TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I've not seen it in any adult VN so far, I think it would be a cool feature! :)
They used to do experimental stuff like that in the old days, scan a picture, record a few words here and there, and have them play or show up in the game... Leisure Suit Larry did that at least once anyway.
To be honest I do not think Sarah is filthy or planning to use sex as such to get a favorable report from MC. Remember though Sarah is not a wallflower, inexperienced or shy and seems to like to flirt anyway and has an outgoing personality (well at least on the outside). Also remember that the girls mostly move in the same circles most of the time and do not seem to have found a steady relationship among those they deal with on a daily basis. MC is a fresh face to them and seems to be reasonably attractive and competent, so it is only natural there is some interest within the girls as well to get to know him. Now if Sarah can get MC to like her she can see that as a bonus and him more likely to give her a favorable report if she can impress him. So I think it is a bit of both.

On a side note thinking also about the remark from Notty that the bad routes have not even started a while ago. :p The only reason bad MC needs to resort to the means he uses to spend time with Sarah is because his personality and the way he acts rubs her the wrong way and could way more easily get his way and informtion on her when acting more friendly. Would it indeed not make way more sense for a bad MC that is competent to charm the pants of women and trying to get to know them better in a charming and friendly seeming way, before trying to put his claws into them?
Yeah, it is quite possible that the news of your report having a bit impact on her job made it through the grapevine. I mean, Amanda found out about us having the authority to shut her down, so anything is possible, Chris has connections after all.

1570097932035.png

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
MC is a fresh face to them and seems to be reasonably attractive and competent, so it is only natural there is some interest within the girls as well to get to know him. Now if Sarah can get MC to like her she can see that as a bonus and him more likely to give her a favorable report if she can impress him. So I think it is a bit of both.
He is a fellow serviceman. It's perfectly reasonable wanting to get along with a fellow serviceman, especially if they have a mission together. I don't think she's trying to impress the MC, but she's trying not to antagonize him, which is what the asshole MC can exploit and hence blackmail is possible because of the disastrous state her career is in.

The MC is not expected to write a report on the flight crew, at least not on the low ranked members such as our lovely ensign. Their mission was to get the MC to the station. That's it, a simple transport. That of course doesn't prevent the MC from mentioning the ensign in a way that could be damaging to her career.

The only reason bad MC needs to resort to the means he uses to spend time with Sarah is because his personality and the way he acts rubs her the wrong way and could way more easily get his way and informtion on her when acting more friendly.

Would it indeed not make way more sense for a bad MC that is competent to charm the pants of women and trying to get to know them better in a charming and friendly seeming way, before trying to put his claws into them?
Well, you said it, that was just an opportunity to be bad. I bet you can actually still end up being the villain without resorting to blackmailing Sarah, so he doesn't need to do that. I think you can totally play a bad guy that acts like a good guy before his dark nature comes to the surface.:) Or you can play different shades of grey.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
He is a fellow serviceman. It's perfectly reasonable wanting to get along with a fellow serviceman, especially if they have a mission together. I don't think she's trying to impress the MC, but she's trying not to antagonize him, which is what the asshole MC can exploit and hence blackmail is possible because of the disastrous state her career is in.

The MC is not expected to write a report on the flight crew, at least not on the low ranked members such as our lovely ensign. Their mission was to get the MC to the station. That's it, a simple transport. That of course doesn't prevent the MC from mentioning the ensign in a way that could be damaging to her career.

Well, you said it, that was just an opportunity to be bad. I bet you can actually still end up being the villain without resorting to blackmailing Sarah, so he doesn't need to do that. I think you can totally play a bad guy that acts like a good guy before his dark nature comes to the surface.:) Or you can play different shades of grey.
I think you miss one of my points though, like my earlier cowboy analogy that is riding into a new small town that does not have loads of contact with the outside world. If there would be unattached ladies in that town, it would not be unheard of that if a fresh face turns up the ladies would have an interest in that new fresh face also as a potential sexual or marriage partner. Especially if he is kinda attractive and shows himself to be competent person and trustworthy. It is not like they can just hop over to the big city and have millions of options. :p On top of that MC rides into town here with a few bars on his shoulder, which should not make him less interesting at all.

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
If there would be unattached ladies in that town, it would not be unheard of that if a fresh face turns up the ladies would have an interest in that new fresh face also as a potential sexual or marriage partner. Especially if he is kinda attractive and shows himself to be competent person and trustworthy. It is not like they can just hop over to the big city and have millions of options. :p
I guess that would depend how long trips from Earth take. We know it's at most five days to get from Ophion to Phoebe and back. Let's say it takes a few months. Would that make your cowboy theory plausible? Maybe, but who knows. To me her behaviour is not indicative of that, but your mileage may vary. :)

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I guess that would depend how long trips from Earth take. We know it's at most five days to get from Ophion to Phoebe and back. Let's say it takes a few months. Would that make your cowboy theory plausible? Maybe, but who knows. To me her behaviour is not indicative of that, but your mileage may vary. :)
Maybe she just thought hitting on the Player was a nice change from being hit on by Chris...? Or maybe she is just so used to hanging around Chris that she barely even notices the innuendo anymore?

Though it is true, we don't know how long it's been since any of them have seen earth, or how far out they are.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Maybe she just thought hitting on the Player was a nice change from being hit on by Chris...? Or maybe she is just so used to hanging around Chris that she barely even notices the innuendo anymore?

Though it is true, we don't know how long it's been since any of them have seen earth, or how far out they are.
Also remember that the military in space do not get news from Earth on purpose. Also remembering Chris's letter in her defense and how hotel reacted originally before the party got out of hand, does not show a strong mingling of military personnel and civilians. Whether that is by design or cause of clique forming, who knows. We miss way too much information.

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
She's even cuter now :)
I know.. and that is the problem... see, I used to own the VHS movie about Pirates, the one with Gena Davis... so being unable to see the SP content is painful
I'd wager the majority of us are just as pleased. :sneaky:
Not as pleased as I am
More than welcome. I find these sort of conversations really useful tbh. :)

Oh for sure. The MC finds himself q....well. Let's see when Four comes out :)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

But all we can do is see of course. Perhaps, even with the remaster, it won't be popular. Too strong a story, too many sexual options (and Christ, some of it is filth. We don't even have tags for most of it!), too much actually counting on making decisions as opposed to just grinding and whatnot.

But my course is set in many ways. I couldn't write or make the game differently I don't think - at least not this one for sure.

However, my thanks once again for your sensible input - and who knows, maybe we'll change that like to a love one day after all? :)

I know, right? Madness!
I don't like to compare devs and their work, but you do better art and stoy ( with a smaller budget and less years of experience) than that other dev that hasn't released anything in a year.
Plus you get bether working ethics. So if anyone got a spare cash, Notty's patreon page is up and running

Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
Also remember that the military in space do not get news from Earth on purpose. Also remembering Chris's letter in her defense and how hotel reacted originally before the party got out of hand, does not show a strong mingling of military personnel and civilians. Whether that is by design or cause of clique forming, who knows. We miss way too much information.
I think you're reading way too much into this situation.
Chris' crewmembers were taking a shore leave. Ever seen a bunch of sailors hitting the bars before going back to sea? They tend to get rather boisterous, you know, much like students during spring break or football fans rooting for a team. They stick together and do stupid things because they're a crowd - and the IQ score of a crowd is that of its stupidest member divided by the number of people in it. Add alcohol to the mix and you can be sure things will get out of hand.
No hotel or bar manager would be very well disposed towards a bunch of drunk, rowdy idiots disturbing the clients, picking fights, damaging the premises and generally making a mess.
That doesn't mean there is no mingling of civilian population and military.

Last edited:

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
*peeks in*

*reads and smiles*

One correction tho.

That trip from Phoebe to Ophion? It's longer :)

The five days is purely the time it's taking for the Intrepid to slingshot around the system and loop back over Ophion.

The "Big I" isn't stopping.

For her to stop over Ophion and then move off again would burn a shit ton of fuel both times. So she doesn't. They pass over Ophion, launch Vanguard and carry on, slingshoting around the system to be able to pick Vanguard up again in five days.

After all, five days is plenty of time to do a simple repair job....

*poofs*

Oh. And there'll be a new Chadwick file tomorrow for you theory junkies... :)

Chris's crewmembers were taking a shore leave. Ever seen a bunch of sailors hitting the bars before going back to sea? They tend to get rather boisterous, you know, much like students during spring break or football fans rooting for a team. They stick together and do stupid things because they're a crowd - and the IQ score of a crowd is that of its stupidest member divided by the number of people in it. Add alcohol to the mix and you can be sure things will get out of hand.
No hotel or bar manager would be very well disposed towards a bunch of drunk, rowdy idiots disturbing the clients, picking fights, damaging the premises and generally making a mess.
Wa....wa...wait! *splutters*

Are you saying you don't believe Chadders version of events?

I know.. and that is the problem... see, I used to own the VHS movie about Pirates, the one with Gena Davis... so being unable to see the SP content is painful

Not as pleased as I am

I don't like to compare devs and their work, but you do better art and stoy ( with a smaller budget and less years of experience) than that other dev that hasn't released anything in a year.
Plus you get bether working ethics. So if anyone got a spare cash, Notty's patreon page is up and running
Too kind :)

*does try tho!*

Yeah, with Sarah, sometimes you just never know what the fuck she is thinking. :ROFLMAO:
*chuckles*

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
*peeks in*

*reads and smiles*

One correction tho.

That trip from Phoebe to Ophion? It's longer :)

The five days is purely the time it's taking for the Intrepid to slingshot around the system and loop back over Ophion.

The "Big I" isn't stopping.

For her to stop over Ophion and then move off again would burn a shit ton of fuel both times. So she doesn't. They pass over Ophion, launch Vanguard and carry on, slingshoting around the system to be able to pick Vanguard up again in five days.

After all, five days is plenty of time to do a simple repair job....

*poofs*
Ah! I wondered where would the incoming marine spacecraft come from if Intrepid left the system. Thanks for correcting me! :)

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Tomorrow will be a good day to get a fix!:whistle:

Np.

I only very lightly touched on it in Chapter One. One of those things that I needed to know for internal consistency and world building but didn't think anyone would be interested in! :)
Well, then think again next time! :D

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Chris's crewmembers were taking a shore leave. Ever seen a bunch of sailors hitting the bars before going back to sea? They tend to get rather boisterous, you know, much like students during spring break or football fans rooting for a team. They stick together and do stupid things because they're a crowd - and the IQ score of a crowd is that of its stupidest member divided by the number of people in it. Add alcohol to the mix and you can be sure things will get out of hand.
I more meant the free drinks and stuff before. I would expect that to be more likely to happen if they did not have groups of military in every day.

Wa....wa...wait! *splutters*

Are you saying you don't believe Chadders version of events?
Looking forward to the next file, but not to put to fine a point to it I suspect that though probably not a word of it is a lie as such depending on your viewpoint, but I would take it with the amount of grains of salt that a road clearing vehicle might bring that is going into the worst snowstorm of the last 20 years.

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
*peeks in*
*poofs*
Here she goes, peeking and poofing like there's no tomorrow!
vanish poofs.gif

Words cannot express the happiness I feel when reading this. But I can try. FUCK YEAH! MORE LORE! MORE CHRIS! MORE LOVE!

Np.

I only very lightly touched on it in Chapter One. One of those things that I needed to know for internal consistency and world building but didn't think anyone would be interested in! :)
Well, I guess now you know that we want to know everything about your little world. annie_community_everything.gif
:D

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Here she goes, peeking and poofing like there's no tomorrow!
View attachment 418233

Words cannot express the happiness I feel when reading this. But I can try. FUCK YEAH! MORE LORE! MORE CHRIS! MORE LOVE!

Well, I guess now you know that we want to know everything about your little world. annie_community_everything.gif
:D
I can only agree 100% with you here. :p Hell where comes that sudden urge from to share water with people. Help :eek: :eek::eek:

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
There's one thing bothering me about the remastered renders... the color palette makes the station look sterile almost as if someone wanted to make a quarian love motel....
had to write this... don't want people to think I'm some fanboy that dreams of the intrepid...
Don't mention Quarian, or we'll have to listen to Notty gloating about killing Tali because she was jealous of her and couldn't take the competition, etc.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes