VN Ren'Py Abandoned Heir Apparent [v.0.02] [SilkandMilkProductions]

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
That support level needs to rise. We're only at 29% of the required goal. A game of this caliber doesn't get worked on with such a small amount of people backing it.

v.0.01 took 8 months because people refused to back it. We would have had at the very least 3 releases by now with full support.

My skill set is being offered at a discount. This is a special game, and you all know where it's heading, so don't sit on the sidelines hoping someone else will pledge. If you can, pledge however much you can. As we get closer to that goal, more people will think it's achievable.

Silk...

Dude how can you say this and still be so cool with it? this is a shame, people support you if they want to, we are not here to finance anyone's work. You are making a mistake with this way of thinking, if what you want is to earn money and that we finance your HOBBY , sorry but you are not going to get it or at least not with these ways and so at the beginning. Don't forget that this is a hobby, not a job. If you want it to be a job, we will pay for a complete product at the end of development, like all games that are released; not for a hyperALFA version of an unfinished game.

shm :FacePalm:

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
Gold :LOL:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Either this dev is dumb as fuck or doesn't care about his own work. Does he not realise people are sitting "on the sidelines" because of what he's doing? Why would any sane person have faith in this game when he himself doesn't.

Cronolento

Sep 17, 2017
That support level needs to rise. We're only at 29% of the required goal. A game of this caliber doesn't get worked on with such a small amount of people backing it.

v.0.01 took 8 months because people refused to back it. We would have had at the very least 3 releases by now with full support.

My skill set is being offered at a discount. This is a special game, and you all know where it's heading, so don't sit on the sidelines hoping someone else will pledge. If you can, pledge however much you can. As we get closer to that goal, more people will think it's achievable.

Silk...

Dude how can you say this and still be so cool with it? this is a shame, people support you if they want to, we are not here to finance anyone's work. You are making a mistake with this way of thinking, if what you want is to earn money and that we finance your HOBBY , sorry but you are not going to get it or at least not with these ways and so at the beginning. Don't forget that this is a hobby, not a job. If you want it to be a job, we will pay for a complete product at the end of development, like all games that are released; not for a hyperALFA version of an unfinished game.

After reading this on his pateron I reassure my decision on not giving a coin to this guy. Even when the game is amazing I will not support such a person. Terrible attitude. Even when the renders are amazing, I can't support this kind of attitude even with a single dollar. For me this dev can quit already, such a shame.

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
I doubt acting pissed about people not getting involved in their project would do the dev any good... is it too hard to kindly ask for bigger support?
I had to unfollow Silk and Milk on Patreon, I'm sorry but I don't really need such negativity being delivered on my mailbox

Skyangel007

Jan 14, 2018

Silk...

we will pay for a complete product at the end of development <- This. A lot of people don't realize that Patreon is lit allowing you (the Patreon users) to be a patron to the dev (even the people that support the dev some times don't realize this as they think they are paying for a product). In other words they don't support the game they support the person/team behind the patron account. And people wont do that unless you make something interesting/good. So if he wants people to pay him for his product finish your product first release a demo and then ask people to pay for it. Demanding shit like a ungrateful child is not gonna earn you any supporters. And if his previous work didn't earn any patrons then it simply means it was lacking somewhere or it doesn't appeal to the masses. That's life.

Last edited:
Reactions: HansDampf788

rev2020

Oct 16, 2019
Great renderers but is the dev living in a cave?
"big ass, big tits" ?
those are normal on the edge of being "Small" asses and tits.
nothing "big" here just the usual skinny Daz 3D suspects.

who wants to play games with girls that you can find next door? ;)

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Wow .. the dev has some special view on how patreon works ...

First I need a patch for this game ... its obvious that they are his aunts ...

The render quality is great and the writing is good.

The story is just starting and I guess we lost Katarina.

Would be a shame when this game gets abandoned (like the last one) - but that is the problem they will have with support. When you do that to your last game, you have to build up trust - and not demand ppl to support you.

To clarify, if support is only $300 a month for v.01, I will spend 15 days of that month on the project.

INSUFFICIENT INTEREST IN THE PROJECT WILL RESULT IN IT'S CANCELLATION.
Yeah ... that wont work. I would never pledge to a project that starts with the threat of cancellation if it does not get at least 600$/month.

When you want to get FUNDED, you have to do Kickstarter or something like that.

The price tags are quite high and the track record is not that promising. The most games I can think of start around 5-6$ to play the game (with a delay). Here you have to pay at least 10 - and the dev DEMANDS that you pay that.

A behavior like that sounds more like a desperate money grab and not how you treat your PATRONS.

Patronage is the support, encouragement, privilege, or financial aid that an organization or individual bestows on another.

