a light shines behind them (since you can read the red without them being lit). Can't read everything even with the close up so I will assume no typos.

Better lighting, the white space in the far bottom right is now a black space, better but seems like the light in there isn't shining on anything, more detailed info panel. Still think the ship's internal looks a bit like smooth/shiny grey plastic but oh well.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Door pressure seems under 1 atmosphere of pressure (around 1,013.25) the airlock info panel, I can't tell if it is lit up LEDs or those old 80s/90s type buttons that are popped out and have words written on them and a light shines behind them (since you can read the red without them being lit). Can't read everything even with the close up so I will assume no typos.

Better lighting, the white space in the far bottom right is gone, more detailed info panel. Still think the ship's internal looks a bit like smooth/shiny grey plastic but oh well.
Sadly on the ships surface I'm snookered. It's an old poser/3d delight model which I've converted as best as I can to Iray but *shrugs helplessly* there's only so much you can do with the base. I'd have to learn how to make major changes to the underlying bmp files which is so far beyond what I know I'd be entering into the world of building my own stuff! :)

On the buttons, with the rest of Vanny's controls being flat touch screen I made the airlock controls the same for consistency, albeit backlit as needed (in this case green as the airlock is the one thing not yet broken!) :)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I'm not sure if I should be more amazed by how great Chris looks here or the amount of detail on the airlock panel...:love: Fortunately my true Chris romance playthrough chooses her approach as it gets way more tempting now! :whistle:
Too kind as always :)

But aye, it's really all starting to pop. I know this has turned into a much bigger exercise than I originally thought it would be - but begods....the difference.

Oddball2k

Woof, woof, woof!
Donor
Jun 1, 2018
Raaah, 11 pages in 24h... not fair!:D

But since she seems to be liked...

*was saving this but is feeling generous this morning...* ;)

View attachment 404843

There you go. Finally some shower peeking for you :) (no, this is not in-game!)
Oh, but a very nice materialisation of a famous daily routine on the Intrepid: impromptu shower visits!:p
See first "Dear Eye in the Sky..." question/response for the reference.

Also...if you think that's good you should see the "soaping the boobies" one ;)
Gulps! "you should see":
But but, can you say how long...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
will we have to wait to see this render??:unsure::cool:
Aaargh! Always this "you should see" of yours...!:ROFLMAO:

Still feeling generous? :sneaky:
Even Akamari is using onomatopoeia now... we are waiting!:giggle:

Will catch up later.

Have a good day/sleep or whatever!;)

*Toodles*

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Ophion in the bottom left is a nice touch. I am unsure what the lighter coloring is near the wing. Only major problem is the head area which looks like very blocky weird aluminum and the color blocking on that raised middle bit of the head white, black, lighter grey, grey (I know this is probably the model at fault). Is this the ch1 space walk?

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Ophion in the bottom left is a nice touch. I am unsure what the lighter coloring is near the wing. Only major problem is the head area which looks like very blocky weird aluminum and the color blocking on that raised middle bit of the head white, black, lighter grey, grey (I know this is probably the model at fault). Is this the ch1 space walk?
Yeppers the Ch1 spacewalk, at the start where the MC is climbing out on to the roof of Vanny. The lighter colouring near the wing is the light bouncing off from the Sun/Ophion. Again, hard to see without the context of the whole series but starboard side of Vanny is illuminated by the sun and so the wing section picks that up a bit.

As to the blockiness it's the age of the model sadly. The only way around this I've possibly come up with is to push the model further out, render at the twice the size and then cut out the normal sized panel from that render. So we'd end up with the same size as above but smoother maybe. The trouble with that tho is obvs it's going to take at least twice as long.

Given how many outside renders we have like this tho it might be worth it. I'll run a test and see how long it takes and what it looks like.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Yeppers the Ch1 spacewalk, at the start where the MC is climbing out on to the roof of Vanny. The lighter colouring near the wing is the light bouncing off from the Sun/Ophion. Again, hard to see without the context of the whole series but starboard side of Vanny is illuminated by the sun and so the wing section picks that up a bit.

As to the blockiness it's the age of the model sadly. The only way around this I've possibly come up with is to push the model further out, render at the twice the size and then cut out the normal sized panel from that render. So we'd end up with the same size as above but smoother maybe. The trouble with that tho is obvs it's going to take at least twice as long.

Given how many outside renders we have like this tho it might be worth it. I'll run a test and see how long it takes and what it looks like.
I figured it was a reflection of something, but that the vanguard was too far away from the planet to be in it's atmosphere yet to allow for light to reflect off particles. Unless the reflection is supposed to be within the space suit?

The back end of the ship looks fine within the image, the front looks like someone stapled on someone from the transformers cartoon. No offense meant.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
It's meant to be :)

*is all about temptation...* ;)
:devilish:
Sadly on the ships surface I'm snookered. It's an old poser/3d delight model which I've converted as best as I can to Iray but *shrugs helplessly* there's only so much you can do with the base. I'd have to learn how to make major changes to the underlying bmp files which is so far beyond what I know I'd be entering into the world of building my own stuff! :)

On the buttons, with the rest of Vanny's controls being flat touch screen I made the airlock controls the same for consistency, albeit backlit as needed (in this case green as the airlock is the one thing not yet broken!) :)
I have a set or two like that, may have to look into that myself if I want to use them... I certainly don't want to have to design a full bar or something...

Airlock? They threw me out again? Damn it Annie! I didn't mean it like that! They TOLD me to ask about the ping-pong balls, how was I supposed to know?

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I figured it was a reflection of something, but that the vanguard was too far away from the planet to be in it's atmosphere yet to allow for light to reflect off particles. Unless the reflection is supposed to be within the space suit?

The back end of the ship looks fine within the image, the front looks like someone stapled on someone from the transformers cartoon. No offense meant.
None taken :)

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes