VN Ren'Py Abandoned Heir Apparent [v.0.02] [SilkandMilkProductions]

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
Comments deleted due to trolling. really bro in a forum ?(n)
Can any body link me the Forum "Guideline"?

Last edited:

TSL_JOK4R.

Mar 31, 2020
wow that was amazing .
the renders are great and the story is intresting.
i loved the mc and mom's chimistry.

goodl luck .

Edit: i checked his patreon after i wrote this comment and ohhh boy this guy will destroy his game before it even starts.

he DEMANDS 1600$ on v0.3 Lol. i'm sorry to tell you this game won't even get there. it's not 2016 anymore where there was only 3 good games around. now i discoverd a new great game every weak or so.
so if you want a slice of the cake you have to earn it by making a great game and being trust worthy because i won't pay if i'm not sure this game will get updated regualary... and he's actually asking alot for a game in it's first release.

i hope you change your attitude because i really liked the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: m4pII

Jack-ish

Jul 12, 2018
My thoughts about this game is that it will get abandoned by the dev like the last one based on the dev's history and attitude. I don't know if this post will get deleted like the others, but I'm done with this game and this dev anyway.

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
in a way i understand this dev's thought process, you got a guy like oppai man who just started & he's already making 4,400 per month, he sees himself in that category, it's not as if the quality of this game ain't above average.
Oppai Man, or some other new developer coming on the scene making a first release getting good support never discourages any developer ever. That's "New Money". Nobody really hates on "New Money". They worked for it, and got lucky with that support good on them.
I didn't know about that dev Oppai Man and I was surprised by what you said about his impressive growth, so I did a little research:

- Actually, Freshwomen isn't his first game, It's his third one: Ahegal-Ahegal Seasons and Oppai Muse are the others and those are already completed.

- He started selling his games in steam in 2018. SilkandMilk started in 2019 here.

- He opened a patreon this year, but he could grow a fan base from steam and other sites in the previous years. He has more than 3000 members in his discord.

- He had an impressive growth especially in june. My hypothesis is that he paid for publicity in some relevant sites. For example, one single post of Inceton promoting your game in his patron can give you around of 100 patrons in just 6 days, that's what happened with Vigor Games, although Inceton did it for free (he does that for new games he likes).

- Silk&MilkProductions seems to do almost none promotion, he seems to post his games only here or in a few more sites. For example, the dev of False Hero got only 40 patrons in a year and a half posting his game only in this site. When he decided to promote it all over the web, he got 330 patrons more in 4 months. https://f95zone.to/threads/false-hero-v0-35-enyo-eerie.14204/post-5007268

- Primal Instinct thread has 1 million views, Freshwomen has 350k views. Obviously, the most of Oppai Man's patrons don't come from this site.

In conclusion, Oppai Man's case wasn't just lucky as you said and he isn't a new dev neither.

ghjghjghj

Dec 10, 2018
I will say, for all of the Dev’s flaws, the gaps between updates on Primal Instinct weren’t especially long. There were plenty of choices and branching paths, and it released with some regularity. So that’s less of a potential issue here I think.
Huh, interesting. I wonder if part of that was a result of their varying time spent per month? Or did they lean hard on merging branches back together completely, such that they didn't need to deal with even minor shit butterflying out of control? That tends to end up pretty hard in the 'no real choice' land though, which doesn't seem to match what you and some others have said about Primal Instinct though.

Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018
The heavy-handed moderation of criticism of this game is utterly and absolutely disgusting

My comments on this game are

10/10 for rendering 4/10 for the originality of the plot and 0/10 for the dev's attitude and professionalism

Now I think this ^ is on-topic, as were my previous posts, and so we see if this mod deletes this. The game is a bog-standard pseudo-incest story with average writing and excellent rendering.

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
Huh, interesting. I wonder if part of that was a result of their varying time spent per month? Or did they lean hard on merging branches back together completely, such that they didn't need to deal with even minor shit butterflying out of control? That tends to end up pretty hard in the 'no real choice' land though, which doesn't seem to match what you and some others have said about Primal Instinct though.
Well, I think the structure of Primal Instinct helped the Dev in that regard. Because, the story branched in two significant ways: you choose to start an affair with another woman or you remain loyal(ish) to the wife. That was the main point of distinction, and you ended up with two very different paths with their own little things going on.

But, the story often spent time on other characters, the MC’s family in another country, or the supernatural villains story in the ancient past. To the extent where often it felt like the MC’s story was actually a subplot. So that offset the butterfly effect from the choices I think.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TurtleTacts

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
My opinion on this game is that it's a fake-incest game with good renders. And that it's no different that the shitload of other incest games.

To anyone interested in this game, know that the dev demands 1600$ just for it to reach v0.3. If it ever reaches that because he informs development will seize if he doesn't reach his lofty pledge demands. So anyone here thinking to support should consider themselves informed.

There is nothing in this post that is off-topic, since every single phrase is about the game itself and the dev's announcement about this very game.

Edit: 1600$ to work on it the entire month.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amahl Farouk

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
To anyone interested in this game, know that the dev demands 1600$ just for it to reach v0.3.
No, he wants 1600$ in order to work entire month on the v0.3.

He said that he'll only work half a month if he only gets 300$, he's already made this sum, this means next update will take longer to release, BUT THE GAME WON'T GET ABANDONED.

• Haha
Reactions: The D0n and botc76

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016

He said that he'll only work half a month if he only gets 300$, he's already made this sum, this means next update will take longer to release, BUT THE GAME WON'T GET ABANDONED.
Fixed the threshold thing.

As for the potential abandonment, he clearly states insufficient interest will result in cancellation. And it's not like reaching v0.2-3 is any milestone in development that ensures this will continue :LOL: . The only indication we have about what he considers sufficient are his stated goals. And the fate of his previous project. Which at this point is known.

Reactions: botc76

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020

Sure he will continue working on it even with low support, for now... but saying it won't get abandoned is lying to yourself

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
Sure he will continue working on it even with low support, for now... but saying it won't get abandoned is lying to yourself
i haven't played the other game, but from what I've heard the story of that game became convoluted, maybe he decided to get a fresh start & do it better this time.
i actually like it when devs drop shitty games in order to create something of good quality.

taylorg88

May 22, 2021

The $300 for half the month of work was for v.01 since he only wanted $600 for V.01.
"To clarify, if support is only $300 a month for v.01, I will spend 15 days of that month on the project."

For him to work half the month on V.02 he would need $600 and then for V.03 he would need $900 ... just to work half the month. At this point he's making about $300 which I will see that dropping next month after the initial buzz of this release wears off. Most developers take 2-4 months working consistently to get a good update out so him only working 1/4 of the month ($300 is 1/4 of his current goal), it will take him 6-7 months or so to get out an update. Hell it took him from 7 months to get out his V.01.

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
The $300 for half the month of work was for v.01 since he only wanted $600 for V.01.
"To clarify, if support is only $300 a month for v.01, I will spend 15 days of that month on the project."
that's even better cause he made less than 300 dollars per month before releasing v.01, this pretty much means he makes empty threats, he needs the money so he won't stop working :ROFLMAO:

taylorg88

May 22, 2021
that's even better cause he made less than 300 dollars per month before releasing v.01, this pretty much means he makes empty threats, he needs the money so he won't stop working :ROFLMAO:
Nah, guy doesn't make empty threats. If he did he wouldn't have stopped working on Primal Instinct which was more unique then this, imo. You can go back through his patreon and he'll post a monthly update of how much work he did.

He started work on his V.01 on December 1st and released it in July. On January 31st after 2 months of "work" "This month's workload was 29% of the set goal, which amounted to 48 renders done. That's a total of 112 renders or just over a 1/3 of the way there."

In February he did 40 renders. In March he did 40 renders. In April he did 38. So you can see that he his dead set on this stupid "I'm only gonna work a little of the month." IF this game ever gets to v.03 it will take a good 2 years before it happens. Maybe more. Who the hell is gonna support a dev that has no communication and has an attitude problem for 2 years before 3 updates comes out?

I'm not a gambling man but if I was, I would put my life savings on this game being abandoned.

Edit: This is coming from a person who supported his last project and has been closely following the development of this game for the last 7 months. I gave him a $2 this month just to see some of his posts and it will definitely be the last time I support the guy. My money can go to other developers who deserve it more.

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
" IF this game ever gets to v.03 it will take a good 2 years before it happens. Maybe more. Who the hell is gonna support a dev that has no communication and has an attitude problem for 2 years before 3 updates comes out?
I can't argue with that, I agree there, I hate it when devs update their vns just once a year.

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes