VN Ren'Py Abandoned Heir Apparent [v.0.02] [SilkandMilkProductions]

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes
Feb 18, 2018
he is just too stubborn.....
If he abandons this then maybe we should run this "stubborn" guy into oblivion by never ever supporting any of his future projects. Let him play mind games with his audience because as the saying goes: "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes".

R2k22

Jan 15, 2018
Wow. Render almost kills. They're so beautiful. This is amazing work and details. More than just simple "i like". Keep going and have fun creating this story! All the best:)

ShangTsung

Aug 6, 2017
Damn this dev is on his own league, what a shame knowing his past we will likely never have more then 1 or 2 updates.

It was truly a master piece, the renders were beyond good and erotic, but the crazy thing was the fact that he was able to renew and make a very old and boring recipe interesting (the landlady, her sister and her daughters type that was seen in thousands of games).

All we have to hope is that the dev changed, but i really don't understand patreon how some games that are inferior to his on every point get far more support is beyond me.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
It's simple. He drives away potential patrons.
No one wants to support a developer who deliberately holds the development of the game until X quota of donations are met.
He is trying to sell the updates as products and then when people don't show interest he puts all of the blame of the long periods of development on the (lack of) patrons. He's not going to grow by being stubborn and greedy.
Yeah I get your general ideal and agree with you. I would say though that he is selling a product but wants to charge for it as a service but he doesn't deliver on any front.

What I mean is that conventional wisdom says that a product is tangible and a service is intangible. But once you have a file that you download and can store in your PC it is for practical effects and under the law a product. That is why the EULA agreement for games is seldom enforceable and one reason why the push for games as a service (the EULA is easier to enforce for a service).

He is charging for his game as if it had been commissioned (a service) by the players and he will not release it if not paid for but in reality it is a product that has already been thought out and predeveloped by the dev. Going by his attitude I would say that he has no actual intention of finishing any of the games he starts. If he did he would have push Primal Instincts to completion and put it up on Steam (and made a good chunk of cash). He is just using this as a side hustle to supplement his freelance income.

repuindy

Jun 11, 2017
I think he is a very talented creator, i was his supporter in his previous game but like you all said with a very bad marketing strategy. Moreover i think the monthly subscription isn't suitable for the kind of development he is doing, why not a payment for major updates? You can work at your pace and people doesn't feel you are dropping every end of the month. Whatever... Its a shame.

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
Well, look at this. Either one of his patrons out of desperation just threw a bunch of money into the pot, or the dev himself did in order to give hope to a seemingly lost cause. (If you pay yourself, you lose nothing). :unsure:

patrons
$994
per month

• Thinking Face
Reactions: m4pII and v1900

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Well, look at this. Either one of his patrons out of desperation just threw a bunch of money into the pot, or the dev himself did in order to give hope to a seemingly lost cause. (If you pay yourself, you lose nothing). :unsure:

patrons
$994
per month
It's certainly not him. A generous patron found his way to his page. Yay we might have a v.0.02

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: v1900

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
So acting all greedy and pretentious actually paid off in the end?
Or was it all a bluff?
This whole thing is kinda freaky regardless of what happened.

taylorg88

May 22, 2021

patrons
$994
per month
Crazy thing is he's sill over $1k away from his "goal". So unless this person is gonna give him $700+ every month it's still dead.

Edit: Never mind, he updated his goals since the last time I looked. We'll get one month of work on V.02 but he'll be in the same boat next month unless someone else gives him that money.

ShangTsung

Aug 6, 2017
Crazy thing is he's sill over $1k away from his "goal". So unless this person is gonna give him $700+ every month it's still dead.

Edit: Never mind, he updated his goals since the last time I looked. We'll get one month of work on V.02 but he'll be in the same boat next month unless someone else gives him that money.
It's gonna be even worse because each month he will ask for a bigger sum of money

Duriel

Aug 25, 2017
I mean the dev is clearly interested in captivating some big whale attention to fund his project at this point, for these marketing tactics don't feel exactly friendly over the average consumer, though at least he is showing the will to work on it granted he gets the support he aims at, whereas many other devs are simply intent on milking their patreons ad nauseam with literally nothing in return.

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes