3.20 star(s) 92 Votes

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I am not able to open the game, it immediately closes upon opening. Anyone else have this issue? How did you solve it? Every other game I try seems to work fine.

The only things in my log that look like possible errors are these lines:

Importing _renpysteam: ImportError('No module named _renpysteam',)
Could not open 'cache/shaders.txt':

That first line is there twice, not a typo on my part. I am running the compressed version.
dont use compressed versions...those are bad and can damage your hardware.
use only original games/files, and you wont have any problems:WeSmart:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

fnut

Jun 26, 2017
I am not able to open the game, it immediately closes upon opening. Anyone else have this issue? How did you solve it? Every other game I try seems to work fine.

The only things in my log that look like possible errors are these lines:

Could not open 'cache/shaders.txt':

That first line is there twice, not a typo on my part. I am running the compressed version.
Ok, well I solved my own problem - I must have had a corrupted save of some sort, because going to AppData/Roaming/Renpy and deleting the whole folder for RedFalls allowed it to open without crashing, but now I cannot create a save file. I am getting a 'PicklingError' when I attempt to create a save. Any ideas what I need to change?

Full Traceback below

Last edited:

fnut

Jun 26, 2017
dont use compressed versions...those are bad and can damage your hardware.
use only original games/files, and you wont have any problems:WeSmart:
Thanks, I seem to have fixed the first issue by just trashing my old saves, but now I can't save at all.

I can try non-compressed (downloading it now), but I normally only play compressed versions and have never had an issue with them before (and this game worked fine up until 2 versions ago for me - but that seems to have been a save issue as deleting the saves (from AppData) fixed it.

Last edited:

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Thanks, I seem to have fixed the issue by just trashing my old saves, but now I can't save at all. I can try non-compressed, but I normally only play compressed versions and have never had an issue with them before (and this game worked fine up until 2 versions ago for me - but that seems to have been a save issue as deleting the saves (from AppData) fixed it.
have you patched, modded or messed up with the code/files?
is the game fresh start (deleted ep5, unpacked 0.6 version and started from there)?

fnut

Jun 26, 2017
Thanks, I seem to have fixed the first issue by just trashing my old saves, but now I can't save at all.

I can try non-compressed (downloading it now), but I normally only play compressed versions and have never had an issue with them before (and this game worked fine up until 2 versions ago for me - but that seems to have been a save issue as deleting the saves (from AppData) fixed it.
I am so confused - I played the prologue, which I had skipped before, and now I can save - or maybe ignoring the error, and saving again changed it - not sure which but I can save now. Still on compressed version.

Reactions: Abhai

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
I am so confused - I played the prologue, which I had skipped before, and now I can save - or maybe ignoring the error, and saving again changed it - not sure which but I can save now. Still on compressed version.
Maybe the Prologue has all the code to start the Save process/system for the game... only the Dev would know for sure. Glad it is working! (and I usually only do the Compressed versions until the last Episode and then bite the bullet and get the full download) (y)

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
Still didn't get a chance to confront Kiara...
In the free roam part, where you can enter the house through the front or the back, you gotta enter through the back. Then you can either accuse her and make her cry or be understanding from the start, but the outcome is always the same.
I think this scene also unlocks the bj scene with her at the end of the update.

MGUltimate

Dec 12, 2021
In the free roam part, where you can enter the house through the front or the back, you gotta enter through the back. Then you can either accuse her and make her cry or be understanding from the start, but the outcome is always the same.
I think this scene also unlocks the bj scene with her at the end of the update.

Was that at the end? I went with the purple hair nympho girl. I think her name's Bella. Got a lot better than bj.

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
Was that at the end? I went with the purple hair nympho girl. I think her name's Bella. Got a lot better than bj.
Confronting Kiara happens earlier in the day, after Stacy (crazy fire girl) blows you during the afternoon, confronting her doesn't conflict with anything(and i assume it's necessary to trigger her latest BJ scene).
In the end of the episode you still can make a choice between Belle, Stacy, Kiara, Naomi...

3.20 star(s) 92 Votes