VN Ren'Py Abandoned Heir Apparent [v.0.02] [SilkandMilkProductions]

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes

Ghost2529

Oct 31, 2018
Well, the visuals at least looked slightly appealing, and it had an interesting title (Interesting enough for me to at least look and see what this is all about), and I would have even considered giving it a try if it had more than just a teaser/intro.

After reading over what's been written in here though, I've since changed my mind. Even if this game were finished, and had the most impressive story and visuals ever, I wouldn't give it a second look because of the attitude the dev has been presenting to his would-be supporters.

I understand that devs need to make money for the work they put into their projects, but there is a right way, and a wrong way to go about getting the support they need. What I've seen described here is very much the wrong way, and honestly, the only other company I've seen behave like this has been EA.

Reactions: Azsouth and Freki.g

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
To say that this is unexpected would be a lie.
It is a pity that such stupidity is combined with such a huge talent.
If the talent was that huge, previous project wouldn't have had that much trouble gaining traction and he'd already have a completed game under the belt. Excitement about that project fizzled out when he showed he couldn't find a way to tell a cohesive story in a game format and we were stuck with a bunch of different plot-lines and characters all over the place. And seemed to not get what people initially liked about his game.

Not "getting" the community seems to be a pattern for this dev. And while we may never know the way this project is going, I saw signs of a narrative clusterfuck in this one too.

Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018

If this dev was anywhere near as good as he thought he was... ah well what's the point of kicking this can down the road again.

Some people live and learn, and some people just live and die.

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
Wait a minute, according to his projections, isn't this project supposed to be abandoned by now because of a lack of support? :unsure:

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
Wait a minute, according to his projections, isn't this project supposed to be abandoned by now because of a lack of support? :unsure:
The dev wrote this on their Patreon:

I've waited as long as I can and now I'm booked out for most of August. Refunds have been issued to everybody. It can take 5-7 business days to process. We'll try again next month...

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
How many months of retry before abandoning it :unsure:
His Patreons are only going to get lower because he is refusing to work on the game, therefor it's pretty much already abandoned and won't receive another game update, it was inevitable anyway.

MLBnoob

Mar 13, 2019
Dev reminds me of the dev of Eye of the Storm. Guy was much worse, promised choices with results but only delivered one path since he was lazy. Also it was almost the end of the story but he was holding it ransom for more money/patrons, in the end he abandoned it and deleted his patreon page.

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Respected User
Donor
Aug 5, 2018
His Patreons are only going to get lower because he is refusing to work on the game, therefor it's pretty much already abandoned and won't receive another game update, it was inevitable anyway.
he still worked 15 days on this soon to be canned game, (i got my 2$ back he refunded) 0.2 is ready to go (0.3 is done 50%)

he is just too stubborn.....

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
he still worked 15 days on this soon to be canned game, (i got my 2$ back he refunded) 0.2 is ready to go (0.3 is done 50%)

he is just too stubborn.....
How do you know 0.2 is ready to go?

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Just looked at this after seeing someone's signature link.
Interesting description letting us know what the game is about.

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes