Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
So...I have an idea for a feature. And I want to run it past my labrats..you guys.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That's an interesting idea. I don't think I'd be using a picture of me, tho, but there could be a selection of "faces models" to chose from. This would also help you for shots where we could see a part of the MC (hands in chapter 1, whole package in chapter 2, etc.). It would then ease into 3rd person point of view for things like kisses, sex, and general interactions between Pepito and the girls.
But the real question is: will you make a bigger P for people choosing a darker skin? :D

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I would also advise you to be careful about feature creep and burn out, and although it's good to see you having fun, don't forget to breathe, to take it easy and to rest. The project is still going on strongly and there is no deadline, you don't have to shove everything into it right now, no matter how excited about new ideas you are.
Your health *is* your most important asset. Or is that your bosom? I forget...

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I would also advise you to be careful about feature creep and burn out, and although it's good to see you having fun, don't forget to breathe, to take it easy and to rest. The project is still going on strongly and there is no deadline, you don't have to shove everything into it right now, no matter how excited about new ideas you are.
*nods nods*

It's just if I'm going to do it, now would be the time. I don't think I could face revisiting all of this again tbh!

sarahknickertest.png

*has got Sarah's naughty bits to outline against her knicks!*

*is pleased!*

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
*nods nods*

It's just if I'm going to do it, now would be the time. I don't think I could face revisiting all of this again tbh!
You do you. As always, I'll support you, but this should not come to the detriment of your own self. That being said, I know how it is to feel the rush of creation going to your head and there's nothing anyone can say that would make you go down to earth. Thus, have a safe trip inside your head, don't fall down, eat Jaffa cakes and keep making pretty pretties!

Yup, I though I noticed that she had found some this time... :LOL:
unfortunately.gif

Last edited:

vneotpolemus

Sep 22, 2019
Nottravis DA22 Huitieme Sinphil

Thank you all for taking the time to consider my musings.

Its a shame you can't comment more Notty, but yes, spoilers are evil and terrible things that should remain imprisoned out of sight and temptation. I'm interested to see how my impressions change as the story moves forward. The conversation with Amanda at the end of Chapter 3 felt like a step towards a bigger role for the MC, so I'm hopefully that'll continue with Ch 4.

I also appreciated the moment of vulnerability (or at least uncertainty) that Chris had on the romance path, but that could just be a me thing. :p

Regarding the niche question... I'm cautiously optimistic. Yeah, when I first looked at the patreon earning list I was horrified. And like DA22 said, its not exclusive to adult games, or even gaming. I've been equally shocked looking at a list of bestselling fantasy/sci-fi authors. But even if we're never going to see Nottravis knock ICSTOR off the podium I think there's definitely room for H5's audience to grow. There's enough successful 'high brow' adult games out there to prove that there is a market for something more than "teenager with large genitals has intercourse with their 'landlady' and 'roommates'".

DA22 & Sinphil, I'm basically in agreement with you that its early days and there's still plenty of opportunity for the MC to shine. To some extent its an issue for the episodic format. That being said, I think waiting too long would definitely be a mistake. We're three chapters and many-thousand words in already. Sure, it's quality scene setting. But we're still waiting for the payoff (dramatic, romantic, or sexual).

Obviously you've all got faith in Notty producing the goods. You guys have loved what's come so far, you're going to love what comes next.

For me it's a bit different. I like what's come so far. I hope that I love what's coming next. But until some of the payoff comes I'm going to be on the fence.

Also, you all (H5 fans in general) post too much! I kept meaning to reply and then getting distracted by the five pages of new posts that had sprung up since last time I checked!

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Far too kind. Merely a newbie amateur with a half arsed rig - but at I do try!
It's true. And no, not a newbie anymore. Not at all. :)
EDIT: Yes, I know we all get the joke, but Annie is over a hundred years down the line so the reference is a bit obscure by then - not to the resident perky pixie tho.
I don't get the reference...:cry:
Edit, edit. Is it just me or is that skirt a little short to be playing pool?
Not if she wants to win.:sneaky:

Last edited:

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
In theory it's quite easy. In theory.

But coding is my weakest area (although apparently I do some really complex stuff so make of that what you will!)
Worth a try. It's a neat feature and beats any kind of character creation I've seen in a VN so far.:)

That's an interesting idea. I don't think I'd be using a picture of me, tho, but there could be a selection of "faces models" to chose from.
I would most likely render my own MC(s), if only to be consistent with other characters. I could really see getting some creative fun out of this.:)

If it's a one time opportunity, it should be explored, I think. At least you won't later regret not trying to do this, if it proves too difficult to code. Chapter One can wait a bit.

Sarah: "Isn't this great! Annie doesn't get it, they don't get it - just us two do!"
Me: "Well, no Sarah. The idea is that they get th..."
Sarah: "We're like besties! Joke besties! Isn't that brill!"
Me: *goes to render something horrible happening to Davis*
Really fascinating how much the two of you are alike. ;)

Last edited:

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
I would most likely render my own MC(s), if only to be consistent with other characters. I could really see getting some creative fun out of this.:)
Hmm, would Olaf Olafsson thrive on a space station? :unsure:
Before we know it she'll be coughing "Sarah! Sarah!" like Gollum :ROFLMAO:
"My prettiiiiieeees"

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes