RMelton

Jan 29, 2019
I am sure someone has answered this somewhere but I don't have the time to run through 99 pages of chat to look for it, and I can't find the information on the wiki, or in the help in the game, how do you find the the Thief to interrupt them to start the lockpick training? I have done everything I can think of and no luck finding the thief in the attempt to break in.
Go to the restaurant and look at the menu to order some food. When that happens take the newspaper and read the article on the increasing amount of burglary and break-ins. Then go to the Forest during mornings or afternoons and you'll get the event.

MachoGuy

Nov 3, 2019
Why no one told me there are penalties for hypnosis and drug use :(
I feel like i messed up the game, I'm gonna start again but this time with Lexville mod e7f.jpg

Nonya Bizz

May 12, 2018
Why no one told me there are penalties for hypnosis and drug use :(
I feel like i messed up the game, I'm gonna start again but this time with Lexville mod
On the one hand I'm not sure if you are referring to success chance or if there is some downside I'm unaware of.

On the other hand I can't help but laugh at this out of context thinking about it like IRL: "Just found out that hypnotism causes trust issues and that you can overdose on meth, life sucks :("

• Sad
Reactions: nojszu and MachoGuy

MachoGuy

Nov 3, 2019
On the one hand I'm not sure if you are referring to success chance or if there is some downside I'm unaware of.

On the other hand I can't help but laugh at this out of context thinking about it like IRL: "Just found out that hypnotism causes trust issues and that you can overdose on meth, life sucks :("
"Mind control is a viable way to force an NPC further than they'd normally go. It's a trade-off.
:: The Relationship and Loyalty gains will be cut by 30% for doing so. Not to mention the target
:: loses 1 Loyalty and gains 1 Willpower with each failure. Just do whatever you feel like."
Bruh I've spam those all day, my NPCs loyalty must be at -1000 and I need their loyalty to progress

Nonya Bizz

May 12, 2018
"Mind control is a viable way to force an NPC further than they'd normally go. It's a trade-off.
:: The Relationship and Loyalty gains will be cut by 30% for doing so. Not to mention the target
:: loses 1 Loyalty and gains 1 Willpower with each failure. Just do whatever you feel like."
Bruh I've spam those all day, my NPCs loyalty must be at -1000 and I need their loyalty to progress
Once you have enough hypnotism skill, you can hypnotize them to be more loyal

Vrkodlak

Nov 7, 2017
Gents, got a problem. Suddenly I started loosing 0.01 of Happiness every hour and also I am being charged $100 every morning. What gives? Is it connected to a quest?

Reactions: MasterKrull

Blumph

Sep 4, 2019
Gents, got a problem. Suddenly I started loosing 0.01 of Happiness every hour and also I am being charged $100 every morning. What gives? Is it connected to a quest?
For the money, check the "Accounting" tab in "School Management"; it should list it there. As far as the Happiness loss, IIRC there could be a bunch of causes - check your Grunge, for example.

Vrkodlak

Nov 7, 2017
For the money, check the "Accounting" tab in "School Management"; it should list it there. As far as the Happiness loss, IIRC there could be a bunch of causes - check your Grunge, for example.
What the hell is Grunge (I got it on 15.26, so that might be it) and how to raise it? And thanks by the way.

Nonya Bizz

May 12, 2018
Here are my stats, how much I need to raise them to unlock that?
View attachment 691399
When you try to hypnotize someone you'll get options with how to hypnotize them, if they are not loyal at all or have willpower then initial hypnosis will be raising/lowering those stats. Once the only options are corruption/inhibition/lust, don't know why you'd have to be concerned with loyalty. All PTA proposals can be done if people are corrupted enough and eventually they'll ask you on dates/accept them so while loyalty is good I personally haven't seen any reason to not spam hypnosis.

If anyone has more experience with why hypnosis spam is actually bad please speak up, while I tend to not cheat or mess with config files I'll admit that I'll just stand in a place and spam drugs/hypnosis to get specific people so it'd be good to know if MachoGuy has a point.

Jasra343

Oct 4, 2018
When you try to hypnotize someone you'll get options with how to hypnotize them, if they are not loyal at all or have willpower then initial hypnosis will be raising/lowering those stats. Once the only options are corruption/inhibition/lust, don't know why you'd have to be concerned with loyalty. All PTA proposals can be done if people are corrupted enough and eventually they'll ask you on dates/accept them so while loyalty is good I personally haven't seen any reason to not spam hypnosis.

If anyone has more experience with why hypnosis spam is actually bad please speak up, while I tend to not cheat or mess with config files I'll admit that I'll just stand in a place and spam drugs/hypnosis to get specific people so it'd be good to know if MachoGuy has a point.
it's just time consuming, and messes with your ability to stay awake.... there are several ways to affect npc characters... i have forgotten to use hypnotism most of the time since i have found better methods

Blumph

Sep 4, 2019
What the hell is Grunge (I got it on 15.26, so that might be it) and how to raise it? And thanks by the way.
Grunge is how stanky you are; you want it low, not high - take a bath/shower at home, use the showers at school, hit the Onsen (after you buy a membership), etc.

Reactions: Vrkodlak

MachoGuy

Nov 3, 2019

I made them all corrupted, uninhibited and lustful, I give them all the items they asked me for but they keep refusing "unmonitored internet use" I even call them and do "Small talk" with them

The only requirement for that it's for them to be a little loyal to you

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I never use the drugs and or hypnosis if I don't have to, your family member will ask for drugs but its a 1 time thing.

You don't need to use them if you don't want to and if you follow my simple walkthrough for sex with any NPC you don't need drugs. (Understanding of the convo system is required.)

Its been a while since I played this game and I am waiting on the next version to play again because old save's are said not to work in it.

There is quest or 2 that require drugs and is the only time I will use them.

Aug 23, 2018
Nothing officially built-in for that right now. It would be fairly easy for a modder to put together an event that you can use from the NPC list on the right and then let that show you the current value for the person you are interacting with.

If you are comfortable with using the debug menu, you can use "Database" tab to use an SQL query to give you the current values:
Code:
SELECT * FROM relationships WHERE ownerId = 0
Code:
SELECT * FROM relationships WHERE targetId = 0
ID 0 is always the player. The first query gives you the relationship value from the player to other NPCs, the second query gives you the value from other NPCs to the player.
The NPC's ID is the value you find in the "Persons" tab as "UID" property of the respective NPC, so it's a bit of work to figure out who exactly is on the other end of those relationships.

The queries above are just for the "raw" built-in relationship values. Some events also use some custom values that are stored in the "relationshipData" table, which uses the "relationship" table via foreign key.
The following query could be used to get the "Friendship" value from NPCs to the player, which is used by GetPhysical.

Code:
SELECT r.ownerId, r.targetId, rd.* FROM relationships r
INNER JOIN relationshipData rd ON r.id = rd.relationshipId
WHERE r.targetId = 0
AND rd.dataKey = 'Friendship'
Some values can also be stored from a person to themselves (ownerId and targetId are the same). That is just a way to use the system for other kinds of data storage.
shit i barely understand what you just wrote lol but thanks a lot, ill try.

MachoGuy

Nov 3, 2019
I never use the drugs and or hypnosis if I don't have to, your family member will ask for drugs but its a 1 time thing.

You don't need to use them if you don't want to and if you follow my simple walkthrough for sex with any NPC you don't need drugs. (Understanding of the convo system is required.)

Its been a while since I played this game and I am waiting on the next version to play again because old save's are said not to work in it.

There is quest or 2 that require drugs and is the only time I will use them.
The convo system sucks dude, I've tried that in the first place but I was getting always everything wrong I didn't get nothing right and I try to search for a walkthrough but NO FUCKING ONE tell you what to pick for them.

I love how ready to help you people are but damn, if you want to help someone just go all the way. like when I didn't know from where to get the Hypno book everyone was like: "It's in the detective office" and I as a new player I start searching in school, lockpick in the police station, in the house of the PTA detective girl and i did this for hours before asking again and someone told me it's in downtown after 8 am.

With the convo system is the same thing, i know i have to use it and understand it but how? it use words i never seen i mean c'mon when you heard someone being like "Oh, you are so chirpy" "wow Felicia never thought you will be so brazen"

Does someone have a walkthrough with those things? like:
Carl Walker - Brazen, give him Razers and etc
Jenny Coppers - Athlete body, give her condoms

Something easy like this

Nonya Bizz

May 12, 2018
The convo system sucks dude, I've tried that in the first place but I was getting always everything wrong I didn't get nothing right and I try to search for a walkthrough but NO FUCKING ONE tell you what to pick for them.

I love how ready to help you people are but damn, if you want to help someone just go all the way. like when I didn't know from where to get the Hypno book everyone was like: "It's in the detective office" and I as a new player I start searching in school, lockpick in the police station, in the house of the PTA detective girl and i did this for hours before asking again and someone told me it's in downtown after 8 am.

With the convo system is the same thing, i know i have to use it and understand it but how? it use words i never seen i mean c'mon when you heard someone being like "Oh, you are so chirpy" "wow Felicia never thought you will be so brazen"

Does someone have a walkthrough with those things? like:
Carl Walker - Brazen, give him Razers and etc
Jenny Coppers - Athlete body, give her condoms

Something easy like this
Attaching again as it's easy to miss in a large document and you may have skipped to the quests:

Find "Social Profiles" and look at the information there. You can find out their personality by asking what they want and go from there. From my own personal experience with Slutzky, if a character says "I have no interests", talk politics. The second line determines personality (i.e. "I like causing mischief" = devilish personality), and as for body it seems to relate to similar thing as their interests (so if a person likes films, talk about their creativity).

Reactions: citron and MachoGuy

MachoGuy

Nov 3, 2019
Attaching again as it's easy to miss in a large document and you may have skipped to the quests:

Find "Social Profiles" and look at the information there. You can find out their personality by asking what they want and go from there. From my own personal experience with Slutzky, if a character says "I have no interests", talk politics. The second line determines personality (i.e. "I like causing mischief" = devilish personality), and as for body it seems to relate to similar thing as their interests (so if a person likes films, talk about their creativity).
"You can find out their personality by asking what they want and go from there" - this right here is the answer i most get in the walkthroughs/players/wiki posts/ old comments in this thread about this stuff. it's really equal with nothing, I go there looking for answers and come back in game with a pat on the back and a "You can do it yourself, buddy" I can't that's why I'm here asking.

Why no one did a full version of this " if a character says "I have no interests", talk politics. The second line determines personality (i.e. "I like causing mischief" = devilish personality), and as for body it seems to relate to similar things as their interests (so if a person likes films, talk about their creativity)." That's the whole thing a walkthrough needs, the only reason I can think for that lack of informations it's because their personality could be randomized and be different for every player but even then will be double.

(Seen that walkthrough already tho, it the most useful one but doesn't tell you anything about building relationships and I was having the quest in plan to do but I feel like it's already too late for that.)

Last edited:

Jasra343

Oct 4, 2018
I made them all corrupted, uninhibited and lustful, I give them all the items they asked me for but they keep refusing "unmonitored internet use" I even call them and do "Small talk" with them

The only requirement for that it's for them to be a little loyal to you
go one extra step and hypnotize them to vote more in your favor... if it's still not enough, you're not paying enough attention to the fundamentals. Sex crazed and clothes so thin that crotch shows is a good sign

3.60 star(s) 58 Votes