Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
Looks like we'll be waiting for that version for a while. :D
Nah, I think Notty said she will update the links as soon as possible (i might be misquoting her, tho, but she wouldn't want people to play the buggy version).

Edit.
That's not a bad idea. When I'm back at my PC (on a phone right now) and update the front page I'll pop the official public release version up separately to show what's pukka and what isn't. Good call.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I'm sorry but i have to cut this short, its too much :sneaky: I can only express myself now with a gif:
giphyddddd.gif
So i don't even try ro reply, would have to disect your thoughts sentence by sentece really, too much fuss. I enjoyed the debate, thanks for that, it was fun, but i'm gonna stop here to keep the peachy mood :geek:

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
Nah, I think Notty said she will update the links as soon as possible (i might be misquoting her, tho, but she wouldn't want people to play the buggy version).

Edit.
Yeah, that would be a good idea to do. No point keeping the bugs around. :)

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
Patreon website said:
Public release of Chapter Two will be after Chapter Three is released to Patrons.
If I interpret her words in Patreon page correctly, a PUBLIC version is a chapter behind the version available for her Patrons. And the version available here has the same chapter as is available for her Patrons. But I'm not complaining if I don't have to wait a month or two to see how the scene changed. By then, the scene might seem to be changed anyways. ;)

The funny fact is that OP (and version "leaking") is done by the developer herself. Unless, a mod did some editing... :D

• Haha

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
If I interpret her words in Patreon page correctly, a PUBLIC version is a chapter behind the version available for her Patrons. And the version available here has the same chapter as is available for her Patrons. But I'm not complaining if I don't have to wait a month or two to see how the scene changed. By then, the scene might seem to be changed anyways. ;)

The funny fact is that OP (and version "leaking") is done by the developer herself. Unless, a mod did some editing... :D
A mod did some editing indeed. The chapter was leaked on another forum and consequently updated here although the bug fix was yet to come. But hey, that's the name of the game. I do believe that the OP will be updated with the latest release anyway (i.e. chapter 3), since there's no reason not to, now.

That being said, I ain't Nottravis' spokeperson ^^

tontoman

May 4, 2017
I'm sorry but i have to cut this short, its too much :sneaky: I can only express myself now with a gif:
View attachment 347839
So i don't even try ro reply, would have to disect your thoughts sentence by sentece really, too much fuss. I enjoyed the debate, thanks for that, it was fun, but i'm gonna stop here to keep the peachy mood :geek:
Ah no you just think it's wrong. And coming from the mouth of the 'good' guy who gave us the next Darth Vader, is ironic heh.
And it's not right or wrong anyway, incorrect to view it as such as folks do also speak out. It's just not all one way, the by the book way.

noname777

Jul 8, 2018

There is one thing that I don't understood. She said that the Bored Pilot magazine is intended for Patreons from higher tiers. However, I remember that this magazine was included in Chapter 1 that she published for free on her Patreon page. Did I miss something?

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
There is one thing that I don't understood. She said that the Bored Pilot magazine is intended for Patreons from higher tiers. However, I remember that this magazine was included in Chapter 1 that she published for free on her Patreon page. Did I miss something?
Yeah, chapter 1's BP was a part of the lore. Subsequent episodes are patron only. I don't know which versiongot leaked for chapter 2, but Annie was in it, and it leads to a seriously funny scene :D

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
That's just to showcase what it is. It's much expanded now btw. The interview is longer, there are more pictures and Dear Eye in the Sky questions and answers were added.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
But thats exactly i'm thinking too. That there would be an investigation and they would get busted.
Busted ? I'm not sure at all. Remember the state of the Vanguard. It wasn't ready for the mission and was re-equipped in emergency. This led to absurdities like some monitors being placed upside down. And before the IA became crazy, Annie was still trying to fix many problems. She just have to overload the right card in the console and it's done. There were a shortcut somewhere, and before the card was totally burnt, making the cannon out of order, it goes random and fired few bullets.
Who will question this, when the lost guy had to goes outside precisely because of another malfunction ? If it was the only problem, I agree, they would have been busted. But here it's just one over many. And don't forget that the investigation will take place only when they'll return. At this time, they'll also have many things to report regarding the station, things that will need to be investigated deeply, whatever because of incompetence, madness or conspiracy. When you face a situation that can question the whole colonization process, and eventually end it, you don't care about the loss of one guy ; especially when the said colonization process is already massively questioned on Earth.
In fact, I even see them going further : "Has terrorists gone too far ? Their sabotage of the Vanguard, one of Intrepide's ships, endangered an emergency rescue mission and killed a man. It could have been your son that was killed, your parents that needed to be rescued, can you still support them and sleep well at night ? The debate after few ads". Then, as first ad, I see an, "engage in the space fleet, become the last hope of our colons, become a hero !", or a, "they need you ! Our colons needs you to protect them, to rescue them. They need you to sleep tie at night, knowing that whatever can happen, you'll be there to save their day".

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
A number of other sites seem to have the bugfixed version now, I guess it won't be long before it makes its way here.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Who will question this, when the lost guy had to goes outside precisely because of another malfunction ?
Sorry, but this is exactly the type of "I'm biased toward the girls and found the guy repulsive in that situation so i build up a line of reasoning based on wishful thinking that would save them" type of theory that i argued before and would keep doing if there would be a point of doing so but there really isn't.

So i disagree with this "noone would care" attitude you suggest that would affect the entirety of the fleet, high command and the dude's very own sister, which would be required to absolve the girls because its entirelly wishful thinking nothing else.. plus this is a VN, if Notty wanna write it like that suddenly tulips would grow on the ship's hull then that would the story's canon.

I mean its a bad end, how that would contuine is entirelly within the realm of philisophical possibilities and you represent the save-the-girls-because-i-would-like-that while i represent a more pragmatic approach and obviously we cannot agree even on this as i'm sure that you, just like the other guys, completely convinced you represent logic. I say Okay, i disagree with you, thanks for the debate :geek:

smokebox

Dec 22, 2018
I liked a lot the part that you can tell Chris that you like her a lot or quite a lot or very lot, "too much lots to remember precisely" them move in to rescue the damsel not in distress, and shoot in some aliens in the process, i call that a successful first date\mission? , it's ok if instead of doing the repairs i am thinking on how to get rid of her husband? does that make me a bad LT?

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes