VN Ren'Py Abandoned Heir Apparent [v.0.02] [SilkandMilkProductions]

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes

Akeymu

Jan 22, 2020
Despite the way the developer acts i wish this would continue, the renders are way beyond anything else on this site even better than 'Come Inside'.. i really wish this was handled by a dev who is passionate about developing VN's.
Ya that is true he is very talented in his render designs, but his mentality is fucking whack. An artist doesn't just make a rough draft drawing and demand people to pay him x about to finish the painting. He completely finishes the painting before people start paying into his art. Not everyone wants the same thing, but those who do pay for it and he gets his support to live and do what he loves. Just like all the other devs who make or break.

Reactions: Subversesuxx

truerty

Dec 30, 2018
Call it whatever you want, but this guy knows how to design the best gameplay mechanics. I'm talking about that "rubbing the thigh" event. Rubbing it in the right order lets you progress further. The seduction feels very real. There's no other game handled this event enabling mechanism like this Dev did.

But yeah, he's too money minded and that's gonna be his downfall. A wasted talent.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Call it whatever you want, but this guy knows how to design the best gameplay mechanics. I'm talking about that "rubbing the thigh" event. Rubbing it in the right order lets you progress further. The seduction feels very real. There's no other game handled this event enabling mechanism like this Dev did.
I found it annoying. I know it's a game but there is no "right" order IRL. Just let the full scene happen without player input. At least you can easily rollback if you chose the "wrong" option at each step

Reactions: dx_boost and Xumeey

truerty

Dec 30, 2018
I found it annoying. I know it's a game but there is no "right" order IRL. Just let the full scene happen without player input. At least you can easily rollback if you chose the "wrong" option at each step
If there's no player input, it can no longer be considered a game. Letting people engage each step of the way, makes them feel they're a part of that story.

Everybody has an order. Differs to each individual. Like some people wouldn't like to be touched at a certain place on their body, which would immediately turn them off. Understanding their character will tell you where and how to reel them in. It takes time and force you to pay attention to the story. That makes it an immersive overall experience.

There's no fun without some challenge. And like you said, there's a rollback option which comes handy. Tbh Without them, i would've thought it's annoying too.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
If there's no player input, it can no longer be considered a game. Letting people engage each step of the way, makes them feel they're a part of that story.

Everybody has an order. Differs to each individual. Like some people wouldn't like to be touched at a certain place on their body, which would immediately turn them off. Understanding their character will tell you where and how to reel them in. It takes time and force you to pay attention to the story. That makes it an immersive overall experience.

There's no fun without some challenge. And like you said, there's a rollback option which comes handy. Tbh Without them, i would've thought it's annoying too.
The right order is like rub her thigh down 2 times, rub up 1 time, etc. No real meaning behind it. And IRL if someone doesn't like to be touched somewhere, they say it. You can try to guess it but I'm no mentalist.

Generally I'm not a fan of minigames in VN. I like to make decisions for the MC though and tailor the story to my tastes.

Skylark3

Nov 29, 2021

But yeah, he's too money minded and that's gonna be his downfall. A wasted talent.
Almost looks like he pay someone else to do the rendering on how money minded he is, We all know that this game would blow up big time because of it's design and rendering plus a good story too. If he would just give this a project a time he would earn more than what he's earning right now.

Legend.Killer

Aug 12, 2021
Well you can't abandon a game and Give people 2 update and Really expect them to throw money to you ..
Course .. Every dev has a goal .. Yours is a lot bigger and you want BIG money with small content ..
Yeah you can fuck yourself

Legend.Killer

Aug 12, 2021
Funny thing is he is Threating .. There are tons of other games .. Sure .. if you were DPC , Ocean , PG , .. AND your game was a lot bigger than this .. We'll regret not giving you money.

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020
The Dev of this game reminds me of Antonio Brown in the NFL. (A all time great super talented athlete but so stupid and crazy)

You get more patrons but giving consistent and big updates. Be humble and treat your fans + Patrons with respect. Not hard. Instead we get one of the worst case study of what not to do that I've ever seen.

taylorg88

May 22, 2021
He edited his Patreon post saying that he didn't receive the money and that he took another job for the month. So the earliest we see a V 0.2 is late March, early April. That would be almost 1 full year between v0.1 and v0.2. No one should be supporting him to not work on this project. It's absolutely insane how much money people will just throw down the drain.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
He edited his Patreon post saying that he didn't receive the money and that he took another job for the month. So the earliest we see a V 0.2 is late March, early April. That would be almost 1 full year between v0.1 and v0.2. No one should be supporting him to not work on this project. It's absolutely insane how much money people will just throw down the drain.
He didn't receive the money? Good one. If that's not scamming supporters, I don't know what is.

Edit: Just saw the Patreon post. It's not that he didn't receive money, he simply didn't reach his ridiculous goal. I think you worded it poorly, lol. Anyway, his support dropped considerably, and rightfully so. Abandonment is in sight, and I doubt this game will even see the v0.2 release at all before it happens.

Arassei

May 28, 2019
Heya,

I played the current version (0.015b)

I really didn't understood the dynamic of the family and their relashionship with each other, can someone tell me about it?

Because if I summerize correctly :

1) MC and mom had sex (I think everyone agrees that was implied)
2) Mom regretted it and put some limit with MC (so, I guess, no sex anymore?)
3) The mom shares everything with her sister (the aunt then) so in the flashback, she tells her about what she did with MC.
4) The MC saw them and joined them in the pool.
5) The Mom was like :" Son, can you go elsewhere because I'm feeling young again with your aunt?" And after that, she teases him with the aunt.
6) After the show with the MC, he leaves, and then, the mom accept her sister going down on her.

So, isn't the mom some kind of hypocrite? Because, okay, she put some limit with the son, but she almost was an ass with him when she told him to fuck off, just for having sex with the aunt?

Besides :
MC can still kiss mom on lips
MC can kiss aunt on lips too (I don't know how it's possible but maybe in a futur flashback?)
The mom can also kiss the cousin on lips
But didn't the mom said to the MC to stay away from his cousin?

So again, isn't she an hypocrite?

How does their relationship work?

And the flashback with the pool scene was after of before the chapter one?

And, maybe I picked the wrong choices for Winter, but why is she mad at the MC again?

Thank you very much.

Last edited:

Michel Mak

Feb 3, 2019
View attachment 1630791

I've got until the 5th before I plan out the rest of my month. We're $136 shy of reaching the $1200 goal by accumulating the previous months' pledges.
Nov & December's total was $1390. It allowed me to work on Heir Apparent for a month. Progress on the update is at 60%.
$190 surplus from Nov & Dec.
January's total pledged was $546
Time of writing: $328 for February
$190 + $546 + $328 = $1064
If the goal is reached by the 5th ETA for v0.02 is late February - early March.
If not, I will have already committed to another project and we're looking at a late March - early April release.
Regards
Silk...

View attachment 1645267
Edit: Goal not reached. Booked for February
If not, I will have already committed to another project and we're looking at a late March - early April release.

Regards

Silk...
I'm going crazy with his stupid math)
Than to paint for so long where he puts the money, it would be better to draw, bastard

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
Heya,

I really didn't understood the dynamic of the family and their relashionship with each other, can someone tell me about it?

3) The mom shares everything with her sister (the aunt then) so in the flashback, she tells her about what she did with MC.
5) The Mom was like :" Son, can you go elsewhere because I'm feeling young again with your aunt?" And after that, she teases him with the aunt.
6) After the show with the MC, he leaves, and then, the mom accept her sister going down on her.

So, isn't the mom some kind of hypocrite? Because, okay, she put some limit with the son, but she almost was an ass with him when she told him to fuck off, just for having sex with the aunt?

Besides :
MC can kiss aunt on lips too (I don't know how it's possible but maybe in a futur flashback?)

And, maybe I picked the wrong choices for Winter, but why is she mad at the MC again?

Thank you very much.
What do you expect from the dude that works on his VN only if his demands are met? Do not expect for the plot to make much sense as his business model does jack shit of sense. He is not right in the noggin. :KEK:

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Heya,

Besides :

Thank you very much.
I don't think that the incest is an issue in this probably already inbred royal family. I think that she is stepping on his dick because as she insinuated he is expected to have an arranged marriage (probably to a different cousin) just like she did. If word got around that he was a motherfucker it would probably also go badly in the court of public opinion because he is expected to take the throne. But then again the entire country seems to be falling to communists or something so why this would matter to her is anyone's guess.

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes