VN Ren'Py Abandoned Heir Apparent [v.0.02] [SilkandMilkProductions]

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Okay, so yes, the dev could conceivably grunt out some pissy little half-ounce update just to keep the attention of the paypigs, but let's not delude ourselves. Game's dead.
Honestly, I'd be perfectly happy to never hear from this particular dev again, but I am almost certain he will emerge with a new game in a couple of months whining about the lack of support for this one.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
This is not the 1st time right ?
Nope, second.

He lost some players when he abandoned the first game and lost even more this time. If he comes back with a third he's got no chance now.

Not often I see a dev kill their own career but it's always amusing to see.

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
Not often I see a dev kill their own career but it's always amusing to see.
Especially a Dev with as much raw talent as this one had. Skills and ego to match, I guess. Shame he was his own worst enemy, or things could have turned out differently. :devilish:

Reactions: MrBenny

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Honestly, I'd be perfectly happy to never hear from this particular dev again, but I am almost certain he will emerge with a new game in a couple of months whining about the lack of support for this one.
If that happens, the smart move for the dev would be to establish and assume a new name, thus removing the negative stigma his past actions created.

And I've been hoping that this title would have been picked up by another competent dev, as this story and the past content was top tier.

repuindy

Jun 11, 2017
I can't say to be surprised. He has always been confused about how patreon works. it's not commissioned work, it's just "do your thing and if people like it, get donations".

Reactions: Mars88 and dolfe67

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
And I've been hoping that this title would have been picked up by another competent dev, as this story and the past content was top tier.
The rights still belong with the dev which means anyone taking over this can't get paid for it and would likely have to change things.

• Haha
Reactions: eeyye

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
He won't try a 3rd time, he said so himself. Even under a new name, his style is pretty recognizable (both render and writing)

The rights still belong with the dev which means anyone taking over this can't get paid for it and would likely have to change things.
I don't think he will sue anyone if that happens...

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
He won't try a 3rd time, he said so himself. Even under a new name, his style is pretty recognizable (both render and writing)

I don't think he will sue anyone if that happens...
Doesn't need to sue, just needs to apply to whoever hosts their game like Patreon or Subscribestar, prove he's the original dev which he could and he then gets all income.

It's happened more than once when someone thought they could just take someones game.

At best you can parody it or do it for free but trying to earn on it won't happen.

Draupnir7

Sep 3, 2020
If that happens, the smart move for the dev would be to establish and assume a new name, thus removing the negative stigma his past actions created.

He can change his name all he wants, it's his bullshit behavior that'll identify him.

doubledude123

Sep 7, 2021
I'd really like to see this continuation. I think this game slow burn and all is very well made aswell as the interaction options are sexy

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I'd really like to see this continuation. I think this game slow burn and all is very well made aswell as the interaction options are sexy
Both this and the predecessor, Primal Instinct, were good games that had potential. Unfortunately, the Dev has a huge sense of entitlement and an almost pathological need to disappoint people if they do not financially reward him well in advance of his actually starting to work. He doesn't really understand that nearly every indie dev that has a game here is basically working on spec and the ones who gain success and subscribers are the ones who deliver and build a following. He wants to do it backward. Gain a big following and all the money and then start working. It has already failed twice and we shouldn't be very optimistic that this game will continue.

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes