VN Ren'Py Abandoned Heir Apparent [v.0.02] [SilkandMilkProductions]

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017

That support needs to go up. I am not phased whatsoever by anyone trying to guilt trip me for constantly calling for support or pointing out that I need it to work on the game. Yes, work... Those tricks do not work on me. I need your support to work on this game.

If I point out we are falling in support, and that that is a trend towards cancellation, that is a call for support.
When I call for support, that is not an attack on my current patrons! It's a call for more support.

Respectful comments have been answered. Users sowing fear or reasons not to pledge have been banned. They can do that elsewhere. Thank you.

I am not a hobbyist. I am very good at what I do. I think Heir Apparent shows that.

For every 100 people who will completely miss the point of this message, like my previous messages, I need that 1 person who understands what it takes to make a game of this caliber.

I don't need the support of everyone, I just need enough to work on the game. Simple.

Thank you to my supporters who have remained calm during this - I imagine very stressful time for them. But I'm telling it how it is. No lies. No false promises how'll I'll work forever and ever no matter what happens. You have a long list of devs who made those promises. We all know who they are.

Regards...

Silk.
---------------------
LMAO, this fucker has pressed the panic button already. :KEK:
He doesn't live in the same reality as the rest of us. Good luck to him he's going to need it.

Antera

Nov 19, 2017
Most common feedback: amazing renders, mediocre writing. So basically it's nothing new under the sun, even though the developer seems to think that "every other dev is playing catch".
Now days pretty renders don't mean much if story is not good.
Just found that dev dropped his first game, no wonder he is bleeding SUPPORT

Deleted member 4041066

Aug 10, 2021
Now days pretty renders don't mean much if story is not good.
Just found that dev dropped his first game, no wonder he is bleeding SUPPORT
Yeah, because anyone can hone their renders to be amazingly beautiful if they want, but not everyone knows how to write or build a story. And yes, he is going to drop this one too, be away for some time and then pop back up with another one because he can't just admit that he isn't that special on this field.

meduusa

Nov 4, 2017
If he had just shut up and continued the development, he had more support than today, but no, he had to whine like a little bitch. I was about to pledge when he started threatening dropping the game.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Most common feedback: amazing renders, mediocre writing. So basically it's nothing new under the sun, even though the developer seems to think that "every other dev is playing catch".
While the renders are really good, they're not shockingly so, you can find as good or better. Plus there is no animation (though I prefer that than bad animations).

The story is not that bad, but it's the classic incest trope with a bit of cryptic elements (though a bit less than in his previous game).

The main selling point to me is the erotic scenes are very good, and it's one of the most important things for that kind of games.

Nevertheless we won't see much more of this game, the dev's attitude is awful

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018
While the renders are really good, they're not shockingly so, you can find as good or better. Plus there is no animation (though I prefer that than bad animations).

The story is not that bad, but it's the classic incest trope with a bit of cryptic elements (though a bit less than in his previous game).

The main selling point to me is the erotic scenes are very good, and it's one of the most important things for that kind of games.

Nevertheless we won't see much more of this game, the dev's attitude is awful
To be honest, the previous game had better writing than this current one, had much more interesting story and it was overall better than this one.

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018
First of all, let me apologize for what might appear to be a rambling or incoherent writing or it being an excessively long one as I am not really good at organizing my thoughts in a more concise manner. That being said....

Again, all of this highlighted that the developer handled the PR end.... poorly. He need to hire someone else to do PR work for him because the way he is doing it right now is really turning off so many people. It goes without saying that it is not a surprise that, given the context, he is having difficulties to attract a number of Patrons sufficient to support further development. I seriously doubt that most of the people who criticized him are doing it out of spite but rather based on their experience with and their perception of him.

I am not certain how all of this animosity started but I believe someone mentioned in this thread that this game had "mediocre" writing despite its great renders (latter of which I am inclined to agree with based on screenshots). Presumably, this evaluation also applied to his previous project, Primal Instinct, that had, frankly, been prematurely cancelled in my opinion. Assuming that, I suspect the animosity developed because of the critiques made about the latter game's writing and, thus, there were a much lower number of patrons than otherwise. I say this because, honestly, it feel like he does not tolerate even mild critiques very well. That is at least the impression I get from him. In any case, I don't know if writing is really that "mediocre" or not.

That being said, he may have to also consider hiring a writer while concentrating on renders, again assuming that the writing needs to be improved. I believe either one of or both of suggested courses of action above will go a big way in improving the public opinion of him and would likely increase the number of Patrons. However, I think his PR approach is in critical need of improving because it is clearly not working right now. He is losing a PR battle, to say at least.

Yet, I feel like the assertion by some of the people here that the developer is just trying to milk the money out of his Patrons is problematic and simplistic at best because renders, especially at the stunning level seen here, take a really considerable amount of time (and probably increased electric bills but uncertain how much impact it would have on that) not to just render but also to design. Anyone doing it simply for milking the money out of other people would not expend a considerable amount of time and effort in doing so. I think it is much more complicated than that. Instead, I think he has a rather unrealistic idea of how PR worked.

More importantly, I suggest he should consider asking for unbiased opinion on whether he is doing PR the wrong way or not from places such as Patreon subreddit (yes, it exists but in an unofficial capacity). I would say hiring a consultant for Patreon, assuming there is a such thing as that, but it would probably costs too much money, so I think this alternative approach would work better. There is no shame in trying this.

At any rate, I feel like humility is a quality he is lacking in from what I have seen. Humility and modesty are two of the best virtues, in my opinion, and, frankly, I hate to say this but he really reminds me of Donald Trump who had neither. Believe me, I take no pleasure in critiquing the developer's (or Trump's) behavior and approach towards other people.

Finally, it is plainly obvious that both of us and him have been beating our heads around for too long and, clearly, something need to change if this present project is to continue without a risk of being cancelled. I should say, though, that creating games on Patreon should not be thought of as a full-time job to make money off because it is *not meant* to be. It is meant to supplement, not replace, one's income. If he had any thoughts of making lot of money off Patreon, I think he is very much mistaken about it. It is *extremely* rare for anyone to make money all off Patreon. I feel like he is aiming way too high for a goal here.

BeansAndToast

Nov 13, 2020
LMAO he just want to get rich like Dark Cookie real quick. World doesn't go that way
I kind of feel bad for him, because he clearly doesn't get how this model works. You get supporters for being consistent, and for people believing their pledges will result in content. In word, reliability. One dead game is bad. One dead game, a poor update schedule, and threatening to cancel the second is how you lose the few supporters you have.

Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020
First of all, let me apologize for what might appear to be a rambling or incoherent writing or it being an excessively long one as I am not really good at organizing my thoughts in a more concise manner. That being said....

Again, all of this highlighted that the developer handled the PR end.... poorly. He need to hire someone else to do PR work for him because the way he is doing it right now is really turning off so many people. It goes without saying that it is not a surprise that, given the context, he is having difficulties to attract a number of Patrons sufficient to support further development. I seriously doubt that most of the people who criticized him are doing it out of spite but rather based on their experience with and their perception of him.

I am not certain how all of this animosity started but I believe someone mentioned in this thread that this game had "mediocre" writing despite its great renders (latter of which I am inclined to agree with based on screenshots). Presumably, this evaluation also applied to his previous project, Primal Instinct, that had, frankly, been prematurely cancelled in my opinion. Assuming that, I suspect the animosity developed because of the critiques made about the latter game's writing and, thus, there were a much lower number of patrons than otherwise. I say this because, honestly, it feel like he does not tolerate even mild critiques very well. That is at least the impression I get from him. In any case, I don't know if writing is really that "mediocre" or not.

That being said, he may have to also consider hiring a writer while concentrating on renders, again assuming that the writing needs to be improved. I believe either one of or both of suggested courses of action above will go a big way in improving the public opinion of him and would likely increase the number of Patrons. However, I think his PR approach is in critical need of improving because it is clearly not working right now. He is losing a PR battle, to say at least.

Yet, I feel like the assertion by some of the people here that the developer is just trying to milk the money out of his Patrons is problematic and simplistic at best because renders, especially at the stunning level seen here, take a really considerable amount of time (and probably increased electric bills but uncertain how much impact it would have on that) not to just render but also to design. Anyone doing it simply for milking the money out of other people would not expend a considerable amount of time and effort in doing so. I think it is much more complicated than that. Instead, I think he has a rather unrealistic idea of how PR worked.

More importantly, I suggest he should consider asking for unbiased opinion on whether he is doing PR the wrong way or not from places such as Patreon subreddit (yes, it exists but in an unofficial capacity). I would say hiring a consultant for Patreon, assuming there is a such thing as that, but it would probably costs too much money, so I think this alternative approach would work better. There is no shame in trying this.

At any rate, I feel like humility is a quality he is lacking in from what I have seen. Humility and modesty are two of the best virtues, in my opinion, and, frankly, I hate to say this but he really reminds me of Donald Trump who had neither. Believe me, I take no pleasure in critiquing the developer's (or Trump's) behavior and approach towards other people.

Finally, it is plainly obvious that both of us and him have been beating our heads around for too long and, clearly, something need to change if this present project is to continue without a risk of being cancelled. I should say, though, that creating games on Patreon should not be thought of as a full-time job to make money off because it is *not meant* to be. It is meant to supplement, not replace, one's income. If he had any thoughts of making lot of money off Patreon, I think he is very much mistaken about it. It is *extremely* rare for anyone to make money all off Patreon. I feel like he is aiming way too high for a goal here.
My perception is completely opposite to yours, and in a few sentences I reply that: this dev has no way of regaining the trust of those who appreciated his project, perhaps the only way is to come back with a new name and a new one personality, but I don't think he is willing to do it because he doesn't work for passion but for money and this latter attitude precludes his success.

Last edited:
Reactions: ju1zzed and Cotytto
Jun 10, 2018
Just wanted to ask, is the MC's mother dead?
Doesn't look like it. Grandpa is totally a goner. But Mommy dearest seems to be alive. No matter the choices she looks like the primaly love interest, narrative-wise.
And also if you chose mom insted of auntie in the beginning and have a scene with her in the pool, instead of massage with aunt, it locks you out of more content with aunt in part 2. That doesn't make sense if mother is kiiled off.
Also in "developer notes" he says about introducing 4 main love interests in v0.01. So mom(along with auntie and the cousins) is counted among the 4 MAIN love interests......unless he chaged his mind. But it just doesn't make sense, so methinks she's fine ;)

But I'd pick auntie anyway, so in my opinion, if mommy is gone, we still got the better(more interesting) twin :love::p

• Red Heart
Reactions: I_Love_Moms
3.80 star(s) 46 Votes