VN Ren'Py Abandoned Heir Apparent [v.0.02] [SilkandMilkProductions]

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Just found this game as it was mentioned on another thread.

*sigh* I played Primal Instinct since it began, and was super sad when he abandoned it. I see he's doing the exact same thing again.

He isn't close to reaching his patreon goal. His attitude is terrible, this is going to be abandoned too. He is obviously very skilled, but he doesn't have a passion for making games. He wants to make money. Which I understand, and he could do, but nobody is going to trust him with their money after the last disaster. He wants to make money before he does the work to earn it. Like a down payment. DrPinkcake didn't get a ton of support from AL, and now he is probably a millionaire with BaDIK. It can be done if you work for it. Psychodelisional (? apocolust ? ) is getting a lot of support from their new game, which took a year for it's first update and hasn't been updated since. Some devs get lucky with their first game, but most make their money on the 2nd, 3rd games.

Nobody who is mostly sane is gonna say " So he abandoned his last game because he didn't make the money he believed he deserved, so I'm gonna put money down on this game and hope for a better outcome". He has around 80 patrons, which is roughly the same as peak PI got. Maybe even less.

The thing is though, he'd make a ton if he would've just completed PI and had this as his 2nd game. As I said, he has the skills of a top developer. The attitude of a milker who doesn't have any milk though.

Last edited:

MightyFurry

Jul 21, 2021
Just found this game as it was mentioned on another thread.

*sigh* I played Primal Instinct since it began, and was super sad when he abandoned it. I see he's doing the exact same thing again.

He isn't close to reaching his patreon goal. His attitude is terrible, this is going to be abandoned too. He is obviously very skilled, but he doesn't have a passion for making games. He wants to make money. Which I understand, and he could do, but nobody is going to trust him with their money after the last disaster. He wants to make money before he does the work to earn it. Like a down payment. DrPinkcake didn't get a ton of support from AL, and now he is probably a millionaire with BaDIK. It can be done if you work for it. Psychodelisional (? apocolust ? ) is getting a lot of support from their new game, which took a year for it's first update and hasn't been updated since. Some devs get lucky with their first game, but most make their money on the 2nd, 3rd games.

Nobody who is mostly sane is gonna say " So he abandoned his last game because he didn't make the money he believed he deserved, so I'm gonna put money down on this game and hope for a better outcome". He has around 80 patrons, which is roughly the same as peak PI got. Maybe even less.

The thing is though, he'd make a ton if he would've just completed PI and had this as his 2nd game. As I said, he has the skills of a top developer. The attitude of a milker who doesn't have any milk though.
I totally agree in big parts to what u have said, but i wouldnt even consider him as a milker of any kind. Its not like he isnt honest with this new project... its more like he wants to fail it hard. The attitude he shows and his business model are both just wrong. As much i like his art... regarding business, he sadly has near to zero idea what is good for him. Patreon is no place for "first you pay me, then i work for it". By definition its, "i do a project of passion-you like it and support me on my way of finishing it". Patreon is just the wrong place for what he has is aiming for and thats why, i am pretty sure of it, he wont find enough of the "right" people to support him there. Great product - Terrible idea of making it happen

Reactions: Abhai and KiraJames

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
I totally agree in big parts to what u have said, but i wouldnt even consider him as a milker of any kind. Its not like he isnt honest with this new project... its more like he wants to fail it hard. The attitude he shows and his business model are both just wrong. As much i like his art... regarding business, he sadly has near to zero idea what is good for him.
I believe his biggest fault is that he is greedy.

Even with this business model he could've asked for 700$ instead of 1200$ for his first update, it would've made his goal more attainable, now people are thinking he won't ever finish the project cause he's asking for too much too quickly.

But most importantly you need continuity to make a lot of money, you kinda know what you'll get when it comes to other more popular avns, they've already established themselves as providers of a particular type of entertainment.
This avn is too early in its production, you don't even know what it offers, is it more story focused? Will its plot become convoluted? Is it a slow burn? Does it contain ntr? No one knows, so why would people run to give him money?

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
So what happens if he doesn't reach his goal? Abandonment or slow development?

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
So what happens if he doesn't reach his goal? Abandonment or slow development?
"INSUFFICIENT INTEREST IN THE PROJECT WILL RESULT IN IT'S CANCELLATION."

What is insufficient interest for him I don't know :unsure:
For now it seems it's slow development, but for how long before he abandons ?

Reactions: Xumeey

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
"INSUFFICIENT INTEREST IN THE PROJECT WILL RESULT IN IT'S CANCELLATION."

What is insufficient interest for him I don't know :unsure:
For now it seems it's slow development, but for how long before he abandons ?
Right now he has one-third of his goal of 1200 so that means the development of v.02 is gonna take 3 months instead of 1 if he had reached his goal right?

I believe if he doesn't complicate the story too much like his last game he would receive good support despite his weird way of handling things. The renders speak for themselves all he has to do is focus on the main characters' relationships and not drag it out for the sake of blue balling. I wish him the best.

Last edited:
Reactions: Larry2000

Bluehemo

Nov 21, 2020
Right now he has one-third of his goal of 1200 so that means the development of v.02 is gonna take 3 months instead of 1 if he had reached his goal right?

I believe if he doesn't complicate the story too much like his last game he would receive good support despite his weird way of handling things. The renders speak for themselves all he has to do is focus on the main characters' relationships and not drag it out for the sake of blue balling. I wish him the best.
yeah.. sometimes less is more. he should just make a simple story and gameplay with this level of renders and he will get much more support.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
he doesn't have a passion for making games. He wants to make money.
That, right there, is the problem.

I said it in PI thread and i've said it in threads for other games that got abandoned for this reason, if you are in this to make money you are in the wrong industry.

Very few devs will ever break 1k a month even fewer will make enough to do it for a living.

Most of the devs that make a living doing this took years to grow a player base. I've seen devs struggle through 1 or 2 games before they started picking up momentum, some never will.

Telling your player base if you don't make X amount of money will result in an abandoned game is the dumbest shit you could possibly do. It has never worked and it never will.

You could have all the talent in the world but if you have a shit attitude and only interest in money you will go nowhere.

The truly sad thing about all this is the guy hasn't learned anything. If he'd finished PI then by the time he started this one he would probably have reached his goal.

Due to how many games get abandoned a lot of us will never back a dev that hasn't got at least 1 completed game. I'll never back a dev that abandons a project. Unfortunately for the devs way of thinking, it's not him that gets to decide if his time is worth our money, we do. Now I work 12 hour shifts running an extremely busy kitchen and if any dev thinks i'm going to hand over money I work my arse off for when they can't even be bothered to finish shit they start then they are very much mistaken.

General rule of the internet is "you are never the only one" so it stands to reason others feel the same.

Feb 18, 2018
Screenshot 2021-07-31 at 04-34-20 Silk Milk Productions is creating Adult Games Patreon.png
Don't get your hopes up, people. I wouldn't bother with this project at all if the dev is talking about cancelling the game after 1st update. With this negative attitude and lack of work ethic, we are being set up for another disappointment. I won't talk about how you build a fan base because people have done that before me in this thread, but this is like stabbing yourself in the foot. Why even bother with adult game development if you don't have a passion for it? With this kind of talent, he can easily go for mainstream animation. Anyway, I am out. Good Luck and see you in a couple of years.

dokodesuka

Mar 13, 2020
Everyone keeps talking about the quality of the animation clips.
Is there a sample I can see, without having to download the full game?

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Nope, it means he will work 10 days (instead of 30) on the game, making 50-60 renders (instead of 150-180) on average monthly . The first release has 500 renders approx, the second one probably wont be smaller, so do the math :HideThePain:

• Sad
Reactions: m4pII

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
Nope, it means he will work 10 days (instead of 30) on the game, making 50-60 renders (instead of 150-180) on average monthly . The first release has 500 renders approx, the second one probably wont be smaller, so do the math :HideThePain:
So basically it will have slow updates, therefor people will lose patience and remove their patronage = abandoned in the near future :WeSmart:

Reactions: Abhai

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Why even bother at the point? Good faith is worth more than money. It gains you trust and people stick to you. Imagine the poor souls still supporting Gumdrop Kyle because of their initial good will? It's crazy.

On a side note that doesn't really matter, why does your "The Way" sig direct to "Smartass?"

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
...On a side note that doesn't really matter, why does your "The Way" sig direct to "Smartass?"
because it is the same dev...he works on smartass now ("the way" is kinda on hold), and smartass has no sig, yet...and im just too lazy to bring that issue up, either in that thread, or in gfx request thread:BootyTime:

Reactions: Larry2000

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
because it is the same dev...he works on smartass now ("the way" is kinda on hold), and smartass has no sig, yet...and im just too lazy to bring that issue up, either in that thread, or in gfx request thread:BootyTime:
I was gonna say that Smartass is good, but it's just starting. I know it's a different game and not the focus of this thread, but it has potential!

SweatPicle

May 6, 2017
when summer try's to wake up the MC the game gonna close it self. can anyone help me with this?

MightyFurry

Jul 21, 2021
Meanwhile the dev decided to threaten his paying Patreons: "If support is going down instead of up, unfortunately we all know what this means ... i'll give it a while longer." (Supporting Patreons got this message by mail)

My personal thumbs up! Trying hard to win the "BIGGEST ASSHOLE on planet" award ...

Last edited:

taylorg88

May 22, 2021
Meanwhile the dev decided to threaten his paying Patreons: "If support is going down instead of up, unfortunately we all know what this means ... i'll give it a while longer." (Supporting Patreons got this message by mail)

My personal thumbs up! Trying hard to win the "BIGGEST ASSHOLE on planet" award ...
Most people knew this would happen. I've been keeping an eye on his Patreon with the new month starting and he lost around $100 of support. Any goodwill he had with the update was flushed down the toilet with his obvious cash grab messages. This game isn't gonna see another update.

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes