Dimitrii

Jan 28, 2019
Holy shit, this game is actually really nice.
Gameplay is above ok, story is very nice so far, and sex scenes are quite good.
Hope it gets some nice development/

(...)
Regardless, is anyone aware of any decent fantasy games with a similar combat system? I'm typically more used to MMOs and RPGs like Witcher, Elder Scrolls, Amalur etc. Thanks <3
If you're not asking about lewd games, then Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs have very similar combat style and is quite damn solid

Abcdefinition

Mar 9, 2019
Holy shit, this game is actually really nice.
Gameplay is above ok, story is very nice so far, and sex scenes are quite good.
Hope it gets some nice development/

If you're not asking about lewd games, then Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs have very similar combat style and is quite damn solid
Also disgaea is quite good not lewd game

xeivous

Mar 16, 2018
how do I trigger the gate in the room in the mountain entryway?
If you've just escaped from the soldiers, you can't yet. You've got to come back with the priestess you meet further in the woods.

If you're there with here, the first door to get into the temple is automatically opened and after that is simple puzzle stuff.

Fluxcarnal

Game Developer
Jan 2, 2020
This is pretty much the most interesting project I've found here! I love isometric rpg's, the art is very nice, the game itself is animated and not just a bunch of text with still pictures, monsters/monstergirl(s?) and a cute female protagonist to look at while playing.

Really hoping this gets finished, will definitely keep an eye on forthcoming updates.

Obicase

Feb 23, 2019
I am extremely impressed by the quality of this game.

I love the art which is quite unique and reminds me of old RPG games while still having high quality rendering/texturing.

I love the gameplay, not only is it fun but it is well thought and well implemented, and it looks like what you'd find in good actual RPG/strategy games. The way it's made, there is plenty of room for different difficulty settings, different mechanics, ennemies, allies and whatnot. And most importantly, the sex blends perfectly within the gameplay (and the story !) ; this is, to me, what makes for an excellent adult game, in contrary to being just a reward for griding, or just something added on top that forces the player to lose or play inefficiently.

I love the story so far : it's well written, things flow really well, the medieval fantasy world it's set in is alluring, and being an RPG, there is the possibility for a great story, plenty of sidequests and the fetishes that come with them, choices, routes, outfits (!!!), etc... I can't wait to see this game and its story develop.

But above all... I absolutely love the main protagonist. First off, let me say that a game with the main protagonist as a succubus is a brilliant idea, and I think this is what partly allows for the game to have so many good qualities already.
Secondly, the personality for the protagonist is perfect. Admittedly, I usually already like female characters that have this down to earth, clever, joker and confident personality, which often comes with an uninhibited and knowledgeable approach to sex, but never a bimbo/pervert attitude either. For exemple, the MCs from Crisis Point Extinction and Third Crisis are some of my favorite.
But in this case, it really fits perfectly. The MC is a succubus, so logically, she must have sex ; nevertheless, she's isn't turned into a sex-addict bimbo. She's very pragmatic, self-aware and down to earth about it, jokingly discussing it with dumbfounded interlocutors, all the while doing her typical RPG adventure... It's such a great and likable character.

This is one of the few games I'm going to support on Patreon. It's very promising and I hope the dev will continue this way.

Oh, and to all the people complaining that it's a female protag game : There is already literally thousands of your beloved male protag games on this very website.
Why come here to complain and ask to change this game's protag ? Just play another game. Seriously, it's ridiculous.
I'm also tired of seeing all of those "Young male protag in summer holidays fucks everything that moves in his town including his own mother" games constantly at the top of the most popular page, yet you don't see me go on those threads to complain.

Obicase

Feb 23, 2019
I don't judge anyone.
Some prefer to see a large variation of naked women and some prefer to see a large variation of naked men.
Everyone has different sexual preferences.
If naked men is what draws your attention when you're playing a female protag game, you might want to ask yourself questions buddy. Ever heard of projecting ? Not that there is anything wrong with it tough, as you said, everyone has different sexual preferences. even though you meant that has an insult and I don't.
Personally, as a straight man, when I play female protag games, I like to see... well, the female protag or the other female characters that might be in the game, you know ?
Imagine if I said to you that you like male protag games because you like to watch the same dude naked for a whole game. It's a pretty stupid take, but it's on the same level as your comment.
Anyway, the point is, the sex of the protagonist doesn't define anything. It's what you personally enjoy within the game that's important.

Last edited:
Reactions: gorgebitter

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
This game going on hiatus, so could we add the tag for it?

Going on a Brief Hiatus to Find Additional Team Members:

An oft-repeated word of advice given to indie game devs is to not bite off more than they can chew.

When I first began developing Hellscape, I was confident that the scope of the project was something I could handle on my own. I was certain that I could maintain a consistent level of quality while still releasing monthly builds with a decent amount of new content, but now that I’ve got a few months of development under my belt, I think I underestimated the amount of time it would take for me to produce these releases.

Over the past few months, I’ve grown increasingly frustrated with my progress on the game, and it has become apparent to me that I need to get some help if I want to increase the pace of development. I don’t want Hellscape to be one of those games that slowly updates for years and years while never actually drawing nearer to completion; I want it to be a full, fleshed-out game that players can experience from beginning to end, not a perpetual ‘work in progress.’

For this reason, I’ve decided to put the Patreon campaign on hold for a few months to allow me the time to find additional team members to work on the project. At the moment, art and animation are taking a significant amount of time away from development, so I’ll be looking for an artist or two to take some of that weight off of my shoulders. This means the game is likely to look a bit different once the campaign relaunches, but since the art was fairly lack-luster to begin with, I don’t expect this will be an issue. I also intend to bring on a writer who can help me with the dialogue and scene writing, which should free up a lot of time, as well.

I WILL continue working on the project during the hiatus, but since I won’t be doing any more art, there won’t be any builds released during this time, so I don’t think it’s fair to keep the campaign running.

I’ve struggled with this decision for about a week now, but as February is drawing near to an end, I feel it’s best to do this now. I’m sorry to everyone who’s supported the project thus far, but I think this is a necessary move to ensure that Hellscape is able to become the type of game that I (and hopefully all of you) want it to be.

I’ll be posting updates here when additional team members are found, and to keep you informed regarding the relaunch.

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
Ugh I hate that ending. Those bitches need to learn some manners. But I doubt that's gonna happen based on Isobel's character.

Did the game have original music too? Noticed some tracks that have been used in other games unless I'm mistaken but others that seem completely original.

Really nice game though. But it's so original I'm hoping it wont follow the path of Breeding Season and Cloud Meadow.

Edit: Aaaand I just read the hiatus post.... Sigh....

Reactions: Abcdefinition

brewit77

Mar 24, 2020
Any way to get hold of the creator ? Except for itch.io, all other pages regarding that game have been taken down (i.e. Patreon).

Apr 16, 2019
is there any way to have my arms loud?
Your what, what?

not a fan of the player character getting raped and shit if they can't rape too
"Enthralling" enemies to have sex with them is technically rape.

I do enjoy games with female protag and I also enjoy a bit of corruption, sadly i have problemens seeing a succubus falling any lower haha
Are we talking about the same character? Izobel seems pretty pure to me. Forgives insults and violence; always looks for peaceful solutions; risks her life to help an enemy; respects boundaries even when desperately hungry. She might be going down a "corruption" path with the jailbreak, but I hope not.

Any idea on what the stats are? SP is not exactly self-explanatory to me.
I assume Skill Points; though the bar is labeled "MP" even for non-magic characters.

being able to draw power from elemental sources to improve your spells e.g standing next to a campfire to enhance your fireball)
Have you found examples besides that?

Dind't peak at any window so that must be it. Do you have a save u can share?
You should be able to go back and do it at any point between reaching the village and activating the stone; just as long as it's night. Or I could upload mine.

is anyone aware of any decent fantasy games with a similar combat system? I'm typically more used to MMOs and RPGs like Witcher, Elder Scrolls, Amalur etc. Thanks <3
Turn-based tactical RPGs? I think Fire Emblem is the most famous series; followed by Shining Force and Ultima.

It exist a Twitter account:
Also a Deviantart one:

0.0.2 beta is out just sayin
Is that the same as the demo brewit77 posted? That one still says "0.01"; but it has new content.

Am I right that the office key doesn't exist; so that there's no reachable "ending" like there was in the previous build?

Also, has anyone tried beating Captain Marc? I did some math showing it should be doable at Mnd 46; but then the health gain per level-up decreased, and I haven't redone it.

Last edited:

t727

Jan 4, 2018
Seeing this game with the on hold tag saddens me...
I understand the dev and commend him for the decision, I really hope the staffing is fixed sooner rather than later.

Apr 16, 2019
Does anyone know where the game stores its save data? Or how to find out? Will I be safe if I just copy everything in %LocalAppData%\Hellscape?

Last edited:

EiEn-f-r

Dec 18, 2019
someone please tell me what engine was used to create the game and how you can repeat this (visual series, combat system, mechanics)
I liked the game a lot in terms of playability. From the sources I learned that the author created a game in Construct 2 and animation in a blender can anyone tell me how to do the same?
Maybe there are ready-made Assets or solutions for such a game?
I would greatly appreciate it!

Reactions: Abcdefinition
4.80 star(s) 8 Votes