VN Ren'Py Abandoned Heir Apparent [v.0.02] [SilkandMilkProductions]

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes

olecramid

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2020
No one has pointed out yet why his game is a bog-standard incest game.

Ah this dev's arrogance and contempt for the people who play his games is almost mind-altering in its scope

So he wrote what he thinks was the "best game ever written" which was PI, a "complex" story that spanned centuries, reincarnation, and other fabulously contrived situations

... it gets lukewarm support. Ahe he says, these plebs are too stupid to realize my greatness,

so I will give them the low forehead stuff they can understand

and after a bit of petulant huffing and puffing

spat out a lets spy on your sister and massage your aunt story so the "morons" would like it and support him

So even the subject matter of this new game is a subtle insult to his players
Wow, I'm glad I read the comments before download it, I think a dodge a bullet here!
Thanks to all!

cardfort

Mar 18, 2019
Beautiful and thoughtful and artful and erotic, this could become a high tier game everyone should be grateful to experience.

Echo regret if Primal Instinct is truly abandoned. Your team had something there, and as lovely as this new one is, nothing stands the test of time unless it is a complete story.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
This is the gem from the head-and-shoulders-above-everyone-else? Another incest with mother, aunt, edgy cousin and innocent cousin? Peeking at the morning hardon, suncream massages by the pool? Rich hot people just lazying around their billionaire mansion, doing nothing?

We sure haven't seen that groundbreaking storytelling ever before!
Amazing. I think the dev deserves a medal for originality. Yet, I can think I can think of 20 games here, just off the top of my head, with the exact same story. What are the chances?!

You mentioned the standard, much overused cliche of sunscreen by the pool, but what about the others:

Are there any massages yet? Do any of the women need help with their yoga positions? What about the 18 year old woman who has somehow never seen a man naked before and is very curious, and never knew that penises get hard? Is she in this game? Or how about the middle-aged woman that sees the MC naked, and is driven to lust by the mere sight of his body?

• Haha
Reactions: Bucketbot89
Feb 18, 2018
Very promising story and exceptional renders. I expected nothing less from this dev. But here is the elephant in the room: this dev quit his previous game, which had similar quality w.r.t. story and art. It doesn't matter what was the reason for quitting. How do we know that he will not quit this one too after 3 or 4 updates, each of which will take a year or more? I am willing to hope but he will have to show a lot of commitment to earn the trust of his audience back. Talent means nothing without consistent hard work and results.

Reactions: Lokitox8

br0nt

Apr 10, 2020
lol @ 5 reviews. There should be a count of how many were removed. I know I gave a 5 star review that was removed.

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
so he decided to make another game which he hopes will make better money.

As i said if the last game was crap I'm glad he abandoned it.
Primal Instinct was certainly not crap. It's just that it was heavily story and character driven and a very slow burn. Hell, 7 updates into the story and we were still in the prologue with another 2 or 3 updates to go before the main story was to start. Unfortunately the current market is more inclined to support games that give them instant gratification and their favored kinks i.e. harem and or incest. The success rates of story driven slow burns are rather abysmal, as they take allot of time to gain momentum. A developer of that type of game really needs to be patient and into this for the passion and not the $. If Silk could of just held on and finished the prologue before giving up, then the MC would have been back home with his family and then the ever popular Incest story lines would have started and perhaps then it would have seen an enormous boost in popularity.

P.I. was slated to be a massive epic story with complex branching (Silk himself was concerned he could even pull it off). It kind of played out like a tv series with an overarching mystery plot with pieces of said plot slowly being revealed i.e. a progressive revelation through dreams, visions, and flashbacks. Those parts seemed to turn some players off, as they wanted to know what the hell was going on right here and right now, fuck the big picture, so to speak. Personally, I enjoyed trying to piece it all together. Anyway, It was way overly ambitious for a first time project. I wish he would have taken DrPinkCake's approach and started with a more simple Vn before trying to tackle the Epic. Perhaps he could have built up enough of a loyal fan base if say "Heir Apparent" was his first offspring before making P.I. a reality.

Anyway,
On to Heir Apparent.....Visually stunning as was to be expected. Music was pleasant, even catchy. The 2 Milfs Natasha & Katarina are Gorgeous, especially Kat (I refuse to call her Kah-cha). Summer, was Ok, Winter....while I do enjoy the conquest of the typical "bitch" character, her gothic look didn't appeal to me at all. Hopefully she'll shed that look eventually. Nothing here other than the visuals that really sets it apart from the standard-fare, all of the typical tropes are present for the incest genre, which I don't really care for anymore, but if he's able to imbue it with a decent and believable story with realistic character interactions, then I can dig it. But so far this doesn't really excite me like P.I. did.

Reactions: dolfe67

JumPin

May 14, 2020
Interesting story, amazing women, and awesome renderings, looking forward to more content!

Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018
But so far this doesn't really excite me like P.I. did.
I agree, with PI you had a pretty unique take on cheating, which I thought was great. The new game is just the usual 3 clicks and your getting a blowjob from a family member thing

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
It was linked in the OP at first, that's how I got it. No idea why it got removed
It is weird. There are plenty of threads that have fan patches in the OP and that's clearly not a fan patch as it was posted at the same time. It should be in the OP...

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes