VN Ren'Py Abandoned Heir Apparent [v.0.02] [SilkandMilkProductions]

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Looks like the $800 supporter pledged and then refunded in the middle of the month to troll the dev!:ROFLMAO:
If you unsubscribe, your money is not counted anymore in the total shown on the creator's page, but the money has effectively been spent. It might be a refund though.

Reactions: v1900

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
If you unsubscribe, your money is not counted anymore in the total shown on the creator's page, but the money has effectively been spent. It might be a refund though.
Either way that supporter realized the monumental fuckup he/she committed. :ROFLMAO:

skrusher

May 11, 2019
This game has perhaps the best graphics I've ever seen in a VN game. The story is good, promising. I just hope it doesn't get abandoned too.

nitrydur

Sep 9, 2021
Renders here are even better then Primal Instinct so why would he abandon it I've read the post but it makes 0 sense. No way this Dev not working with a NASA Computer I agree his game is underrated that's only because he does not include incest if it was just up to me this Dev gets a 10/10 overall I couldn't care less for incest but I know a large majority here can't live without it other than that everything else is Top Tier. I can truly agree with his ask for more. I'm not a fanboy I'm just stating facts this Dev falls in top 5 Devs here my opinion 3rd place.

Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020
Renders here are even better then Primal Instinct so why would he abandon it I've read the post but it makes 0 sense. No way this Dev not working with a NASA Computer I agree his game is underrated that's only because he does not include incest if it was just up to me this Dev gets a 10/10 overall I couldn't care less for incest but I know a large majority here can't live without it other than that everything else is Top Tier. I can truly agree with his ask for more. I'm not a fanboy I'm just stating facts this Dev falls in top 5 Devs here my opinion 3rd place.
I think you've read what suits you:
1) primal instinct is a game abandoned after 20 months with 4 very distant updates (on average one every 5 months);
2) requesting a loan for a job to be carried out, threatening to abandon it, is new to me and sounds like blackmail;
3) the fact that he is one of the best does not mean that he is one and only, there are so many to choose from (even better than him) who patiently await the success they deserve and who work with passion to earn the trust of supporters.
Read carefully, maybe change your mind (100%).

kci12

Aug 1, 2021
I really hope the dev is not abandoning this game. I find this game's premise interesting and unique from all those games that I've played. And renders are top notch.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I really hope the dev is not abandoning this game. I find this game's premise interesting and unique from all those games that I've played. And renders are top notch.
Whether the game survives or not is based on how much support the dev gets and the dev isn't exactly popular.

Great renders, good story, dogshit attitude.

As of now support isn't enough to keep the game afloat so it's looking like it will be abandoned eventually.

Duriel

Aug 25, 2017
2) requesting a loan for a job to be carried out, threatening to abandon it, is new to me and sounds like blackmail;
That sounds like pity strategy and if not, he was a fool to put himself in such dire situation under the assumption that he'd get lucky in so little time, even worsen by threatening supporters to abandon it instead of just leave it and admitting it wasn't the smartest of choices.

3) the fact that he is one of the best does not mean that he is one and only, there are so many to choose from (even better than him) who patiently await the success they deserve and who work with passion to earn the trust of supporters.
Being talented and yet coming off as presumptuous will literally worsen your perception, whereas being humble will boost it considerably.

If he was more friendly and humble, I am pretty sure his own supporter would have helped out to spread the word to other people, getting involved into the marketing and such, even reached the extra mile by pledging more because they would feel as valuable assets and not as mistreated customers.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020
Look carefully around, there are something for all tastes.

Reactions: taylorg88

taylorg88

May 22, 2021
Look carefully around, there are something for all tastes.
This right here! There are 100's of VNs that are just as amazing, IMO. I have a back catalogue of VNs that I haven't even been able to play because I just don't have the time. If people think this game is the best on the site they obviously haven't looked very far.