You are not in the position to demand anything from your PATRONS - they grant you the privilege of their support.

taylorg88

May 22, 2021
Any bit of support he just got from this update has just been flushed down the toilet with that god awful post. Anyone who willingly gives him money is just stupid. This game will be abandoned, he will never see the support that other developers see because he's an asshole. Period.

Skyangel007

Jan 14, 2018
His comments are gold too

View attachment 1298563
He's totally right its not a donation its an investment made by a patron which you only get by showcasing your work. So try and create something that appeals to the masses and see people invest in you and your work. Because this is like a child demanding shit he thinks is good while we the masses think its not that great and so we wont invest in it (or maybe it isn't even that visible since he got a decent amount of competition on this forum and other places). IMO he's better of closing this acc down and maybe start a new one with a new project (that hes actually passionate about) because I doubt hes gonna get a lot of patrons now.

EDIT: I think he was better off creating something he was passionate about instead of actually thinking of the immediate monetary gains and see that through to completion. Because guess what there's lots of projects on this forum that are really good and probably deserve more patrons and money but life aint that fcking easy.

EDIT2: Also funny how he seems to be bitch about this to his patrons on Patreon because those ppl are already supporting him. So hes demanding more money from them. While in reality he should be appealing to ppl on forums or sites like F95 xD

Last edited:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Wow .. the dev has some special view on how patreon works ...

First I need a patch for this game ... its obvious that they are his aunts ...

The render quality is great and the writing is good.

The story is just starting and I guess we lost Katarina.

Would be a shame when this game gets abandoned (like the last one) - but that is the problem they will have with support. When you do that to your last game, you have to build up trust - and not demand ppl to support you.

Yeah ... that wont work. I would never pledge to a project that starts with the threat of cancellation if it does not get at least 600$/month.

When you want to get FUNDED, you have to do Kickstarter or something like that.

The price tags are quite high and the track record is not that promising. The most games I can think of start around 5-6$ to play the game (with a delay). Here you have to pay at least 10 - and the dev DEMANDS that you pay that.

A behavior like that sounds more like a desperate money grab and not how you treat your PATRONS.

You are not in the position to demand anything from your PATRONS - they grant you the privilege of their support.
Any bit of support he just got from this update has just been flushed down the toilet with that god awful post. Anyone who willingly gives him money is just stupid. This game will be abandoned, he will never see the support that other developers see because he's an asshole. Period.
Wow, yeah. I am not on Patreon anymore but I would never pledge to someone who essentially holds their game "hostage". I have no problem with someone valuing their time, ability, and/or talent, but the arrogance on display is too much. When he has already abandoned one game too? People should be leery of supporting a developer who has yet to complete a project. You win trust you don't demand it.

Hryme

Aug 15, 2016
I doubt acting pissed about people not getting involved in their project would do the dev any good... is it too hard to kindly ask for bigger support?
I had to unfollow Silk and Milk on Patreon, I'm sorry but I don't really need such negativity being delivered on my mailbox
I did the same. There is limits to how much bullshit I am willing to read.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
He's totally right its not a donation its an investment made by a patron which you only get by showcasing your work. So try and create something that appeals to the masses and see people invest in you and your work. Because this is like a child demanding shit he thinks is good while we the masses think its not that great and so we wont invest in it. IMO he's better of closing this acc down and maybe start a new one with a new project (that hes actually passionate about) because I doubt hes gonna get a lot of patrons now.
Maybe but he's the only dev I know demanding money before working, on patreon that is. If he wants funding he opens a kickstarter or similar. He should keep doing it as a real hobby at his pace, on the weekend or whenever and let the support grows naturally, it would pay his electricity bill he's so worried about.

But even with a new patreon account, he can't fool us if he keeps the same attitude.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
As others have said, the dev has real artistic skill in his renders, and he also has an ego and almost 0 marketing skill. He wants that Come inside/Dual Family instant money train.

PI was a decent game, the story that played out though was different, but still not good. So much disjointing between characters that would make more sense in a pure book format with views from all sides, but not one where you have a main character you view most of the story through. As an example, the jump from the honeymoon couple back to the sister's friend currently pissing on a statue in the park was weird.

I do hope he does well, but I am just cautious on it as of now with how he is.

One of his patreons should tell him to take down his really tone-deaf posts and then try and find a bunch of devs to cross promote with, so he can make the money he wants. It is a 0.01, so I don't know how many people will throw money at something this early, especially with the threats.

Reactions: Cynicaladm

kartolas

Apr 10, 2021
Personally, I don't even try games from devs that abandoned previous ones for whatever reason MUCH LESS after checking the Patreon page and seeing this:

"INSUFFICIENT INTEREST IN THE PROJECT WILL RESULT IN IT'S CANCELLATION."

You have been warned.

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes