VN Ren'Py Abandoned Heir Apparent [v.0.02] [SilkandMilkProductions]

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I liked the story and art so I backed them on Patreon. Looks like there are a few here who don't like the maker, fair enough. I guess I would be frustrated too trying to produce something and seeing little return as well though.

At least imo this maker produces content unlike some other makers here like Gumdrop. I want to see this dev make a title so I am willing to put my money where my mouth is. Hopefully they make their targets and everyone else can get access to a well made title.

Looking at the comments either I am in the minority or other factors are in play I am just not aware of..... but to be fair I did once back Gumdrop which is how I found out about this site in the first place.
To be fair, any dev would look good next to Gumdrop, who seems to be sprinkling lead flakes onto his breakfast cereal every morning.

Firebeast

Dec 24, 2021
Would you not say respect is earned? I doubt if many other developers make it big like Artemis and Hillside games do from the start or few months into production. So I would think many devs have to grind at it to see much income for a while not so?

I liked the story and art so I backed them on Patreon. Looks like there are a few here who don't like the maker, fair enough. I guess I would be frustrated too trying to produce something and seeing little return as well though.

At least imo this maker produces content unlike some other makers here like Gumdrop. I want to see this dev make a title so I am willing to put my money where my mouth is. Hopefully they make their targets and everyone else can get access to a well made title.

Looking at the comments either I am in the minority or other factors are in play I am just not aware of..... but to be fair I did once back Gumdrop which is how I found out about this site in the first place.

Reactions: The D0n

The D0n

Feb 7, 2020
Would you not say respect is earned? I doubt if many other developers make it big like Artemis and Hillside games do from the start or few months into production. So I would think many devs have to grind at it to see much income for a while not so?
First time I ran into their product so I took a chance, just like any creator. And yes respect should be earnt but you can't assume we all have the same history with developers you may do. But like I stated before fair enough if that is your stance, myself I am rolling the dice and seeing how it goes.
I hope they do get enough to create their product because it is a well produced piece of work visually, story wise well who knows at this stage. I will see what happens and make a decision later on in development if production goes south.
And they are not the only creator I back so for me it's a hopeful extra. I already support Az , Luxee, Mad King and Huitieme so this is the "lets see what happens" backing.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
First time I ran into their product so I took a chance, just like any creator. And yes respect should be earnt but you can't assume we all have the same history with developers you may do. But like I stated before fair enough if that is your stance, myself I am rolling the dice and seeing how it goes.
I hope they do get enough to create their product because it is a well produced piece of work visually, story wise well who knows at this stage. I will see what happens and make a decision later on in development if production goes south.
And they are not the only creator I back so for me it's a hopeful extra. I already support Az , Luxee, Mad King and Huitieme so this is the "lets see what happens" backing.
If you like this game go back and play Primal Instinct. Then you will have the same history everyone else is complaining about. The disappointment when you get to the last update of that abandoned game is palpable. This is why his constant bleating about abandoning this one is not an idle threat.

onionhead

Jan 26, 2018

The goal was and is $1200 a month for me to work on v.02 of Heir Apparent.
October 31st 2021 Heir Apparent v.0.015 released
November 2021 Total pledged: $790
December 2021 Total pledged: $600
Nov + Dec $1200 reached. One month of development. Progress on v.02 is at 60%
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
January 2022

And now he has less than $500. The more he talks the less support he gets yet he keeps talking absolute garbage. What was the saying about the definition of insanity...
If only he realize the basic rule of human working in the world:
Talks too much: support goes down - money goes down
Works so much: support goes up - money goes up

pixado7875

Mar 11, 2020

The goal was and is $1200 a month for me to work on v.02 of Heir Apparent.
October 31st 2021 Heir Apparent v.0.015 released
November 2021 Total pledged: $790
December 2021 Total pledged: $600
Nov + Dec $1200 reached. One month of development. Progress on v.02 is at 60%
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
January 2022

And now he has less than $500. The more he talks the less support he gets yet he keeps talking absolute garbage. What was the saying about the definition of insanity...
If he's only doing this for money he should give up now
Nothing of value will be lost

And I actually liked Primal Instinct
Couldn't even get through this new cash grab

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
He's been threatening to cancel it since his first release if he doesn't get the support. He still hasn't gotten the support. It's only a matter of time that he'll cancel and this will be marked as abandoned.
A new version of ransomware.

• Haha
Reactions: sirsir_sir

Golden Trump

Jul 8, 2021
I just saw something on the patreon regarding the game's future
Capture.JPG
It says if he makes $1200 per month then he will work on v0.2
1.JPG
It says he made $1200 dollars in 2 months till now and not $1200 per month which was the original goal for the game development .......................... and is now working on V0.2.

Urk

Aug 8, 2020
Well good, its still good money and he's adjusting his expectations.

The graphics are great but the girls are just ok.

Dec 7, 2017
This is my Fan mod of Ripson's original IC WT and added the Chap 2 content from BaasB dolfe67's Xumeey IC post for the 0.0.15b version of the game and bits from Sum BoodeeWT..
I have added some of my own hints labelled as "Ted". But once again feel free to explore the hand options as required. Make sure to scroll back and/or save where you want to.

Hopefully some of you would like this Fan mod.
Make sure to add both attached files into the "game"folder.

You do not need to unpack the .rpa file.

Cheers and have fun

Last edited:

Legend.Killer

Aug 12, 2021
So I recently find this game .. and It was good .. Like real GOOD .. But what I understood from what you said is .. Dev is not making game and is milking ? Or saying shit while he keep waiting for money to come in his pocket for free .. It looks like he wants money first .. Then after he got it .. He's gonna start making v-0-02 .
Correct me if I'm wrong.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
So I recently find this game .. and It was good .. Like real GOOD .. But what I understood from what you said is .. Dev is not making game and is milking ? Or saying shit while he keep waiting for money to come in his pocket for free .. It looks like he wants money first .. Then after he got it .. He's gonna start making v-0-02 .
Correct me if I'm wrong.
More or less. He wants his money goal to work on the update for 1 month. But how many months does an udpate require? No one knows. And if the support takes too much time to achieve the goal, he'll stop the project anytime.

Reactions: Legend.Killer

modo200

Feb 5, 2018
look's like i'm late to the party as usual .so he snapped again :KEK: lol this game as good as dead like Primal Instinct .well good thing i know that will happen :sneaky:

Last edited:
Reactions: Cotytto
3.80 star(s) 46 Votes