Reactions: Freki.g

taylorg88

May 22, 2021

Halfway through the rendering for Chapter 2. With sufficient support we're looking at a late October - early November release.
If support stays low, I'll be forced to take up another project in October. I will try and wrap up the writing and coding throughout the month on what's already done.
Silk...

Don't hold your breath on this game continuing. Unless he miraculously gets another mysterious $800 pledge for the month he won't be working on it. He currently sits at $266 and his goal is $1,200 to work on the project. Taking out the $800 pledge he had, he actually lost even more supporters this past month since he was sitting at around $320ish.

Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020

Halfway through the rendering for Chapter 2. With sufficient support we're looking at a late October - early November release.
If support stays low, I'll be forced to take up another project in October. I will try and wrap up the writing and coding throughout the month on what's already done.
Silk...

Don't hold your breath on this game continuing. Unless he miraculously gets another mysterious $800 pledge for the month he won't be working on it. He currently sits at $266 and his goal is $1,200 to work on the project. Taking out the $800 pledge he had, he actually lost even more supporters this past month since he was sitting at around $320ish.
They are not blind but they do not want to look, prisoners of what they perceive and not aware of what really happens.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
If support stays low, I'll be forced to take up another project in October.
We've gone from foolish territory to outright dumb as fuck.

With his first game he had a solid basis and could have grown if he'd carried on. If he'd finished it he'd be on his way to gaining decent support.

Did he do that though, no, no he did not.

He did the BrightSunStudio method of development that saw a dev laughed off the site.

See one dev started making good ground, finished a couple of games and started another but didn't make thousands so abandoned, started again now rinse and repeat that about 6 times and a couple of alt accounts trying to upload games and we have one dev gone from the site because no one trusted him so his support went from promising to 0.

Now look here....

One promising game abandoned due to lack of support. Instead of trying to win people over and finish a game he abandons it and starts again.

Now due to lack of support (who saw that coming .... oh, that's right ... EVERYONE) he's going to abandon this and start again and we know what's going to happen there....

He's already lost peoples trust, abandoning this is just going to lose him what little support he has so his next failed project will do even worse.

I've never seen such a lack of common sense.

"Oh no, my new games doing worse than my last one ... what shall I do ..... GOT IT, i'll abandon it and start again, what could possibly go wrong".

How does he picture this working in his head?

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
We've gone from foolish territory to outright dumb as fuck.

With his first game he had a solid basis and could have grown if he'd carried on. If he'd finished it he'd be on his way to gaining decent support.

Did he do that though, no, no he did not.

He did the BrightSunStudio method of development that saw a dev laughed off the site.

See one dev started making good ground, finished a couple of games and started another but didn't make thousands so abandoned, started again now rinse and repeat that about 6 times and a couple of alt accounts trying to upload games and we have one dev gone from the site because no one trusted him so his support went from promising to 0.

Now look here....

One promising game abandoned due to lack of support. Instead of trying to win people over and finish a game he abandons it and starts again.

Now due to lack of support (who saw that coming .... oh, that's right ... EVERYONE) he's going to abandon this and start again and we know what's going to happen there....

He's already lost peoples trust, abandoning this is just going to lose him what little support he has so his next failed project will do even worse.

I've never seen such a lack of common sense.

"Oh no, my new games doing worse than my last one ... what shall I do ..... GOT IT, i'll abandon it and start again, what could possibly go wrong".

How does he picture this working in his head?
Truths have been said. But I don't think he'll do another game after that one, he'll just stop to bother imo

Cena2001

May 12, 2021
It looks like developer is not interested in making games he is interested in making money

So for him it will be a better idea of he sell his modles so other developer can buy them and he can earn money
And the developer who will buy them will have to work less as they already have the a good model
It will be a win win for everyone. Even for players to as this developer creates really good models

Rannell

Jul 29, 2020
Not true. I funded to get chapter 2 done so it gives a better chance for more to get a chapter 3 done with more fans.

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes