Jasra343

Oct 4, 2018
Since the site is down anyone wanna to make a short post about how to install mods?
Just found this game but I have no clue how to install mods yet.
I think they need new versions of the mods for the new beta version.... I don't know if some people have made some mods compatible already or even which ones for that matter

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I think they need new versions of the mods for the new beta version.... I don't know if some people have made some mods compatible already or even which ones for that matter
A few have been updated, but the majority are waiting for the full release of this version.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I hope the full release hurries up cuz the mods add depth to the gameplay... like the pregnancy mod
Not going to happen, first they have to figure out this mess with the website, then there were some major bugs yet to squash. Pregnancy mod I know for sure got updated and the Look Around mod got put into the game itself as a native feature, beyond that I don't remember.

Reactions: Gojii

Furrin Gok

Apr 21, 2022
Not going to happen, first they have to figure out this mess with the website, then there were some major bugs yet to squash. Pregnancy mod I know for sure got updated and the Look Around mod got put into the game itself as a native feature, beyond that I don't remember.
A lot of these quests even seem entirely incomplete, too, which will need to be completed and then tested.

Speaking of things that seem incomplete, Nature's Way lets you enter the opposite Onsen room, but I never see NPCs do that. Have I just not built up corruption/lust enough, or is that not implemented?

Reactions: Gojii and alex2011

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
A lot of these quests even seem entirely incomplete, too, which will need to be completed and then tested.

Speaking of things that seem incomplete, Nature's Way lets you enter the opposite Onsen room, but I never see NPCs do that. Have I just not built up corruption/lust enough, or is that not implemented?
The quests can come in later updates, and most likely would have regardless. This version was mainly structural, setting up some things to make development easier in the long term. I don't think NPCs have the ability to enter the opposite sex rooms without following you.

Jasra343

Oct 4, 2018
So, how would I enable the loom around and pregnancy mod for this new version?

Furrin Gok

Apr 21, 2022
So, how would I enable the loom around and pregnancy mod for this new version?
Extract the zip files to ...\HHS+-1.10.0-Beta-SP1-SP4\Schools\...\Mods, that middle ellipses being whichever scenario you're modding (Typically, NormalSchool). Then, when starting a New Game, click on Modules before you click on Start Game and checkmark each mod. When adding mods to a Load Game, load first, click the debug button, view the modules tab, and then checkmark everything. Do note that some things won't work on a loaded game--if you're given errors upon loading up the modules, some part if it probably won't work. Pregnancy is listed as a "New Game only" mod.

Jasra343

Oct 4, 2018
Extract the zip files to ...\HHS+-1.10.0-Beta-SP1-SP4\Schools\...\Mods, that middle ellipses being whichever scenario you're modding (Typically, NormalSchool). Then, when starting a New Game, click on Modules before you click on Start Game and checkmark each mod. When adding mods to a Load Game, load first, click the debug button, view the modules tab, and then checkmark everything. Do note that some things won't work on a loaded game--if you're given errors upon loading up the modules, some part if it probably won't work. Pregnancy is listed as a "New Game only" mod.
can someone provide a beta mod link for the pregnancy mod. I'm getting 404 errors when I try to go to the link

Scales

Nov 27, 2017
While I do enjoy HHS, I've been following it off and on for *years*. Not consistently enough to know all the little adjustments to the game, but enough to get a general trend.

My biggest issue with the game is that content over those years... (we are talking like 7/ 8/ 9+ years here. This thread was made 6 years ago.. and the game had been in development long before that)... has taken a backseat to engine optimization. Which is important and all, but the "content can come later" starts to ring hollow when nothing new besides a handful of images get added to the game over the course of all those years. (Also HATE that someone changed Peter from "Sissy Trap" to "Buff guy in Panties")

Mods help, but I think for this game to get new life in it, the storylines need to be tied off... and then new mechanics with *new* storylines need to be added that utilize those mechanics.

Otherwise, it becomes little more than a programming exercise. Doodling with bits of code with no final goal or timeline. Until the stories can be finalized and the game can be completed, further checking into the game seems pointless for most users not participating in the actual coding and development. Anything new will mostly just be optimization or 'proof of concept' implementations of new mechanics that will eventually fall to the wayside, or get sucked up in the non-stop 'optimization' process.

Maybe they are afraid to finish off the storylines, because a finished game will have less drive to work on it. Maybe they don't know how to end the stories, because they've been idle for so long. Or maybe they feel like they are being disrespectful because someone else started a storyline and they don't want to be the one to "complete it" without the original writer's permission. Either way.. I don't expect this game to be considered in a truly finished state in the next 5 or even 10 years. Might sound harsh, and I'm not trying to disparage the creators, but its an important aspect to understand about this game, for anyone interested in it and hoping for something more.

Last edited:

barteke22

Sep 23, 2017
This is a hobby project where people come and go (sometimes briefly, sometimes permanently), there isn't really a goal to reach (aside from any personal).
As such most of the people working on it only spend a few hours a day/week (when not working etc.).
The engine is almost a separate project from the scenario (story/mechanics) as it can be used to make a different game (scenario), and the people working on it don't really touch the scenario.
Rather than optimisation (which also happens), the engine side fixes engine bugs, or adds features requested by scenario side/community.

On the scenario (story) side there were a few people mass-reworking event logic (because it was very inconsistent/messy), one of them vanished a few years back.
The rest made some decent progress on that (internally), however with the website being down we don't have any way to reach them. So currently there's nobody on the scenario side that we're aware of (on discord).
Aside from Umgah (who joined recently to make some scenario mechanics more modular/moddable/expandable), me (I have interest in things other than story-writing), and Shilo (main engine dev).

Changing/expanding story lines is the exact same process as modding the game (and it's one of the easiest games to mod).
Anyone is free to make mods for it, including storyline expansions or new storylines. So long as they stay within the themes of the game (don't completely flip things out of nowhere) and have a degree of quality, they can ask to have their work included in the game.

People that are considered 'trustworthy' (been around for a while and contributed) can even ask to join the internal event team.
Heck, I could probably just adapt someone's story text if they don't want to touch the Visual Event Editor (VEE) - provided they'd stick to a specific formatting ruleset.

Tl;dr: We might need more writers. At least more than the potential 0 if the others don't find this thread.

Last edited:

Furrin Gok

Apr 21, 2022
can someone provide a beta mod link for the pregnancy mod. I'm getting 404 errors when I try to go to the link
Did you check the "Issues with the official forum and mod mirror:" section? That offers a Mega link, not the HHS link, so it should work.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2018
This is a hobby project where people come and go (sometimes briefly, sometimes permanently), there isn't really a goal to reach (aside from any personal).
As such most of the people working on it only spend a few hours a day/week (when not working etc.).
The engine is almost a separate project from the scenario (story/mechanics) as it can be used to make a different game (scenario), and the people working on it don't really touch the scenario.
Rather than optimisation (which also happens), the engine side fixes engine bugs, or adds features requested by scenario side/community.

On the scenario (story) side there were a few people mass-reworking event logic (because it was very inconsistent/messy), one of them vanished a few years back.
The rest made some decent progress on that (internally), however with the website being down we don't have any way to reach them. So currently there's nobody on the scenario side that we're aware of (on discord).
Aside from Umgah (who joined recently to make some scenario mechanics more modular/moddable/expandable), me (I have interest in things other than story-writing), and Shilo (main engine dev).

Changing/expanding story lines is the exact same process as modding the game (and it's one of the easiest games to mod).
Anyone is free to make mods for it, including storyline expansions or new storylines. So long as they stay within the themes of the game (don't completely flip things out of nowhere) and have a degree of quality, they can ask to have their work included in the game.

People that are considered 'trustworthy' (been around for a while and contributed) can even ask to join the internal event team.
Heck, I could probably just adapt someone's story text if they don't want to touch the Visual Event Editor (VEE) - provided they'd stick to a specific formatting ruleset.

Tl;dr: We might need more writers. At least more than the potential 0 if the others don't find this thread.
Shoot, if you're looking for some new blood to put pen to paper at the very least then where do I apply? I've been a fan of this game for a while now and I wouldn't mind contributing to it, even in a small way.

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
Shoot, if you're looking for some new blood to put pen to paper at the very least then where do I apply? I've been a fan of this game for a while now and I wouldn't mind contributing to it, even in a small way.
The biggest problem with writing new events isn't the idea, or pen to paper or even using the VEE, it's finding appropriate images to use for the event. Since the game uses generic images found on the web for most of the major event chains, that becomes the limiting factor.

They have spent some time on an image tagging system that seems to work quite well so you might be able to use existing images if the events are not NPC specific. If you have a favorite series of images in mind that you could "acquire" for the game and tag them you could write your new event chain against those images.

barteke22

Sep 23, 2017
1q1q1q1q1q1q1q1q Regardie
Yes, ideally you'd find some decent matching images as well - I do have a pretty large folder of images vaguely resembling some of the special characters + know some of their inspirations (mostly teachers) - however those don't exactly have any story direction. I'm also not looking for someone to just dump a big wall of text and say 'make this work' - if you're not going to build the events yourself, then you'll have to at least deal with some formatting rules.

I can obviously fix any mistakes I find (provided I notice them), but there's a minimal level of literacy, grammar and formatting required - otherwise it would become so much that I might as well be writing it myself.

And obviously whether you go the VEE route, or provide well formatted text (+ maybe images) - don't expect to gain access to the latest build. Regular story chains are just fine to be built on the public one. The mass reworks were mainly related to generic events (removing some of the RNG and weird logic/inconsistencies), the engine changes are more geared towards new mechanics/logic. If there's any need for those I can deal with it on my end (provided it's not some massive new system).
Because it's not up to me to give people access, and while new 'trustworthy' people would be welcome, this isn't an attempt at replacing those we've lost contact with, but to 'get the ball rolling' again. I hope at least some of them will find us, especially because from examining their reworks, it's clear they knew what they were doing and had some form of vision in mind. Plus with the site issues and other devs being unreachable, there's enough problems without someone (potentially) leaking stuff, and then people complaining about a leaked 'not for gameplay' build being... 'not for gameplay'.

If you're looking to help, ideally I'd ask you to at least try getting into VEE (there's an INSTALLATION AND MODDING GUIDE in the Op). Simply put, it's fairy easy to use even if you don't know programming - it obviously helps to know some basic concepts for logic, but it just boils down to connecting boxes together. Story chains don't tend to use anything too complicated: Just some condition checks to pass (Try) then show the event (Execute), which can be anything as simple as some image boxes + text boxes. The most important thing about VEE is the will to read descriptions, experiment and look at other events for logic inspiration. Plus you can always google what something means, or just ask on discord.

Tl;dr: I recommend PM'ing on discord if you're interested, at some point I'll make a topic + put together a post with info on formatting & constraints for those that don't wish to touch VEE, and tips for both there.

Last edited:

DougTheC

Oct 15, 2018
Haven't done anything sexual with Annette, but when I finally get answer to "Are you a virgin?" she says,
Did you forget? You of all people should know the answer.

Using v 1.10.0 Beta, r2377, and Debug screen says she is virgin, so don't know what MC could have "forgotten."

3.60 star(s) 58 Votes